Biermann? Tampa Bay? I Guess It Was Inevitable.

JOEinPHX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/14/buccaneers-bring-kroy-biermann-in-for-a-tryout/

Buccaneers bring Kroy Biermann in for a tryout

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on September 14, 2016, 12:23 AM EDT
ATLANTA, GA - NOVEMBER 29:  Rhett Ellison #85 of the Minnesota Vikings is tackled by Robert Alford #23 and Kroy Biermann #71 of the Atlanta Falcons during the first half at the Georgia Dome on November 29, 2015 in Atlanta, Georgia.  (Photo by Scott Cunningham/Getty Images)Getty Images

With defensive end Jacquies Smith being lost for the season due to a torn ACL, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers brought in a familiar face for defensive coordinator Mike Smith for a tryout.

Per Adam Caplan of ESPN.com, the Buccaneers worked out former Atlanta Falcons and Buffalo Bills defensive end Kroy Biermann on Tuesday.

Smith served as Biermann’s head coach in Atlanta for seven of his eight seasons spent with the franchise. Biermann started 114 of a possible 128 games with Atlanta over the last eight years. He missed 14 games in 2013 after suffering a torn Achilles.

Biermann compiled 23.5 sacks and 331 tackles with the Falcons. He spent the offseason with the Buffalo Bills but was released during final cuts.

1 hour ago, FalconinPA said:

The Bucs are becoming the Atlanta Falcons Part deux. Don't understand why anyone would want to make a part deux  or sequel of this horror flick. It was suck if the Bucs and falcons castoffs, have a better record than us. Roddy White and Lamar Holmes are on the clock. :D

One thing about it, the bucs actually have alot of talent at **** near every position. None of these guys would be starting so it doesn't hurt them much

5 hours ago, FalconinPA said:

The Bucs are becoming the Atlanta Falcons Part deux. Don't understand why anyone would want to make a part deux  or sequel of this horror flick. It would suck if the Bucs and falcons castoffs, have a better record than us. Roddy White and Lamar Holmes are on the clock. :D

yeah, we didn t make it to the nfcc or anything while smith was here. :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, FalconinPA said:

The Bucs are becoming the Atlanta Falcons Part deux. Don't understand why anyone would want to make a part deux  or sequel of this horror flick. It would suck if the Bucs and falcons castoffs, have a better record than us. Roddy White and Lamar Holmes are on the clock. :D

The Bucs are on the rise, not the Falcons part deux.  They already have a better record than us and we were out coached by two men who should still be here in Atlanta. 

If anyone thinks this team is going places with Quinn will be very heart broken by mid-season...possibly even this Sunday evening.  Take off the blinders or rose colored glass and see the real picture.   

2 minutes ago, nomak said:

The Bucs are on the rise, not the Falcons part deux.  They already have a better record than us and we were out coached by two men who should still be here in Atlanta. 

If anyone thinks this team is going places with Quinn will be very heart broken by mid-season...possibly even this Sunday evening.  Take off the blinders or rose colored glass and see the real picture.   

Calm down man, I was just joking. I have never had rose colored glasses, but I do remember you at one time sporting them. Quinn hasn't been here long enough for me to form a solid opinion of him, but I can tell you I don't like what I am seeing at all. I am not expecting much from this team, if anything history has taught me that. I am just hoping that they will surprise us at some point. I agree we were out coached, but when aren't we. It was just a little worse being out coached by Smith and Mularkey. 

1 hour ago, FalconinPA said:

Calm down man, I was just joking. I have never had rose colored glasses, but I do remember you at one time sporting them. Quinn hasn't been here long enough for me to form a solid opinion of him, but I can tell you I don't like what I am seeing at all. I am not expecting much from this team, if anything history has taught me that. I am just hoping that they will surprise us at some point. I agree we were out coached, but when aren't we. It was just a little worse being out coached by Smith and Mularkey. 

You are correct...I put on those glass in 1978...it was hard taking them off.  I apologize. 

5 hours ago, nomak said:

You are correct...I put on those glass in 1978...it was hard taking them off.  I apologize. 

I think I did most of my suffering back in the early eighties. As a kid I used to go to the games with my dad and brother and took the losses hard.(the old fulton county stadium) As I got older, the losses and the way this organization was run didn't bother me as much, guess I became immune too it. Now, I still cheer for them, get the Sunday ticket every year, watch every game but I don't ever expect to much. Hoping we will just pull off one of those '98 seasons with a different outcome. 

11 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

I think I did most of my suffering back in the early eighties. As a kid I used to go to the games with my dad and brother and took the losses hard.(the old fulton county stadium) As I got older, the losses and the way this organization was run didn't bother me as much, guess I became immune too it. Now, I still cheer for them, get the Sunday ticket every year, watch every game but I don't ever expect to much. Hoping we will just pull off on of those '98 seasons with a different outcome. 

This is eerily similar to my own tale of woe.  Swamp Fox,  The Strike, etc.  The Dan Henning Embarassment,     Please tell me you were at the game in Atl-Fulco when the 0-13 Colts came to town and beat us.  I don't want to be the only one.

11 minutes ago, octoslash said:

This is eerily similar to my own tale of woe.  Swamp Fox,  The Strike, etc.  The Dan Henning Embarassment,     Please tell me you were at the game in Atl-Fulco when the 0-13 Colts came to town and beat us.  I don't want to be the only one.

Believe it or not I was there.(small world) It was 85, or 86. They actually won every game after that if I remember correctly. My dad had hyped me up believing that we were gonna win because they were without a win all season.(LOL) It seemed that I went to every 49'ers game back then. I am glad that they didn't have the domestic violence policies back then or Montana, Rice and company would have sure been put in jail.