Jump to content

I feel sorry for Matt Ryan


abstract
 Share

Recommended Posts

This guy was the most nfl ready qb drafted in the last 10 years not named andrew luck.  His talent has been completely wasted by this organization.  4 years of his career were a complete joke because our defensive talent was bottom 5 in the league and because we decided to start two past prime running backs in Michael Turner and Stepehen Jackson.  I remember in 2013 and 2014 seeing the guy get absolutely blown up every week by opposing defenses because our offensive line couldn't hold position for even 3 seconds.  I feel like the fans have been praying for more no huddle offense since 2011 and we STILL haven't played to Matt Ryan's strengths.  

 

Previously productive QB's don't just implode at 30 in today's NFl.  This is unprecedented.  Carson Palmer, Kurt Warner, Peyton Manning, and plenty more have had their most productive seasons in the NFL post 30 because of the way the game has changed.  Further more, I can't think of a single good-great QB in today's league that has had to adapt to such a drastically different scheme this late in his career.  

For all of the Ryan head hunters out there,keep chanting. It'll be just as bad as watching Brett Farves career if/when Matt Ryan gets traded to an almost complete team and leads them to success.

Edited by abstract
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While i agree with some of this, i totally disagree with the Turner remark. I think Tuner help mold Matt Ryan into what we grew to love, Turner was very successful and helped Matt a lot. The issue wasn't so much Turner as it was FO/GM/Coaches ignoring the offensive line for so long and it caught up with them... Why S.Jackson never had success here, Oline could not pass block or run block. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Falcanuck said:

I almost hope he gets traded and wins 3 straight SBs. That's what this fanbase deserves tbh

I def. feel what you are saying but man would that suck.  Still can't beleive some were on here giving him **** after the game, he had a very solid outing.  No run game and no defense lost us the TB game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, abstract said:

This guy was the most nfl ready qb drafted in the last 10 years not named andrew luck.  His talent has been completely wasted by this organization.  4 years of his career were a complete joke because our defensive talent was bottom 5 in the league and because we decided to start two past prime running backs in Michael Turner and Stepehen Jackson.  I remember in 2013 and 2014 seeing the guy get absolutely blown up every week by opposing defenses because our offensive line couldn't hold position for even 3 seconds.  I feel like the fans have been praying for more no huddle offense since 2011 and we STILL haven't played to Matt Ryan's strengths.  

 

Previously productive QB's don't just implode at 30 in today's NFl.  This is unprecedented.  Carson Palmer, Kurt Warner, Peyton Manning, and plenty more have had their most productive seasons in the NFL post 30 because of the way the game has changed.  Further more, I can't think of a single good-great QB in today's league that has had to adapt to such a drastically different scheme this late in his career.  

For all of the Ryan head hunters out there,keep chanting. It'll be just as bad as watching Brett Farves career if/when Matt Ryan gets traded to an almost complete team and leads them to success.

Yep I just get sad when I think of how badly we have managed the team around Matt Ryan.  For DECADES after Bartkowski played here, I hoped for a franchise QB to build a team around.  When we saw him in his rookie year, and the awesome potential he had, I was sure we were headed to the promised land.  No way I envisioned an organization so inept they could not field even a mediocre O-line or defense in that entire time span.  

Leave it to the Falcons.

At least we will have a stadium to gloat about.  If you are the kind of fan who is into stadiums.  I was just fine with the Atlanta Fulton County Stadium.  The seats were mostly empty, but the only people in them were truly die-hard Falcons Fans.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Falconjerome said:

While i agree with some of this, i totally disagree with the Turner remark. I think Tuner help mold Matt Ryan into what we grew to love, Turner was very successful and helped Matt a lot. The issue wasn't so much Turner as it was FO/GM/Coaches ignoring the offensive line for so long and it caught up with them... Why S.Jackson never had success here, Oline could not pass block or run block. 

By the tail end of 2012 Turner was useless.  For some reason our organization was one of the last to figure out that 30 year old running backs aren't productive anymore and that a 2 back platoon is the way to go.  Go figure.

Edited by abstract
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can't really get behind this idea. At one point his offense consisted of Julio Jones, Roddy White, Tony Gonzalez, and Michael Turner. That was about as good as you can get.

We tried to load up on offense and we got close, but what we probably should have done was 'attempt' to build a Denver, Seahawks, or Pittsburgh defense that doesn't require much from the QB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode said:

Can't really get behind this idea. At one point his offense consisted of Julio Jones, Roddy White, Tony Gonzalez, and Michael Turner. That was about as good as you can get.

We tried to load up on offense and we got close, but what we probably should have done was 'attempt' to build a Denver, Seahawks, or Pittsburgh defense that doesn't require much from the QB.

Our HC wanted to, but Blank and TD gave the picks for a WR who is one step above being stronger than glass. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep it is no coincidence he REALLY started looking horrible once KS got here. Even in 2013 and 2014 with horrible brittle/injured OL's and no running game he still at least looked competent and put up good numbers.

WHY are people defending KS who has NEVER had consistent success in the NFL VS a QB who from 2008-2012 was easily a top 5 QB and even from 2013-2014 when our entire team was pretty much on IR still pulled out great QB stats?

Edited by MAD597
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, abstract said:

By the tail end of 2012 Turner was useless.  For some reason our organization was one of the last to figure out that 30 year old running backs aren't productive anymore and that a 2 back platoon is the way to go.  Go figure.

His decline started in 2011

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode said:

Can't really get behind this idea. At one point his offense consisted of Julio Jones, Roddy White, Tony Gonzalez, and Michael Turner. That was about as good as you can get.

We tried to load up on offense and we got close, but what we probably should have done was 'attempt' to build a Denver, Seahawks, or Pittsburgh defense that doesn't require much from the QB.

Problem was we had a crappy OL during that time and a pretty bad defense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, nomak said:

Our HC wanted to, but Blank and TD gave the picks for a WR who is one step above being stronger than glass. 

I love Julio, but after Green Bay came in here and drug our azz the thinking should have been how do we prevent a shoot out, not how can we compete in one. So I guess I agree with you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Matt Ryan is a good qb. I've always liked him and all the problems that we have have more to do with everything else than it does with him. I give him a pass and I'll continue to do so. The guy has more comeback wins than any qb, he's clutch. I know it's one game and I don't know who's fault it is, whether it be Blank, TD, McKay or what, but after that loss I have zero faith in this organization. Everyone from the top down is doing it wrong and we're going backwards. It's frustrating and everyone calling for Matt Ryan's head will look like San Diego's fan base when they got rid of Brees if Ryan leaves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Theyhateme : ) said:

Matt Ryan is to the Falcons what Al Horford was to the Hawks...really good, but not good enough.

He isn't going to win a SB himself but how many QB's can? All we really need is average parts around him.

Average running Game

Average OL

Average Defense

Average Coaches

We've never even had all of that at any one time. Mainly it's been horrible OL and horrible Defense Average Running game, Average coaches

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I kind of look at them now and wonder if the success from '08-'12 are behind us. And if they are, are we just trying to patch and band-aid back to that, or do we need an overhaul. I've stated several times my problem is all Quinn had to do was fix the defense. Offense was basically in place, minus fixing the o-line. He nukes the offense to bring in Shanahan. I don't blame all of our problems on him. I hope he turns it around and our offense clicks and we take it to the league. As long as he's coaching for the Falcons, I'll wish him success. As long as Ryan is under center I'll wish him success.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, abstract said:

This guy was the most nfl ready qb drafted in the last 10 years not named andrew luck.  His talent has been completely wasted by this organization.  4 years of his career were a complete joke because our defensive talent was bottom 5 in the league and because we decided to start two past prime running backs in Michael Turner and Stepehen Jackson.  I remember in 2013 and 2014 seeing the guy get absolutely blown up every week by opposing defenses because our offensive line couldn't hold position for even 3 seconds.  I feel like the fans have been praying for more no huddle offense since 2011 and we STILL haven't played to Matt Ryan's strengths.  

 

Previously productive QB's don't just implode at 30 in today's NFl.  This is unprecedented.  Carson Palmer, Kurt Warner, Peyton Manning, and plenty more have had their most productive seasons in the NFL post 30 because of the way the game has changed.  Further more, I can't think of a single good-great QB in today's league that has had to adapt to such a drastically different scheme this late in his career.  

For all of the Ryan head hunters out there,keep chanting. It'll be just as bad as watching Brett Farves career if/when Matt Ryan gets traded to an almost complete team and leads them to success.

I was with you until the last paragraph 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...