4 round mock to help the trenches

ike barn87987

IMO RG and pass rusher are the biggest issues along with NB and FS. If Collins can be who they think he can be, then we are good in the secondary. If not then I think Deji Olatoye or Goodwin will replace him. I also would like to see Poole replace Allen at FS. He did play safety at FL as well. So here it goes.

FA:

DE Jabaal Sheard 

DT Sly Williams (w/coach Smith in DEN)

Round 1:

RG Dan Feeney 

Top guard in the draft for our ZBS.

Round 2:

DE Dawuane Smoot 

Explosive and uses his hands well. Has probably the best chop move of anybody in this draft. Chuck Smith is always talking about the chop and violent hands. Like all young pass rushers he's gotta learn more moves.

Round 3:

CB Fabian Moreau 

I think he can play outside and inside. I would put him at NB and move Poole to FS. He was considered a 1-2 Rd pick last year before his injury. Coach Ulbrich knows him very well from UCLA.

Round 4:

DT Joey Ivie 

Another guy with a good motor who's more of a penetrating DT than run stopper.

So that's 5 guys on the lines and a NB.

1 minute ago, datchrisb1 said:

Yeah, bruh Feeney is your guy this year I see, lol...  

Yeah he is. I'm pounding the table for Feeney. But who else do we have at RG? Nobody.. Chester will be gone and Schweitzer ain't ready. It's nothing in FA so RG is empty. Feeney is the top guard. And with Sheard, Smoot, and hopefully Beasley we should have some pass rushers.

51 minutes ago, ike barn87987 said:

Yeah he is. I'm pounding the table for Feeney. But who else do we have at RG? Nobody.. Chester will be gone and Schweitzer ain't ready. It's nothing in FA so RG is empty. Feeney is the top guard. And with Sheard, Smoot, and hopefully Beasley we should have some pass rushers.

I'm more inclined for us to go after Dallas Thomas in free agency.  There are some guards in free agency, plus rookie guards never well more often than not don't do anything there first 2 years. I want a free agent sign at DE and a free agent sign at OG. Jabaal Sheard and Dallas Thomas, we will have the money next year to do it.   Then again, I'm not as high on him as you are, not even close. I see him and a guy like Kyle Kalis and on the real tip, don't see a drop off at all. I think people are really sleeping on Kalis, not prepared to say Kalis is better than Feeney, but I do like Kalis better personally.  And then I see guys like Johnny Casper and see how well he moves, and when he does use proper form, and think he would be perfect next to Matthews and just pick up Thomas in free agency. Above that I'd rather go with nearly every D-lineman who is considered a 1st round pick rather than Feeney.  I mean if I'm staring at Jonathan Allen or Feeney to me its' a no brainer, but again I'm not as high on Feeney as you are.  I want both a free agent DE, and a first round DE, and a free agent guard honestly.

1 hour ago, ike barn87987 said:

And as a rookie O-lineman during preseason your seeing reps with the first team as a 5th round pick. Get to the 3rd preseason game, and they practically don't take you out of the game says a lot. A H#ll of a lot. Honestly, dude, even if we draft Feeney next year, it's a good chance he won't even beat out Schweitzer for the starting role.

2 hours ago, datchrisb1 said:

I'm more inclined for us to go after Dallas Thomas in free agency.  There are some guards in free agency, plus rookie guards never well more often than not don't do anything there first 2 years. I want a free agent sign at DE and a free agent sign at OG. Jabaal Sheard and Dallas Thomas, we will have the money next year to do it.   Then again, I'm not as high on him as you are, not even close. I see him and a guy like Kyle Kalis and on the real tip, don't see a drop off at all. I think people are really sleeping on Kalis, not prepared to say Kalis is better than Feeney, but I do like Kalis better personally.  And then I see guys like Johnny Casper and see how well he moves, and when he does use proper form, and think he would be perfect next to Matthews and just pick up Thomas in free agency. Above that I'd rather go with nearly every D-lineman who is considered a 1st round pick rather than Feeney.  I mean if I'm staring at Jonathan Allen or Feeney to me its' a no brainer, but again I'm not as high on Feeney as you are.  I want both a free agent DE, and a first round DE, and a free agent guard honestly.

I've watched Kalis and he's not that good to me. But I think u have it backwards that O linemen don't do that good their first couple of years. That's usually the case with pass rushers. Look at Clowney, Mack, Strahan, Beasley, etc. And these pass rushers aren't even thought to be as good as Clowney, Mack, Miller, coming out. Only Garrett is but he won't be available when we pick. I would wait till 2nd Rd to draft a pass rusher. But I would have to get Feeney in the 1st because we won't get him in the 2nd. Just like we did with Neal this year.

IMO Schweitzer is no match at all to start over Feeney. I honestly think Schweitzer will eventually replace Levitre. I can see Matthews, Schweitzer, Mack, Feeney, and Schraeder. Everything I read is Dallas Thomas is not good. I'll pass on him. Same with Johnny Caspers.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2016/06/a-new-dallas-thomas-for-the-miami-dolphins-so-far-so-good.html

One of the experts had a tweet the other day about Caspers being over hyped but I can't find it now.

21 minutes ago, ike barn87987 said:

I've watched Kalis and he's not that good to me. But I think u have it backwards that O linemen don't do that good their first couple of years. That's usually the case with pass rushers. Look at Clowney, Mack, Strahan, Beasley, etc. And these pass rushers aren't even thought to be as good as Clowney, Mack, Miller, coming out. Only Garrett is but he won't be available when we pick. I would wait till 2nd Rd to draft a pass rusher. But I would have to get Feeney in the 1st because we won't get him in the 2nd. Just like we did with Neal this year.

IMO Schweitzer is no match at all to start over Feeney. I honestly think Schweitzer will eventually replace Levitre. I can see Matthews, Schweitzer, Mack, Feeney, and Schraeder. Everything I read is Dallas Thomas is not good. I'll pass on him. Same with Johnny Caspers.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2016/06/a-new-dallas-thomas-for-the-miami-dolphins-so-far-so-good.html

One of the experts had a tweet the other day about Caspers being over hyped but I can't find it now.

No it's the case for both, I'm not backwards at all. Both take around 2 years, only position groups that are shorter are running backs and linebackers, both line of scrimmage guys take around 2 years.  You say this, and state 0 guards to balance your argument, lol...  DeCastro, Warmack, and Cooper come to mind off the top of my head. I guess it depends on preference, I prefer a stud pass rusher in 2 years vs a stud guard.

Your acting like Feeney is top 10 or something, " IMO Schweitzer is no match at all to start over Feeney. " really dude, he's not even in the league yet, by the opinion of our coaching staff at week 1 realistically Schweitzer is a starting guard in the NFL right now. Jonathan Cooper was a top 10 pick guard, you don't know until these guys get in the league what they are. Most rankings I've seen either put Feeney at the end of the first or just out of the first. No way if I have the money which we will, am I ranking a college player above a proven guy.

Personally, I barely put any stock in what people write on players.  Only time I would sit down and really dig into what someone wrote is if I don't have access to the game tape. Other than that only thing I research as far as that go is conduct, issues like arrest and injuries. Basically, we have the tape on Casper, don't care what someone wrote about as far as him being overhyped. That would be feeding myself hype rather than substance, you know what I mean. And you do understand these "experts" are only right 20% of the time. If you made a 20 on a test in school would you be an expert?  That percentage includes the 1st round, lol...

You already have your substance in Schweitzer, 5th round guy, the guy arrives at football camp and is in a REAL battle with Levitre to start. We are in week 1 in the NFL season, dude already in the league and ihas a real chance to start. This right here is what you call feeding into hype -" IMO Schweitzer is no match at all to start over Feeney.". I was saying we get a stud guard in free agency, after reading that, I see I need to move off of Dallas, dolphins fans think that of him, Chance Warmack then, I know he's balling, but RIGHT NOW Feeney isn't starting over Schweitzer or Warmack, that's basically what I'm saying. To me the tape don't lie, the experts do, lol...

2 hours ago, datchrisb1 said:

No it's the case for both, I'm not backwards at all. Both take around 2 years, only position groups that are shorter are running backs and linebackers, both line of scrimmage guys take around 2 years.  You say this, and state 0 guards to balance your argument, lol...  DeCastro, Warmack, and Cooper come to mind off the top of my head. I guess it depends on preference, I prefer a stud pass rusher in 2 years vs a stud guard.

Your acting like Feeney is top 10 or something, " IMO Schweitzer is no match at all to start over Feeney. " really dude, he's not even in the league yet, by the opinion of our coaching staff at week 1 realistically Schweitzer is a starting guard in the NFL right now. Jonathan Cooper was a top 10 pick guard, you don't know until these guys get in the league what they are. Most rankings I've seen either put Feeney at the end of the first or just out of the first. No way if I have the money which we will, am I ranking a college player above a proven guy.

Personally, I barely put any stock in what people write on players.  Only time I would sit down and really dig into what someone wrote is if I don't have access to the game tape. Other than that only thing I research as far as that go is conduct, issues like arrest and injuries. Basically, we have the tape on Casper, don't care what someone wrote about as far as him being overhyped. That would be feeding myself hype rather than substance, you know what I mean. And you do understand these "experts" are only right 20% of the time. If you made a 20 on a test in school would you be an expert?  That percentage includes the 1st round, lol...

You already have your substance in Schweitzer, 5th round guy, the guy arrives at football camp and is in a REAL battle with Levitre to start. We are in week 1 in the NFL season, dude already in the league and ihas a real chance to start. This right here is what you call feeding into hype -" IMO Schweitzer is no match at all to start over Feeney.". I was saying we get a stud guard in free agency, after reading that, I see I need to move off of Dallas, dolphins fans think that of him, Chance Warmack then, I know he's balling, but RIGHT NOW Feeney isn't starting over Schweitzer or Warmack, that's basically what I'm saying. To me the tape don't lie, the experts do, lol...

I'm not a professional coach or nothing but just from watching YouTube/draftbreakdown(like most of us on here do) I didn't like what I saw from Caspers. And that was before the guy tweeted that about him. I wanna say it was Ben Fennell. He has the All 22 tape and breaks down players. He's a good follow on Twitter if you're not already following him.

But everybody has their opinion and players they like. Taking a RG over a PR IMO depends on how your team drafts. Need/BPA. Also can you get the same type player later or do you feel like you have to take"your guy" right now. Also does that player fit. So just like this past draft we needed a LB'er and SS. We could've taken Lee in the 1st but they felt like Neal would not be there later. So we took Neal and got pretty much the same type guy in Jones next.

My point is that these PR are pretty much equal after Garrett and Allen. Why not get the best RG first who fits exactly what we do ZBS. Then 2nd rd get your PR. It's not a drop off from the other PR. And let's just be real, Schweitzer couldn't beat out Chester or he would be starting now. Like I said I believe he will take over for Levitre.

I'm not a professional coach or nothing but just from watching YouTube/draftbreakdown(like most of us on here do) I didn't like what I saw from Caspers. And that was before the guy tweeted that about him. I wanna say it was Ben Fennell. He has the All 22 tape and breaks down players. He's a good follow on Twitter if you're not already following him.

But everybody has their opinion and players they like. Taking a RG over a PR IMO depends on how your team drafts. Need/BPA. Also can you get the same type player later or do you feel like you have to take"your guy" right now. Also does that player fit. So just like this past draft we needed a LB'er and SS. We could've taken Lee in the 1st but they felt like Neal would not be there later. So we took Neal and got pretty much the same type guy in Jones next.

My point is that these PR are pretty much equal after Garrett and Allen. Why not get the best RG first who fits exactly what we do ZBS. Then 2nd rd get your PR. It's not a drop off from the other PR. And let's just be real, Schweitzer couldn't beat out Chester or he would be starting now. Like I said I believe he will take over for Levitre.

You have a good point, very good point. Specifically what my issue is is this "And let's just be real, Schweitzer couldn't beat out Chester or he would be starting now. Like I said I believe he will take over for Levitre." Between the both of us I am the one being real. Couldn't beat Chester out, lol it's week 1. We are both saying he will take over for Levitre. I'm saying if Feeney does come here he will have too earn a spot, so far a full year ahead of him our current 5th round guard is already doing that. Don't full yourself in thinking he would start ahead of a FA like Warmack. Put it this way, Hoop hasn't started yet over Tamme, doesn't mean he won't ever start. If we pick up OJ Howard that doesn't mean Hoop doesn't stand a chance of starting over him. That type of thinking is what I refer to as hype or overhype. Right now between the 2 Schweitzer has a better chance of getting that role. Why do you think they kept 4 TEs this year? You don't see it or realize it but what you are doing is overhyping Feeney.

Edited by datchrisb1

Put it this way. What if the coaching staff thinks they already have a future starting guard in Schweitzer, do you still make that pick if we sign Chance Warmack?

Coaches don't waste reps especially in game reps. Reps on tape is even more important than past seasons with the new CBA. Coaches don't have as many opportunities to evaluate players.

On 9/14/2016 at 7:20 PM, datchrisb1 said:

Put it this way. What if the coaching staff thinks they already have a future starting guard in Schweitzer, do you still make that pick if we sign Chance Warmack?

Coaches don't waste reps especially in game reps. Reps on tape is even more important than past seasons with the new CBA. Coaches don't have as many opportunities to evaluate players

4 hours ago, atlGM said:

Not sure who the prospects are yet but we need a young pass rusher in the first

If you are not getting Garrett you might as well wait til the 2nd for a PR. Sheard is still young. 26-27 and has done it before. I'll take him and a DE 2nd Rd. We will have 0 at RG and it's a drop off after Feeney for our ZBS. Those PR are about equal after Garrett and Allen. We can wait for that.

3 hours ago, ike barn87987 said:

Watching Indiana guard Dan Feeney this morning. Top-ranked player at the position. Excellent poise in pass protection.

Per Matt Miller 

Would this be wrong in your opinion?

1. Myles Garrett

2. Cam Robinson

3. Jonathan Allen

4. Malik McDowell

5. Lowell Lotulelei

6. Charles Harris

7. Tim Williams

8. Charles Walker

9. Roderick Johnson 

10. Adam Bisnowaty