Ricardo Allen isn't it...

Gimme.

I apologize but Allen's talent in this scheme is very questionable. The bulking up is only helping him in terms of run support otherwise he looks like nickel/ss with explosion yet limited range. I honestly believe he's due to regress this year because rather than adjusting to the position he's trying to be a "safe team player" and adjust to the scheme. The way Winston was dropping passes over the top of his lil swoll self was ridiculous. This guy is a stopgap not a starter as you will eventually see as the season progresses. He isn't scaring a soul out there and he's not a ballhawk just good at underneath and single high positioning. The speed regress ain't gonna cut it tho. We will continue to have the toupee top on defense until maybe DQ finally admits that these position changes are as bogus as an IT guy suddenly becoming the number one human resources guy outta nowhere. Cute and slightly creative but ultimately DUMB.

I still believe that we were after Karl Joseph as our priority signing and Neal was plan B. I think the run stopping SS is a lot easier to find (arguably we have a solid option already) and the ball hawking FS is critical. This guy has to have super range and be a sure tackler as the SS is no longer assisting in a lot of deeper catch routes. More than anything he needs speed (both play recognition speed and actual wheels and arguable a converted slowish corner in Ricardo is limited in both). 

3 minutes ago, primetime said:

I still believe that we were after Karl Joseph as our priority signing and Neal was plan B. I think the run stopping SS is a lot easier to find (arguably we have a solid option already) and the ball hawking FS is critical. This guy has to have super range and be a sure tackler as the SS is no longer assisting in a lot of deeper catch routes. More than anything he needs speed (both play recognition speed and actual wheels and arguable a converted slowish corner in Ricardo is limited in both). 

Personally, I would have loved Joseph and agree FS is more important than SS, but recall Quinn recruited and coached Neal at UF. He's liked him for a long time. 

1 minute ago, Summerhill said:

Personally, I would have loved Joseph and agree FS is more important than SS, but recall Quinn recruited and coached Neal at UF. He's liked him for a long time. 

The FS is so much more critical in the cover 3. Cover 3 is easier on the SS and CBs but much harder on the FS and coverage LBs. Arguably with our lbs and FS the cover 3 is a horrible fit personnel wise for us right now. Also as Quinn doesn't like to blitz he expects pressure to come from the front 4 **decides this point doesn't require any further discussion**

42 minutes ago, YoungHeezy said:

The deep TD to Mike Evans was the only long TD on Allen. The one to ASJ was on Therezie. 

Absolutely. Don't know what OP is really getting at but I don't think I faulted Allen for anything yesterday. Plus we blitzed more than usual yesterday so Allen was man with a TE a lot yesterday. 

• 4 weeks later...