Looking ahead, here's what we face.

BirdFan33

Since '07, only 7 teams have started 0-2 and made the playoffs. Looking ahead Sunday and what lies ahead in terms of matchups, we have our work cut out for us. It's would be a very tough road ahead if we drop this one. 

On the flip side, we have an opportunity to come out of this feeling pretty good about ourselves. If we find a way to steal one on the road, and head down to New Orleans with confidence and new direction, we can turn this thing around. I know the dialogue has been the tough schedule after these first two. That's a given. However, DQ and this coaching staff have a chance to make something turn here and create some momentum going into the tough portion of the year. This week could be a turning point if addressed as such. 

Edited by BirdFan33

2 minutes ago, papachaz said:

Hago back to last year and look at the stats for a team going 5-0 making the playoffs, and how did that turn out? 

now go to last week, and look up the stats for how many home openers a Matt Ryan lead football team has lost

stats man..........they're just stats ;)

Look, I'm not saying it's the end all, be all, but those are pretty telling stats. Are there dynamics that change with each case? Certainly, but we have two vastly different directions we can go after this week if the stats and patterns hold true. 

3 minutes ago, BirdFan33 said:

Look, I'm not saying it's the end all, be all, but those are pretty telling stats. Are there dynamics that change with each case? Certainly, but we have two vastly different directions we can go after this week if the stats and patterns hold true. 

oh I get that, I promise. but well, especially the last few years I've seen using stats to make picks go out the window for me, LOL

about the only game I'm gonna trust stats on this week is SEA@LA......  LOL

I for one never thought this team is or was a playoff caliber team. My out of this world high end win total for This years team would be 8-8. The Falcons had a lot to fix coming into this new year. Then from all the position moves that should tell you things are still a work in progress.

I am just looking for this team to clean up the bad things from last year and show improvement each and every week.

3 minutes ago, papachaz said:

oh I get that, I promise. but well, especially the last few years I've seen using stats to make picks go out the window for me, LOL

about the only game I'm gonna trust stats on this week is SEA@LA......  LOL

Trust me, I get it. That's why we love the NFL so much. The parity is what keeps it interesting. That game in LA this week will be one of the worst we've seen in a while for sure. The Rams are a dumpster fire. Jeff Fisher was right about one thing, he's not going ****ing 7-9. Looking more like 3-13 and another top overall pick. 

Edited by BirdFan33

13 minutes ago, papachaz said:

go back to last year and look at the stats for a team going 5-0 making the playoffs, and how did that turn out? 

now go to last week, and look up the stats for how many home openers a Matt Ryan lead football team has lost

http://study.com/academy/lesson/misleading-statistics-definition-examples.html

26 minutes ago, papachaz said:

go back to last year and look at the stats for a team going 5-0 making the playoffs, and how did that turn out? 

When was the last team any NBA team came back from a 3-1 deficit to win the finals?  Oh right, never...until last year ;)