Realistic Expectations for Our Record

Striker42

Considering how this team looked yesterday and looking ahead to the schedule the rest of the way, there isn't a single game on the schedule I'd pencil in as a win. While I'm not saying I think we'll go 0-16, we do have a brutal schedule the rest of the way.

Of our remaining 15 games, I think we have to expect losses in 7 (Panthers (2), Broncos, Seahawks, Packers, Cardinals, Chiefs)

In three more, we're probably looking at an uphill battle (Raiders, at Bucs, and Rams)

That leaves 5 games where I see us being in an even fight or having the advantage (Saints (2), Chargers, Eagles, 49ers)

I could see us pulling off an upset or two but I can also see us losing at least two against the group of Saints, Chargers, Eagles, and 49ers.

I can realistically see us ending this season 5-11. It could be as bad as 3-13 but I'd be hard pressed to see a scenario where we're better than 7-9. 

Anyone more optimistic than I am? More pessimistic? 

Also, if this team goes 5-11, does Quinn survive? What if they go 3-13?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Depends on how competitive they are.  If they just plain stink and go 5-11 Quinn's gone.  If they get lots of bad breaks and come close to winning a lot of times, that's the type of scenario where Blank would probably hold off until next year.  

Oh my god we're already talking about next year:(

That's what happens when you make the same mistakes as last year.

Saw it in the 3rd press season game and all day yesterday...

I just don't think this team will be competitive. The Falcons were lucky the Bucks did not put up 14 more points. If Winston would not have over thrown the two passes early in the game they Falcons would have been blown out by half time. 

Brees will have a field day against the Falcons unless they can find some way to get pressure on the QB. Heck most of the QB's the Falcons will face this year will chew the Falcons up and spit them out. 

I sure hope I am wrong here.

Edited by high impact

1 minute ago, octoslash said:

Depends on how competitive they are.  If they just plain stink and go 5-11 Quinn's gone.  If they get lots of bad breaks and come close to winning a lot of times, that's the type of scenario where Blank would probably hold off until next year.  

Because you guys are complaining about 1 game. We are 0-1 who else falls there? 

Oh Carolina(yeah that same team that was just in the SuperBowl). 

Saints, Jags, Bills(Sexy Rexy same guy everyone really wanted), Arizona, Dolphins, Colts, Chargers, Browns, etc you get the point. 

All that to say this is a long season so strap up, and enjoy the ride panic when we are 2-5 at least then I'd understand. 

1 minute ago, Zone#7 said:

Saints, Jags, Bills(Sexy Rexy same guy everyone really wanted), Arizona, Dolphins, Colts, Chargers, Browns, etc you get the point. 

All that to say this is a long season so strap up, and enjoy the ride panic when we are 2-5 at least then I'd understand. 

The way the D looked yesterday 2-5 might not be attainable.

1 minute ago, Zone#7 said:

I am not in panic mode. I just know what I have seen the past 4 years has not shown any indication this team is on the rise.

Give me something to hang on to here so I can get on board with the way you are thinking.

12 minutes ago, octoslash said:

This is where I'm at. A lot depends on how this team looks. If this team goes 5-11, doesn't really show many flashes of brilliance, Shanahan continues to fail, Beasley struggles to get to the QB, and Neal doesn't look like a first rounder, I think Quinn could very well be gone. 

If the team goes 3-13 or 2-14, then there might be no saving Quinn.  

7 minutes ago, high impact said:

I just don't think this team will be competitive. The Falcons were lucky the Bucks did not put up 14 more points. If Winston would not have over thrown the two passes early in the game they Falcons would have been blown out by half time. 

Brees will have a field day against the Falcons unless they can find some way to get pressure on the QB. Heck most of the QB's the Falcons will face this year will chew the Falcons up and spit them out. 

I sure hope I am wrong here.

Ugh, I can't believe(actually I can) after the first game of the season, we are already saying, "unless they can find some way to get pressure on the QB". 

It's a broken record with this franchise. 

26 minutes ago, FalconofShadows said:

They will go anywhere between 2-14 and 4-12 and if they do I don't think Quinn should be coach next year

Yep if we go 4-12 like I think then Quinn and EVERY coach needs to be fired along with TD as well. We need to start from scratch. I'd also give Ryan a pretty short leash with another coaching staff. If he struggles then draft his replacement now while JJ is still in his prime.

I said it half way last year and continue to say so. Those 5 wins at the beginning were a mirage. The fact the Falcons went 8-8 on an extremely weak schedule shows it was an illusion as far as the team being on the rise. it is not just a matter of stats but the context in which the stats are in. I had the team at 6-10 after the draft with the thought of being the same or slightly improved with taking into account the competition.

It is not about failing to want the team to do well. It is about being honest with yourself and seeing how the team actually is.

Guest since'66
3 minutes ago, Intellectually Honest said:

I said it half way last year and continue to say so. Those 5 wins at the beginning were a mirage. The fact the Falcons went 8-8 on an extremely weak schedule shows it was an illusion as far as the team being on the rise. it is not just a matter of stats but the context in which the stats are in. I had the team at 6-10 after the draft with the thought of being the same or slightly improved with taking into account the competition.

It is not about failing to want the team to do well. It is about being honest with yourself and seeing how the team actually is.

A lot of us understood and recognized the mirage you mention about the 5 wins at the beginning of last year.  We were accused of wanting "pretty wins" when we expressed our concerns. During the pre-season games this year we expressed our concerns. We were told "it's only pre-season". Now with the first game behind us, we are told "don't panic!".  Believe me, I am far from panicking. I am quite used to seeing this product on the field and expect it. It's a very predictable organization year after year if you have watched them long enough. Has nothing to do with optimism or pessimism. It's just reality and being honest with yourself as you said.  At best, I am going with a 4-12 season.

20 minutes ago, Intellectually Honest said:

I am sorry, but being intellectually honest has no place if you are a Falcons fan.