Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Snowen

Officiating crew really screwed us...

56 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, PK Manley said:

If you paid attention to this board and elsewhere the other night, you'd have seen that there were a lot of people that felt that Cam didn't get the calls that he should have.  I guess the NFL was just paving the way for Jameis to take over, right?

If you actually watched the game, Cam got plenty of calls. The very last drive is the only thing people watched, cause they just echo whatever sportscentre says at the end. Even then, they didnt do concussion protocol for Cam to leave him in there because they knew he would win the game. If the NFL wasn't biased, they would of taken Cam out and let the Panthers lose. 

But go ahead and believe the officiating is legit, even after plenty of former NFL refs/players/coaches confirmed theres sketchy instances in the past

19 minutes ago, Snowen said:

If you actually watched the game, Cam got plenty of calls. The very last drive is the only thing people watched, cause they just echo whatever sportscentre says at the end. Even then, they didnt do concussion protocol for Cam to leave him in there because they knew he would win the game. If the NFL wasn't biased, they would of taken Cam out and let the Panthers lose. 

But go ahead and believe the officiating is legit, even after plenty of former NFL refs/players/coaches confirmed theres sketchy instances in the past

Ha..the last drive was when they actually did call the helmet-to-helmet.  Pretty much the opposite of what you said.  It was the non-calls prior to that. It's just funny to see this narrative after the complaints about Cam getting his brain busted with no calls.

Falconsfan567 likes this

4 hours ago, Knight of God said:

You should NEVER have to blame the officials. Even when I played, I knew it was just a part of the game. I don't believe in "they were trying to give it to them". Always been debunked.

I would usually agree. But that pass interference call against my Canes in the 2002 National championship game against Ohio State still stings to this day. I may need therapy lol

Maybe our players are just that undisciplined. Really though nothing irks me more than hearing about players being lined up in the neutral zone. HOW CANYOU NOT KNOW WHERE THE FOOTBALL IS?  That penalty on Clayborn was a huge momentum swing, and if you ask my opinion, the turning point in the game. Deion Jones had a great open field tackle on third down and to that point, Tampa had really done nothing all day. After that they reeled off 21 straight points and took command of the game. 

4 hours ago, PK Manley said:

Our new stadium is probably going to cost about $2 billion by the time it is said and done.  If the NFL is rigged, I'd like to ask Roger where our return on that is.

and soon as it's finished the nfl is gonna be like welp we'very decided to move yall to the UK:lol:

I was at the game. On the call on Chester the guy who tackled tamme was open handed punching tamme in the face while he was down, but the refs focused on Chester. I just knew in my mind in was unsportsmanlike penalty and the people next to me saw it as well.  Doesn't matter. They never call holding on our DL for a decade or more and don't plan on it. 

You saw saw how they called holding on Levitre twice in a row last year to try to keep the losing team in the game last year. Can we get these calls?

7 hours ago, Kud_Falcon said:

Just stop. This team is bad, the coaching is bad. Stop blaming everything on the planet. Falcons are a 4 win team at best.

I hope you are right. And then we can completely clean house, starting with the guy we should have fired instead of Mike Smith! 

Pretty sure us sucking this year won't help their PSL sales either.

We were on rivalscentral laughing at the panthers and saints fans for saying the nfl is rigged.  I was hoping I wouldn't see it here.  These never pop up unless the team loses. If we win by a point,  I guess we just overlook the shenanigans cause we're the chosen team?  

And who exactly us implicated? I guess it makes sense that Matty ice mr. 4th quarter comeback machine can't hit wide open receivers anymore.  Hmmm..

The only penalty that galled me was the one on Chester.  Lavonte David was throwing elbows to the head of our RB, and Chester pushes him off and gets a penalty?

Come on, man.

Things that affected this game- Beasleys awesome spin move, Clayborn lining up in the neutral zone on 3rd and 2 after he had a chance to reset and back up, the putrid tackling attempts and misses on Sims right before half that swung the momentum towards Tampa going to the second half, one to many shovel passes, inept running game and line push at point of attack, two great throws and catches by Winston and his receivers, good d line and linebacker play by them, the staffs inability to adapt to in game situations  which leads to Quinn saying we will watch film, stick to our identity and process and so on. Did the refs miss a call? Yes they did on both sides. This doesn't cover up the teams failures that ultimately lost this game.

8 hours ago, Knight of God said:

You should NEVER have to blame the officials. Even when I played, I knew it was just a part of the game. I don't believe in "they were trying to give it to them". Always been debunked.

Very true, Good teams find a way to win regardless, Bad teams find a way to make excuses and point the finger elsewhere. What got me was most of the 1st QTR and mid way into the 2nd QTR the Falcons were going after Winston with a pass rush, then all the sudden it's like they just stopped and laid back on their heels trying to play a chess game. I think they should have kept trying to pressure Winston, or maybe they were but had nothing left in the tank to do anything. Doesn't get any easier against the Raiders next week, but I guess it's better to have problems early in the season so you can get them addressed than it is to go 5-0 and think there's nothing wrong only to end up losing 6 in a row. 

31 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

The only penalty that galled me was the one on Chester.  Lavonte David was throwing elbows to the head of our RB, and Chester pushes him off and gets a penalty?

Come on, man.

It was Tamme I believe. The LBer was jacking him up right there, 3-4 punches to the helmet, but the penalty was called on us. 

JDaveG likes this

8 hours ago, osiruz said:

Our DL did get held, which was bull****e however that didn't effect the game as much as the bad play of our lbers.

If anyone had a bad game, I'd want it to be our LBs... since for several of them, it was their first game.

But to the OP's point, there were a couple of questionable penalties that could have changed the entire course of the game. I mean, those happen every game, so I can't put the blame on the refs, but it was a close enough game where they mattered.

JDaveG likes this

14 hours ago, Snowen said:

Ok guys, have fun bitching about how bad MR is everyday, and thinking that is actually true (rofl imagine how many teams would rather have MR over their QB... but I guess Case Keenum is a future probowler right?)

Why do most of you even post here? You are clearly not falcons fans. All you do is keep asking for everyone to be fired, and how bad the team is. If I was on the Falcons team, I'd say **** you and tell you all to go cheer for the Aints if you hate the falcons so much.

Why do you even watch the games if you think the NFL is rigged? Seems like that would be counterproductive to what the NFL is and that's entertainment.

10 hours ago, dirtybird2k5 said:

Maybe our players are just that undisciplined. Really though nothing irks me more than hearing about players being lined up in the neutral zone. HOW CANYOU NOT KNOW WHERE THE FOOTBALL IS?  That penalty on Clayborn was a huge momentum swing, and if you ask my opinion, the turning point in the game. Deion Jones had a great open field tackle on third down and to that point, Tampa had really done nothing all day. After that they reeled off 21 straight points and took command of the game. 

That reminds me of an Auburn game from a few years ago. One of our corners lined up and was 2 yards offsides. It was absolutely hilarious! He was behind the offensive line. I was just like WTF dude? :lol:

dirtybird2k5 likes this

5 hours ago, rugger8 said:

If anyone had a bad game, I'd want it to be our LBs... since for several of them, it was their first game.

But to the OP's point, there were a couple of questionable penalties that could have changed the entire course of the game. I mean, those happen every game, so I can't put the blame on the refs, but it was a close enough game where they mattered.

The two calls that changed the game (led to 10 Buccaneer points) were legit calls against the Falcons. PI against Campbell and offsides against Clayborn. The refs did not lose the game for the Falcons. The Falcons lost the game for the Falcons.

10 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

I would usually agree. But that pass interference call against my Canes in the 2002 National championship game against Ohio State still stings to this day. I may need therapy lol

A great day in history!

175px-2013_Ohio_State_Buckeyes_logo.svg.

6 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

It was Tamme I believe. The LBer was jacking him up right there, 3-4 punches to the helmet, but the penalty was called on us. 

Yeah that was some straight up BS. 

16 hours ago, Snowen said:

I know we had some stupid penalties, and we didnt play good at all, but know what pisses me off the most? The refs.. It was such BS. Especially that 2nd Clayborn penalty that he wasnt even offsides, but the refs called it. How about all the holding on our DL vs Winston, or how about the push off from Evans. It's just the same **** every year vs the Falcons when it comes to facing the bucs or aints. Proving as usual, the NFL is rigged towards wanting certain teams to win, and certain teams to lose. See how many NFL network analysts keep saying this is the Bucs year to finally get over the top? Its no coincidence that NFL wants Winston to be the next Cam, and they just want to Falcons to be sold to the UK.

Your quote is all entirely true!  I'm surprised "they" didn't remove your post!

A lot of tv viewers do not know the scripting that goes on in "reality" tv shows!

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Why do you even watch the games if you think the NFL is rigged? Seems like that would be counterproductive to what the NFL is and that's entertainment.

Yeah, because professional wrestling isn't a multi-billion dollar entertainment industry or anything....

/s