Josh Norman: Desmond Trufant a top CB; better than Patrick Peterson

FentayeJones

He's better at certain things than Peterson. Overall, I don't know. I think his coverage is more consistent. Peterson is more of a ball hawk. And a ridiculous athlete. I would have a hard time choosing between the two. Norman is hard to take serious because he says things just to get under other people's skin. 

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Athell I saw a certain poster put this up and was trying to have a look round the league and find 15 guys better than Trufant.

LOL but just ended up posting Puff Puff give hahahaha..

LOL, that's about the best response you can give.  No use arguing with crazy...

44 minutes ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

if you don't play CB in the NFL, your opinion about this equtes to earthworm shoulders.

Holding-his-Head.jpg

So this is what I saw typing into Google Image search.................yeah. 

He solely said this because he was directly asked about Trufant, plus he has beef with Peterson so of course he'd throw that slight in there.

Trufant is average until he starts making meaningful plays.  What he's doing now wont even get him into the Hall of Fame discussion, let alone all-pro discussion.  

Pro Bowl selections mean nothing these days.

20 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

He solely said this because he was directly asked about Trufant, plus he has beef with Peterson so of course he'd throw that slight in there.

Trufant is average until he starts making meaningful plays.  What he's doing now wont even get him into the Hall of Fame discussion, let alone all-pro discussion.  

giphy.gif

21 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

You know what you don't talk about when you're talking about an average player?

All Pro selections and most definitely the Hall of Fame. Kind of makes me think you know he's better than average. You know, kind of like everyone else.

2 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

Think u got it flipped....All-Pro selections would come before Hall of Fame. Just picking though lol

6 hours ago, Dem Birds said:

He's better at certain things than Peterson. Overall, I don't know. I think his coverage is more consistent. Peterson is more of a ball hawk. And a ridiculous athlete. I would have a hard time choosing between the two. Norman is hard to take serious because he says things just to get under other people's skin. 

I can agree with a lot of this.  Peterson is a heck of an athlete.  He has always looked like a safety to me.  He was one of those guys that as a Soph. at LSU, you knew the NFL was waiting on that guy.  I don't think he is consistent and as technical as Trufant.  While he is an elite athlete compared to Antrell Rolle, I thought he too would be moved to safety in 5 or 6 years.  He did himself some good by dropping all that weigh last off season.

14 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

Image result for welcome to fail

15 hours ago, Jpowers said:

You know what you don't talk about when you're talking about an average player?

All Pro selections and most definitely the Hall of Fame. Kind of makes me think you know he's better than average. You know, kind of like everyone else.

Umm considering most of you acknowledge Trufant as being this proverbial shutdown/lockdown corner I think it's fair to bring up his play with regards to garnering HOF, All-Pro and other meaningful accolades.  

He will be average until he finds out how to make meaningful plays.

8 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Umm considering most of you acknowledge Trufant as being this proverbial shutdown/lockdown corner I think it's fair to bring up his play with regards to garnering HOF, All-Pro and other meaningful accolades.  

He will be average until he finds out how to make meaningful plays.

He's not "average" and you know it man. Does he need to make more impactful plays.....most definitely. I want to see more ints because the opportunities have been there but labeling him as "average" is kind of silly.