3 years in, what are your opinions of Jake Matthews

bdog 29

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's solid, but not exactly dominating. Equal to Baker when Baker was healthy, which was NEVER after the first few years. 10 times better than Baker once the back trouble started.

I imagine Matthews will be more consistent long term. He seems like a Mike Kenn type to me. Consistent, relatively solid, long term.

I REALLY wanted Aaron Donald. But I understand why we did what we did. I don't think Ryan could've taken another year of that pounding. 

1 minute ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

I'm not going to disagree there. Honestly, I'm over all the shifting on the d line. We need to get the best 4 out there and let them play instead of trying to be so situational. 

Our whole defense is situational because other than Jarret and Cambell everyone is either average or playing out of position. 

2 minutes ago, atlGM said:

Our whole defense is situational because other than Jarret and Cambell everyone is either average or playing out of position. 

I just feel like opposing offenses have an advantage when they see certain personnel groupings on the field because they know what we're trying to do just by surveying the d line.