Out Of All the Bad Stuff, The Run-Game is My Biggest Concern

Radiohead

Yeah, red-zone woes continue.

Shocker.

Not a single sack and let multiple off huge down-the-field TD passes.

As a Falcon's fan, I'm just absolutely stunned.

Missing tackles? Who, the Falcons? Couldn't be them.

Stupid, costly penalties from undisciplined and poorly coached young players.

Hmmm, are you sure this was the Falcons?

OK, but seriously, yes there were a plethora of negatives from yesterday, but believe it or not, the pathetic run game (that we also saw in Week 3 of the Preseason against Miami) was by far the most disconcerting thing I saw all day. All of those other problems I mentioned earlier have plagued this franchise for over half of a decade now, so it really shouldn't come as a surprise.

But, what did change last year, at least for the first 1/2 of the season, was the resurgence of an effective run game. If this part of the Offense falters, this season is going to be much worse than even what I thought, and I am NEVER optimistic about the Falcons, despite being a lifetime fan. I'm a realist that cannot live without those bounds.

I know we needed a new Center, but we spent a bloody fortune on Alex Mack and from what I've seen outside of no fumbled snaps, the line is no better than it was a season ago, only it seems worse in the running-game.

If they continue to blow up the run-game efficiency, this season could be dreadfully long folks.

Edited by Radiohead

Even the best running teams only run well 8-10 games per season. You can't make running the ball a prerequisite for winning. You have to have something to fall back on for the games the run isn't working, and Tampa has had a good run defense for a while now. The top teams win by passing the ball and playing good defense.