The argument for Kyle Shanahan

tl;dr

I'm just curious here. Everyone saying don't say anything bad about Matt is saying how good the offense done today. Now here they are saying how bad Shanny done? 

So I'm confused. Did Shanny just sit on his thumb and Matt become the OC like others were suggesting earlier in the week? 

We're there bad play calls, yes. Did the offense play well enough and enough good plays to win the game, yes. How does Matt get praise and Kyle get bashed, I'm confused?

1 minute ago, mikeg272 said:

I'm just curious here. Everyone saying don't say anything bad about Matt is saying how good the offense done today. Now here they are saying how bad Shanny done? 

So I'm confused. Did Shanny just sit on his thumb and Matt become the OC like others were suggesting earlier in the week? 

We're there bad play calls, yes. Did the offense play well enough and enough good plays to win the game, yes. How does Matt get praise and Kyle get bashed, I'm confused?

Playcalling for the most part was bad, Matt got a chunk of his yards on three plays (1 to Sanu and 2 to Coleman, those were good calls). Ryan looks best under a no huddle but we hardly see it under Kyle. Ryan has instant pressure in his face on bootlegs and rollouts resulting in inaccurate throws but we continue to run those plays.

the positive thing is that I can remember many of the same kinds of negative things people are saying being said about the two previous OCs one of whom just beat us as a head coach.    The wisest thing MIKE SMITH said when he was the new Falcons coach was "Re-building year?  Every year is a rebuilding year for every team."  The two Tampa coaches who had been ATL coaches simply learned a lot from all their failures in Atlanta.   Was that not the difference in the game?

1 hour ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

F*(k Kyle Shanahan. Get him off this team. Not the biggest Ryan fan, but he's a good qb and Shanahan doesn't know how to utilize him or our big time receivers. Let Matt call the play. Stop having him bootleg. Let him make pre-snap reads AND audibles. 

And you can take any Shanahan supporters, including TD, with you.

Best quote this week.

Shanny is a great oc and a terrible one all at the same time.  That thread on his process and preparations the other day may really shed light on his issue. He's a little too dependant on his situational playcalling. He's probably always calling the appropriate plays but not putting enough consideration in how the defense has been defending the offense.  

An example would be the outside run by freeman in the redzone. They swarmed him just about every attempt... why go back to what's not working?  Don't sacrifice the game for the sake of balance.  

On the other hand,  everyone **** all over him last year against the niners when he abandoned the run cause they couldn't get anywhere...so I guess the Lil fellar just can't win.  

I'm not going to blame him much for this game because Ryan completey blew it today.  He had some nice stats....but my god,  my god.  He bunny hops into a sack,  Throws 5 yards short of a first down to a covered receiver,  missed wide open receivers on throws that should be automatic. Ryan plays at the Level of best backup qb in the league.  We gotta get out from under this dude. 

This was supposed to be a short reply,  sorry