Matt Ryan has third-longest streak of 200 yard games since 1960

gazoo

Matt Ryan has third-longest streak of 200 yard games since 1960

Longest Active Streak in NFL 

Another exceptional statistic of several.  Visit http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2016/9/13/12910032/matt-ryan-record-streak-200-yard-games for more from Falcoholic

.@AtlantaFalcons QB Matt Ryan is over 200 pass yards for 40th straight game - longest active streak in league, 3rd-longest since 1960
12:19 PM - 11 Sep 2016
256 RETWEETS227 LIKES

Not possible. Before I joined this forum I would have believed that bit I've learned some things in the last few months.

His arm is dead.

He throws behind receivers.

He's got funny looking teeth. (Ok, I already knew that)

He's never thrown 5 TDs in a game.

He's not even married to a super model.

Basically, he's the worst football player ever. 

There's no way he's ever done anything positive. 

8 hours ago, WalkingTheDawg said:

Not possible. Before I joined this forum I would have believed that bit I've learned some things in the last few months.

His arm is dead.     seems that way most times

He throws behind receivers.   quite a bit actually

He's got funny looking teeth. (Ok, I already knew that)  who cares

He's never thrown 5 TDs in a game.  just a nonsense post someone made

He's not even married to a super model.   Maybe in his eyes she is (all that matters)

Basically, he's the worst football player ever.  never heard this and I've heard and saw a lot on here

There's no way he's ever done anything positive.  have heard this quite a bit

Congrats on your streak of 200 yard passing games Ryan.(great work) Keep it going against the Raiders.

23 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

WTF is 200 yards a game?  Is that elite level for guys like Joey Harrington?  Give me a TD record, than that will be something. 

How about being a consistent professional. He's not out beating ppl in clubs or getting suspended. He comes to work every single day, works hard and tries his best. That's what's most important in professional sports. If you don't do that your off the board. Talent comes after. Not to mention a million other factor that come when determining a good performance or not. 

Can't we just all be proud of our QB for doing something no other pro has done. not Brady, not Manning, not Cam, not Brees. And that feels nice.

3 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

WTF is 200 yards a game?  Is that elite level for guys like Joey Harrington?  Give me a TD record, than that will be something. 

Matt Ryan is in 6th place ALL TIME in career average for passing yards per game...

ahead of:
Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Dan Marino
Philip Rivers
Ben Roethlisberger
Brett Favre
Eli Manning
Dan Fouts
Jim Kelly
Warren Moon
Joe Montana
Phil Simms
Carson Palmer
Tony Romo
John Elway
Troy Aikman
Steve Young
Daunte Culpepper
Fran Tarkenton
Johnny Unitas
Joe Namath
Steve Bartkowski
Michael Vick
& d@mn near every single QB to ever play the game.

There are literally only FIVE players in the entire history of the game who have done better.

Oh... and there are only EIGHT players with a better career completion percentage than Matt Ryan in the entire history of the game.

And... he's tied with a few others for the 6th lowest career INT% all time... meaning he's been better about not turning the ball over than Brees, both Mannings, Favre, Rivers, Gannon, Culpepper, Montana, Elway, Fouts, S. Young, Roethlisberger, Romo, AIkman, Marino, Palmer, Vick, Bartkowski, Cunningham, J. Kelly, etc., etc., etc. just like the yards per game thing... only 5 players have been better... EVER.

14 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Don't really care for all the passing yards if there are no TDs to show for it. Ryan throwing for 300 yards really isn't all that impressive anymore unless it's against a solid pass defense like the Broncos or Seahawks.

He's 38th all time in passing TDs right now & averages 25.2 TDs per season.

The active QBs ahead of him have all got at least 4 more years in the league than he does.

He'll never be up there with P. Manning & Farve, but at his current pace, he will almost certainly finish in the top 10 all time.

If he only plays until he's 36, and has a major drop-off & averages just 20 TDs per season in that span, he's still gonna be top 12-15.

If this is so easy as some suggest, I wonder why Brees, Manning, Rodgers and Tom Brady have been unable to do this?

hmmmmm

Longest active streak in the NFL and only 2 other QBs since 1960 have done it......this means it must be attacked and discredited by some here who call the,selves objective.

5 hours ago, gazoo said:

If this is so easy as some suggest, I wonder why Brees, Manning, Rodgers and Tom Brady have been unable to do this?

hmmmmm

Longest active streak in the NFL and only 2 other QBs since 1960 have done it......this means it must be attacked and discredited by some here who call the,selves objective.

Maybe they just aren't as good as Ryan, plain and simple. Is this what you were looking for?