Let's Play " What If "...................

Bring It

I don't think that would have yielded the same results. Remember we drafted Brett Favre, so let's play "What if the Falcons had not traded Brett Favre to the Packers?" Does he have the same HOF career if he had stayed with us? Probably not. As a matter of fact, he may have even gone to jail for drunken disorderly conduct at The Varsity. An interesting thought though.

46 minutes ago, Bring It said:

WHAT IF  Arthur Blank would have offered this guy a HC contract in 2008, with a % of team ownership, etc.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/julian-edelman-shares-story-of-bill-belichicks-unmatched-work-ethic-091216

What if ?

He would have probably lost a few draft picks for tampering since Bellichick was under contract with New England.

57 minutes ago, TheeTKOBeatz said:

How bout what if Dan Quinn wouldve done the smart thing and retained the top 5 offensive coordinator in Koetter instead of Shanny...? Defense is much improved from 2 years ago as well and Dirk is 3-0 against us btw.

For the life of me I can't understand why he let Koetter walk. Maybe they didn't think he would make a good HC (most of TATF didn't think so either) and didn't like his offense? What more could Koetter have done here?

38 minutes ago, birdz4i said:

what if this team had a fan base worth a ****?

C'Mon Man! We've been here for 51 years waiting patiently for our team to "Rise Up"! Waiting on them to get on our level! If the Falcons had even ONE Lombardi Trophy in all that time, dare I say you'd see a fan base that rivals any in the NFL! The problem is the team! They always seem to find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. And right when it seems like things are about to turn in our favor, a massive injury to the marquee player sets us back to square one, which is usually followed by a complete gutting of the team, and another system reboot! I wish people would stop blaming the fans for this team's woes! If they want us to RISE UP and blindly spend our money, then the solution is simple - BRING US A CHAMPIONSHIP! They do that, and I guarantee you, you'll see millions of people from all over Georgia lined up on Peachtree for that parade! My father died waiting! And I'm still waiting too - been waiting since 1968!

1 hour ago, wizeone said:

I don't think that would have yielded the same results. Remember we drafted Brett Favre, so let's play "What if the Falcons had not traded Brett Favre to the Packers?" Does he have the same HOF career if he had stayed with us? Probably not. As a matter of fact, he may have even gone to jail for drunken disorderly conduct at The Varsity. An interesting thought though.

Agreed, I wanted us to pick Patrick Willis when we picked JA98. I was really mad when we didn't pick him and even madder when he started balling in San Francisco. But over the years I often wondered if Patrick would have flourished on our team. Probably would have been on the pine for 2 years and then released. 

With regard to Bill Belichick, he is without a doubt the most impressive coach I have ever witnessed.

I don't give a chit how you feel about the NE Patriots personally.  

Over and over and over again, he defies the odds.  He takes players of all types and turns them into contributors and winners.  He's proven to be the best at his craft many times over. 

When you look at how he handles adversity and players injuries and various setbacks... he finds ways to out coach, out study, out perform nearly everyone.  

Much respect.  He's legendary.  He's a fkg winner...  I pray we get there.  We need something we can believe in here badly!

49 minutes ago, wizeone said:

C'Mon Man! We've been here for 51 years waiting patiently for our team to "Rise Up"! Waiting on them to get on our level! If the Falcons had even ONE Lombardi Trophy in all that time, dare I say you'd see a fan base that rivals any in the NFL! The problem is the team! They always seem to find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. And right when it seems like things are about to turn in our favor, a massive injury to the marquee player sets us back to square one, which is usually followed by a complete gutting of the team, and another system reboot! I wish people would stop blaming the fans for this team's woes! If they want us to RISE UP and blindly spend our money, then the solution is simple - BRING US A CHAMPIONSHIP! They do that, and I guarantee you, you'll see millions of people from all over Georgia lined up on Peachtree for that parade! My father died waiting! And I'm still waiting too - been waiting since 1968!

THIS!!! My Dad has watched them from the beginning.  He's 67 now.  I saw him last week & brought him some Georgia Tech & Falcons T-shirts my wife had picked up for him.  He saw the Falcons t-shirts and said "How are our Falcons gonna be this year?"   I didn't have an answer for him.

Sure, let's play.

If our defense would have made a stop after the punt instead of Dallas advancing 70 yards to score on Pearson's 23-yard touchdown catch with 47 seconds left, we likely would have played Oakland in a Super Bowl. I don't know if we win it, but we would absolutely have beaten Philadelphia in the NFCC.

Oh, how about....

What if the Falcons would have been founded a decade earlier? We could have hired Vince Lombardi as our first coach.