Jason Snelling, Disheartening News

JOEinPHX

The Buccaneers worked out former Falcons backs Antone Smith and Jacquizz Rodgers earlier this week.  That gave a former Falcons coach now with the Bucs a chance to chew the fat and get caught up on things, including some very sad news regarding Jason Snelling.

His life is very difficult right now.  Details are sketchy, but he's become deeply involved with drugs and with some bad actors.  His wife has left him and taken the children.

It's almost impossible to believe this of Jason because he was always a down-to-earth guy and a family man first.  The last time I saw him was at the MoG - he was taking his kids to a Sponge Bob movie.

There's been some speculation about CTE, but it's impossible to know at this point.

I'm not one to say prayers, but if I was, I'd say one for this man's soul.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is sad to hear. He played very well for us. But I believe football kept him on a righteous path, and his personal demons caught up to him. He left the game way too early.

All of the obstacles we all encounter can make you a stronger mind and person...I wish him well.

1 minute ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Sorry to hear. He was a great force with the Falcons. I liked his style.

I admit I have held hands with the Devil, but was aware enough at the time to shun him. I am now recovering.

Man, God bless you and I'm keeping you in my prayers. This is year 9 in October from a severe drinking problem. It takes time but you can do it. Every day is an adventure.

5 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Sorry to hear. He was a great force with the Falcons. I liked his style.

I admit I have held hands with the devil, but was aware enough at the time to shun him. I am now recovering.

Hang in there and never go back.......... It's ruined a lot of good people............

Just now, Knight of God said:

Man, God bless you and I'm keeping you in my prayers. This is year 9 in October from a severe drinking problem. It takes time but you can do it. Every day is an adventure.

YESSIR!......Good work......."It ain't easy." Congrats!.......................and thank you. I gotta remember "One Day At A Time".

24 minutes ago, Bawse said:

Can't see how it's impossible to believe since he'd been arrested before on marijuana charges. Hopefully he's just blowin on that loud, though

Was he arrested for possessing/smoking it? Or doing bad things while under the influence of it?

If it's the former than it's bullsh!t to say that implies it's natural for him to fall into hard drugs, and our country is slowly discovering that. If it's the latter than John Abraham is the same with his alcoholism.

32 minutes ago, JOEinPHX said:

The Buccaneers worked out former Falcons backs Antone Smith and Jacquizz Rodgers earlier this week.  That gave a former Falcons coach now with the Bucs a chance to chew the fat and get caught up on things, including some very sad news regarding Jason Snelling.

His life is very difficult right now.  Details are sketchy, but he's become deeply involved with drugs and with some bad actors.  His wife has left him and taken the children.

It's almost impossible to believe this of Jason because he was always a down-to-earth guy and a family man first.  The last time I saw him was at the MoG - he was taking his kids to a Sponge Bob movie.

There's been some speculation about CTE, but it's impossible to know at this point.

I'm not one to say prayers, but if I was, I'd say one for this man's soul.

I'll say prayers for you OP, and pray that he recovers from all that hurts and haunts him.