Positives

KRUNKuno

I will be pointing out the positive aspects of each game that we can lean our heads on in my quest to become a more "positive speaking" fan.  As we know, 'tough' is too light of a word to describe how it is to be a Falcons fan.  Positivity, however, conquers all and there were some bright spots from the game.

1.  Matt looks comfortable.  This is CLEARLY not the offense for him.  It asks him to do things he shouldnt be doing (rollouts, read option-like fakes, still no audibling).  But he has taken on this gimmick of a coordinator and playbook that allegedly brings a great run game (where was that today?), and has made himself more comfortable in the chaos.

2.  Trufant made a meaningful play.  It wasnt a deflection, but an interception that gave us momentum.  When plays come to his side he needs to continue to make MEANINGFUL plays.

3.  Rookies had their moments.  They're rookies and they will get better.  The potential is there and Im glad they are taking their lumps now.  

4.  Tevin Coleman as a weapon.  He needs to continue to be used as such.  

Things Im leery of...

1.  Redzone playcalling is still horizontal.  Offensive playcalling in general is suspect.  No continuity for Freeman.  Like 4 shovel passes?  Nothing truly vertical was called.

2.  The head coach.  Never really cared for him, and he continues to show he lacks control of the team in key areas.

3.  Pass rush is still laughable.  Vic Beasley who?

4.  Robert Alford

5.  Sanu....a mixed bag

6.  Julio...always injured.  Offense stalls when he's out

The Good: 

*Tru actually caught one.

*Rook LBs can cover and are quick as heck. 

*Claybourn looks so excited to get his 1st sack of the year that he's forgetting the rules. 

*Poole looks good for a UDFA

The Bad: 

*Ryan's discomfort had me wishing they'd put Shaub in. (and I'm not that guy)

*Faced with the choice of watching the game and removing the hair from my nethers, with fire. I choose to watch the game. watching the game was equally as painful as the other option but, lasted for 4 hours. 

3 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

The Good: 

*Tru actually caught one.

*Rook LBs can cover and are quick as heck. 

*Claybourn looks so excited to get his 1st sack of the year that he's forgetting the rules. 

*Poole looks good for a UDFA

The Bad: 

*Ryan's discomfort had me wishing they'd put Shaub in. (and I'm not that guy)

*Faced with the choice of watching the game and removing the hair from my nethers, with fire. I choose to watch the game. watching the game was equally as painful as the other option but, lasted for 4 hours. 

The only bad you could find was the QB that had 300+ yards, 2 TDs and a total of 24 pts????????

k

7 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I seen Ryan call multiple audibles. Perhaps you're blind. Maybe if the defense didn't commit numerous stupid penalties on 3rd down the game would have been different.

I never saw an audible.  And if he did, then he must've audibled into some ugly plays.

I saw hurry up offense at the end of the game

1 minute ago, TSprings said:

More positive than negatives overall IMO. You remove their TE catching a pass they have been waiting years for him to catch, the Mike Evans bomb, and that stupid Clayborne penalty then I think we win pretty easy.

Lol soooo let's just remove the whole game?