Jump to content

ACC pulls title games out of NC


Unknøwn
 Share

Recommended Posts

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Wednesday that it would move neutral site championships for this academic year, including the football title game in December and the women’s basketball tournament in March, out of North Carolina in reaction to a state law that curbed anti-discrimination protections for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.

 

Orlando is rumored to be the new site of the football championship

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Wednesday that it would move neutral site championships for this academic year, including the football title game in December and the women’s basketball tournament in March, out of North Carolina in reaction to a state law that curbed anti-discrimination protections for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.

 

Orlando is rumored to be the new site of the football championship

The PC of this country .....ugh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GAbred said:

I need to read up on this Carolina law cause all this backlash seems overboard. But I am admittedly a bit uniformed.

I had to go and do the same. Basically the law states that in public you must use the restroom of the sex as listed on your birth certificate.

Here's the thing that I don't understand, if you're a transgender person and you're dressed good enough that people don't know if you're really a woman who's a man or vise versa then how can this law be enforced? There's not people asking to see your birth certificate before you go to the bathroom and you're not being asked to show which equipment you have so how exactly can this law be enforced? That is what makes all this stuff so stupid. People act like transgender people just all of a sudden started happening when transgender people have been around forever and we just didn't know it because it's not a big deal. Or it used to not be a big deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I had to go and do the same. Basically the law states that in public you must use the restroom of the sex as listed on your birth certificate.

Here's the thing that I don't understand, if you're a transgender person and you're dressed good enough that people don't know if you're really a woman who's a man or vise versa then how can this law be enforced? There's not people asking to see your birth certificate before you go to the bathroom and you're not being asked to show which equipment you have so how exactly can this law be enforced? That is what makes all this stuff so stupid. People act like transgender people just all of a sudden started happening when transgender people have been around forever and we just didn't know it because it's not a big deal. Or it used to not be a big deal.

yep.. the bill was created in response to a change by the city of charlotte regarding opening up bathroom to all sexes.. had they not done their change then none of this would have happened.  now the source of this breakdown may be conservative, but it breaks down the issue and gives some very good detail on what and why.  north carolina is being attacked by those uninformed and it's ridiculous that crap that has happened. 

http://thefederalist.com/2016/05/09/the-truth-about-north-carolinas-bathroom-bill/

it's a long read, but it breaks it down very well.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

yep.. the bill was created in response to a change by the city of charlotte regarding opening up bathroom to all sexes.. had they not done their change then none of this would have happened.  now the source of this breakdown may be conservative, but it breaks down the issue and gives some very good detail on what and why.  north carolina is being attacked by those uninformed and it's ridiculous that crap that has happened. 

http://thefederalist.com/2016/05/09/the-truth-about-north-carolinas-bathroom-bill/

it's a long read, but it breaks it down very well.  

I completely disagree with that writer's position that the law is simple common sense and therefore should be supported by everyone. Charlotte had no rights to do what they did. But that doesn't justify the law that the state passed. The writer is trying to justify the state law by saying that had Charlotte not lost their minds and passed a stupid law that they had no rights to pass then the state wouldn't have had to pass "a common sense" law.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I had to go and do the same. Basically the law states that in public you must use the restroom of the sex as listed on your birth certificate.

Here's the thing that I don't understand, if you're a transgender person and you're dressed good enough that people don't know if you're really a woman who's a man or vise versa then how can this law be enforced? There's not people asking to see your birth certificate before you go to the bathroom and you're not being asked to show which equipment you have so how exactly can this law be enforced? That is what makes all this stuff so stupid. People act like transgender people just all of a sudden started happening when transgender people have been around forever and we just didn't know it because it's not a big deal. Or it used to not be a big deal.

My thoughts exactly. Just go to the bathroom. Who is going to know the difference unless you are trying to make it known. Thanks for the link Sac.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I completely disagree with that writer's position that the law is simple common sense and therefore should be supported by everyone. Charlotte had no rights to do what they did. But that doesn't justify the law that the state passed. The writer is trying to justify the state law by saying that had Charlotte not lost their minds and passed a stupid law that they had no rights to pass then the state wouldn't have had to pass "a common sense" law.

we can disagree on this.  i agree with most of what the author wrote.. even if you don't agree with it, the information provided in the article gives a lot of great information on the entire situation.  the bottom line for me is this entire situation is ridiculous and the leagues are pure jokes for moving games.  the nba especially.. the same nba that is going to have games in china that doesn't believe in any human rights whatsoever.  china??  i mean come on.  the atrocities in china seemed to be ignored so the nba can expand it's footprint.. i guess money blinds a league.  smh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

we can disagree on this.  i agree with most of what the author wrote.. even if you don't agree with it, the information provided in the article gives a lot of great information on the entire situation.  the bottom line for me is this entire situation is ridiculous and the leagues are pure jokes for moving games.  the nba especially.. the same nba that is going to have games in china that doesn't believe in any human rights whatsoever.  china??  i mean come on.  the atrocities in china seemed to be ignored so the nba can expand it's footprint.. i guess money blinds a league.  smh

Here's why I can't support the bill, how can it be enforced? How do you know which equipment someone has? Like I said, I know a girl who is transgender and lets to dress as a male and I and no one else had no idea. I didn't know until she told me. That's how good she is at hiding it. So she could have gone and used a male restroom and no one would have known the difference. It works the other way around too. I've seen pictures of guys dressed as women and you absolutely cannot tell the difference. It's mind blowing really. So how can this law be supported and enforced? I mean things were fine for forever and then now all of a sudden it's an issue?

I agree with the rest of your post. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2016 at 3:12 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

I had to go and do the same. Basically the law states that in public you must use the restroom of the sex as listed on your birth certificate.

Here's the thing that I don't understand, if you're a transgender person and you're dressed good enough that people don't know if you're really a woman who's a man or vise versa then how can this law be enforced? There's not people asking to see your birth certificate before you go to the bathroom and you're not being asked to show which equipment you have so how exactly can this law be enforced? That is what makes all this stuff so stupid. People act like transgender people just all of a sudden started happening when transgender people have been around forever and we just didn't know it because it's not a big deal. Or it used to not be a big deal.

 

Please do not take this the wrong way, but you cannot compare the transsexual movement of the past to the transsexual movement under the banner of third wave feminism. It used to be that if you decided to switch sexes, you would take on the characteristics of that sex, a permanent move. Under third wave feminism, gender is seen as a social construct while sex remains biological. This is important because while sex is somewhat stable, gender is now "fluid," meaning it can change weekly, daily, or hourly and that it is not confined or defined by social constructs. What does this mean? According to third wave feminist teaching, I can remain manly, remain attracted to women, but identify as a woman. So, you don't have to change your sex or your sexual preferences to identify as the opposite gender. I can keep my *****, testicles, deep voice, facial hair, and my attraction to women... Not change my sex... But merely decide to identify as the opposite gender and THAT allows me to use the women's restroom. THAT is why this issue has come up. To pretend that some Evangelicals merely went ballistic over a fad that has been around for decades ignores the neo-marxist movements.

All of this would have been unbelievable to me until I got my Masters of Arts in Teaching. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, itsjustafleshwound said:

 

Please do not take this the wrong way, but you cannot compare the transsexual movement of the past to the transsexual movement under the banner of third wave feminism. It used to be that if you decided to switch sexes, you would take on the characteristics of that sex, a permanent move. Under third wave feminism, gender is seen as a social construct while sex remains biological. This is important because while sex is somewhat stable, gender is now "fluid," meaning it can change weekly, daily, or hourly and that it is not confined or defined by social constructs. What does this mean? According to third wave feminist teaching, I can remain manly, remain attracted to women, but identify as a woman. So, you don't have to change your sex or your sexual preferences to identify as the opposite gender. I can keep my *****, testicles, deep voice, facial hair, and my attraction to women... Not change my sex... But merely decide to identify as the opposite gender and THAT allows me to use the women's restroom. THAT is why this issue has come up. To pretend that some Evangelicals merely went ballistic over a fad that has been around for decades ignores the neo-marxist movements.

All of this would have been unbelievable to me until I got my Masters of Arts in Teaching. 

That is interesting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A December championship game in North Carolina vs. Miami.  Kinda a tough choice, right?

The transgender bathroom law seems unnecessary and another example of lawmakers wanting to govern every aspect of our lives.  Personally, I am happy not to live in North Carolina.  

The older I get, the less tolerant I am of the intolerant.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...