THIS IS A FRIGHTENING STAT

kelvin31063

Out of 9 years of full time quarterback play and being thrown into the starting role from the very beginning, as well has having Roddy White in his prime, Tony Gonzalez, Julio Jones, Michael Turner, and a serviceable Harry Douglas... Ryan only throw for 4 TDs four times spanning from 2011, 2012, and 2014. HE HAS NEVER THROWN FOR 5 TDs or more. Is that not telling???

I know I know... it could be worse... but why isn't it BETTER? Considering the contract he has and the weapons we consistently give him? Matt Ryan can honestly say he has never not had weapons on this offense his entire tenure here.

This tells me that we need a havoc of a defense to stand a chance at championship because Ryan doesn't do shootouts and one thing that he's lost which was his most important asset is ability to win close games.

Ryan won't be the quarterback to allow us to blow teams out on many occasions and he panics in the Red Zone like regular scheduled programming. We won't win a championship with Ryan but we will win games... how many I don't know.

Edited by kelvin31063

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You see Turner I see a more effective play action pass freeing up receivers. I see 9 WHOLE YEARS and not once has he thrown a 5 TD game when you have quarterbacks that's thrown 5 TD passes multiple times through a season as well as numerous times throughout their career and even 7 TD passes how can you ignore that? We basically have a slightly better Alex Smith but we think he's Drew Brees and we are giving him Brees type money.

8 minutes ago, high impact said:

Please stop you do remember Smity ball was to play not to lose. Smith was not trying to run up the score on any team. It was get up early then try and eat clock. 

I recall clearly. However, it seems as though that still is present within the team so it makes you wonder... was it really ever Smitty? The main two constants for this team in the past half decade is Ryan and Julio... who do you think is the problem?

31 minutes ago, high impact said:

Please stop you do remember Smity ball was to play not to lose. Smith was not trying to run up the score on any team. It was get up early then try and eat clock. 

OMG this.  We were Corvette's in the first half and Gremlins in the second.

in all seriousness, it could have happened if he didn't go from a run first conservative coach to a ***** HC who calls for a kneeldown, down 4 with 2 timeouts left. Quinn even has the nerve to defend not running more no huddle, even tho its the only time the ball actually moved with 0 run game. But its Ryan's fault :rolleyes:

I said this today. There is an invisible forcefield that keeps us from going into the end zone. It hit Jacob Tame Yesterday. Matt could throw a 99 yard bomb, and the receiver would trip and fall down an inch before the goal line. I can't count how many times Matt would have a receiver just barely not get in, and Michael Turner would have get the TD. 

Add in our refusal to throw a fade, and it's not surprising. 

1 hour ago, kelvin31063 said:

Out of 9 years of full time quarterback play and being thrown into the starting role from the very beginning, as well has having Roddy White in his prime, Tony Gonzalez, Julio Jones, Michael Turner, and a serviceable Harry Douglas... Ryan only throw for 4 TDs four times spanning from 2011, 2012, and 2014. HE HAS NEVER THROWN FOR 5 TDs or more. Is that not telling???

I know I know... it could be worse... but why isn't it BETTER? Considering the contract he has and the weapons we consistently give him? Matt Ryan can honestly say he has never not had weapons on this offense his entire tenure here.

This tells me that we need a havoc of a defense to stand a chance at championship because Ryan doesn't do shootouts and one thing that he's lost which was his most important asset is ability to win close games.

Ryan won't be the quarterback to allow us to blow teams out on many occasions and he panics in the Red Zone like regular scheduled programming. We won't win a championship with Ryan but we will win games... how many I don't know.

xT5LMW3KdyonqQlhzG.gif

1 hour ago, kelvin31063 said:

Two words:  Mike Smith

Pair Ryan with Sean Peyton and he has Brees like numbers.