We Have Talent, But Coaching is Horrendous

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, we are poorly coached on both sides of the ball. I think we might be even better coached on Offense and that is saying something. Shanahan got too cute with Devonta freeman and refuses to use the guy because he's too good. He got him involved way too late in the run game. He turned matt ryan into FG general.

Defense is just so f-cking sad. I've grown to hate despise this team because of this defense. Hageman is actually our best DT verses the run and hes at home twiddling his thumbs. We missed way too many tackles in run support. That Tackle Devondra campbell and Babineaux missed on Sims is simply unacceptable. They need an *** chewing for that abhorrent miss. Jones got stiffed armed to hail on another eye gouging miss. Our pass rushers simply aren't getting there. And those penalties from Clayborn, Matthews, Chester, Alford et al are moronic at best. Someone needs to slap some sense into these guys with a brick.

Agreed, we are poorly coached on both sides of the ball. I think we might be even better coached on Offense and that is saying something. Shanahan got too cute with Devonta freeman and refuses to use the guy because he's too good. He got him involved way too late in the run game. He turned matt ryan into FG general.

Defense is just so f-cking sad. I've grown to hate despise this team because of this defense. Hageman is actually our best DT verses the run and hes at home twiddling his thumbs. We missed way too many tackles in run support. That Tackle Devondra campbell and Babineaux missed on Sims is simply unacceptable. They need an *** chewing for that abhorrent miss. Jones got stiffed armed to hail on another eye gouging miss. Our pass rushers simply aren't getting there. And those penalties from Clayborn, Matthews, Chester, Alford et al are moronic at best. Someone needs to slap some sense into these guys with a brick.

The decision to go with Weems as a PR is also a very safe one.

Dude has 0 chance to take it to the house, but he won't fumble. Problem with that is when you have such a hard time getting the ball in the endzone, you need to maximize talent at every position.

Weems isn't the answer and it is painfully obvious.

44 minutes ago, AndrewsFrancisBart said:

Undisciplined penalties, offensive play-calling that is totally blind to situation and  momentum - even if we win this game, it's hard to get excited.  In a league so evenly matched, coaching makes the difference, and we have all the hallmarks of a group lacking just that.

Very well said. I felt toward the end of the 2nd QTR when the Falcons had the lead they went into that soft zone defense and stopped going after Winston and more or less lost the game right then and there. They had him rattled and let him go. JMO.. 

3 minutes ago, GeorgiaFalconFan said:

Very well said. I felt toward the end of the 2nd QTR when the Falcons had the lead they went into that soft zone defense and stopped going after Winston and more or less lost the game right then and there. They had him rattled and let him go. JMO.. 

Yeah look like we had him hurt in the first halfs frm the pressures and hits 

Pass-rush is not learned...It's a talent.. It's an aptitude..a "knack"..

Winston could make a dinner back there....He had 8 second drops..

Sadly, I don't see the pass rush improving this season.

When The Falcons did not sign OLB-DE Mario Williams...I knew... When they signed Freeney, I knew they regretted not signing Williams.

I believe they pull-it-out with Spoon and Worrilow, but they had to take a loss for the young LBs to learn... They could not cover.. 

Edited by Rise