I think we are going to be OK

whitekb011

I re-watched our game against TB and then watched the OAK vs NO game.  Here are some observations on our next match up.

Oaklands defense is not what it is cracked up to be.  NO ran and through the ball all over the Raiders.  Like our 3rd down penalties, if NO does no get a PI call on a 4th down stop with about 1:55 remaining in the game, OAK looses that ball.  Number 25 for Oakland must have had 3-4 PI calls in the game.  The oakland defense plays with less discipline than ours.  The RB's of NO consistently where a problem for Oakland.  I think we can put up over 30 points on this defense.

Oaklands offensive line looked good, but Carr did not have nearly as much time to through the ball as Brees did.  Oakland has RB, number 30, who can fly.  He took one 75 yards straight up the gut.  It will be interesting, because I couldn't figure out if NO defense was that bad, or Oaklands offense that good.

In summary, I believe this game is very winnable and not doom and gloom for the rest of the season.  I also was not impressed with NO defense.  I believe the next two games, though on the road, are very winnable.

52 minutes ago, whitekb011 said:

Yep, I think we might be ok as well. 

TB Game Issues: 

• Giving TBs dieing drives life with stupid penalties. (will be fixed)
  • A few costly rookie mistakes. (Should be less this week)
  • A few odd play calls and or Matt poor throw (we'll see)

However, we had a lot of hidden good in the game as well. 

• Dline getting push and disruption without leaving gaping holes.
  • LB speed, coverage and aggressiveness is awesome. 
  • Poole looks like a keeper. 

Give me back two penalties and one play with bad angles by 1 0r 2 guys and we'd have blown them out, IMO. 

I'm still not sure what to think about the Raiders because they do look very potent on both sides of the ball. However, their triage O-line might be a festering wound we can take advantage of. I can see us getting a few sacks this week. 

17 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

Yep, I think we might be ok as well. 

TB Game Issues: 

• Giving TBs dieing drives life with stupid penalties. (will be fixed)
  • A few costly rookie mistakes. (Should be less this week)
  • A few odd play calls and or Matt poor throw (we'll see)

However, we had a lot of hidden good in the game as well. 

• Dline getting push and disruption without leaving gaping holes.
  • LB speed, coverage and aggressiveness is awesome. 
  • Poole looks like a keeper. 

Give me back two penalties and one play with bad angles by 1 0r 2 guys and we'd have blown them out, IMO. 

I'm still not sure what to think about the Raiders because they do look very potent on both sides of the ball. However, their triage O-line might be a festering wound we can take advantage of. I can see us getting a few sacks this week. 

Agree, I was really disappointed, but after I got over the emotions of the game, we didn't do to bad.