Should this have been flagged?

quotemokc

I know we can't whinge about every non call but I am still learning NFL and was wondering if this was either hands to the face or a hold against Hawley on Jarrett?

This was the play after Jones stopped Winston on 3rd down but Clayborn was offside.

Credit to Jarrett for putting the hit on Winston, not to mention Winston is lucky that Martin got up in time for the dump off.

giphy.gif

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact of the matter is that holding is pretty much allowed in today's NFL. I suspect that it's the leagues way of protecting the QB. The only time you really see it get called is you see the jersey getting blatantly stretched (it looks egregious). Heck, if I was a DLineman, I'd wear the biggest, loosest jersey I could just for that reason. That was a straight up tackle by the center and SHOULD have been flagged according to the rules-but this is the NFL we're talking about here.

3 minutes ago, Jesus said:

It might count as one of the worst holds ever. You get beat. Tackle him to the ground but he still gets up and hits the QB. 

I wish Worrilow had hit him harder for a sack. I still can't believe he got a pass off with all that happening.

Yep, another freaking time we get to the QB and either miss or blow the tackle.  This team is so dam frustrating to watch.

We know going into a game that both Jameis and Cam are pretty big dudes.  You must hit them with authority and wrap up strong in order to get them on the turf.

No excuses.  Love to see Jarrett bounce up and drive him backwards.  But, as usual, no sack.

6 minutes ago, Jesus said:

It might count as one of the worst holds ever. You get beat. Tackle him to the ground but he still gets up and hits the QB. 

I wish Worrilow had hit him harder for a sack. I still can't believe he got a pass off with all that happening.

Yeah he really needed to tackle around his arms.

1 minute ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Yep, another freaking time we get to the QB and either miss or blow the tackle.  This team is so dam frustrating to watch.

Exactly. Also why the **** is Tyson Jackson in there at DE? Where is our top 10 #8 pick pass rusher Vic Beasley. People give him a hard time but this is the situation where he needs to be in there bringing the pressure. Okay but he isn't an end now he's an LB. Sure he is but why then is Worrilow blitzing from that spot? Why isn't super fast Vic Beasley blitzing from there?

MAKES NO DANG SENSE!!

Vic will never become a top pass rusher if you don't let him rush the passer. No need for a spin move there. Him and Clayborn rushing together was supposed to be a highlight. Yes with his speed he gets that sack.

7 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Every time I look at this I see more.

Seriously a single TE is trying to block Worrilow and Clayborn. The tackle peels off Worrilow opening him to the QB. Beasley gets that sack. 

Yea, what poor luck. If there were ever a time for Beasley to use his sheer speed, that was it.

Just now, Knight of God said:

There is no reason T. Jax is in at RE, Clayborn LE, Upshaw and Jarrett are fine at DT. Then you run Worrilow? Huh???

There must be no other available DEs or LBs in the world that we still have T. Jax and Worrilow on the team. I don't get it. That play is lost because they are on the field. 

12 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Exactly. Also why the **** is Tyson Jackson in there at DE? Where is our top 10 #8 pick pass rusher Vic Beasley. People give him a hard time but this is the situation where he needs to be in there bringing the pressure. Okay but he isn't an end now he's an LB. Sure he is but why then is Worrilow blitzing from that spot? Why isn't super fast Vic Beasley blitzing from there?

MAKES NO DANG SENSE!!

Vic will never become a top pass rusher if you don't let him rush the passer. No need for a spin move there. Him and Clayborn rushing together was supposed to be a highlight. Yes with his speed he gets that sack.

I have no doubt that beasley gets that sack.  None whatsoever.  And he gets there 1 full second before Worrilow.

Frustrating as ****.

1 minute ago, falcon_owns_nfc_south said:

Wor went for sack but he would have extended his arm to hit Winston arm then he would have either sacked or make it fumble.

Excellent point, though he does pull the ball in when Worrilow meets him there.

The problem with looking at this gif all morning is that we see so much over and over again. In the 6 seconds that this play lasts live on the field its all about reaction to the moment. I always liked Worrilow's story but I am starting to see he doesn't react in the best way at times. I don't know if Beasley does or not but I look back at that Carolina game last year and he played a lot of snaps and made a lot of plays. It's time to let him play. If he fails he fails if he succeeds then watch out.