No Calls and Illegal hits

Coeus

Forgive me, this isn't exactly TAFT, but moreso NFL in general. I also saw some people in the game thread talk about this same issue and was hoping for some discussion. Mods, if you could keep this up for a bit maybe to break the monotony a little bit until game day, that'd be cool. 

So I was over at the Panthers board looking for some full blown meltdown threads and tears when I came across a thread posting all Cam's hits in one gif. What does everyone think about the hits made yesterday on Cam? I mean, I hate Scam and the Panties as much as everyone here and loved seeing the Crying Jordan memes (good job guys, I died laughing) But from a human perspective, I thought a lot of the no calls were despicable. 

Anyways, I was more so interested in what TATF had to say about this. Do you agree with the officials? Yes? No? Should anything change? General thoughts and opinions? All discussion is welcome.

Thanks guys

http://i.imgur.com/Mn1z9Ld.mp4

Here's another one that NBC failed to even mention and just ignored completely:

https://vine.co/v/5Jzvjw1Peaz

Edited by Coeus
I don't know how to format links, could someone teach me to properly embed in the OP

- the first is in the pocket (but shouldn't be a penalty against Miller imo because its accidental even though I've seen less called in other games before)
- the second is out of the pocket but after the throw and should have been a clear RTP penalty against Marshall
- the third is the one that was called but offset by the intentional grounding penalty

Not to mention that the foul against Harris Jr. on the 4th and long was incredibly technically.

34 minutes ago, Nino11 said:

Sad reality is "mobile" QBs don't get those calls. Of course mobile is a codeword. Let me put it like this, if that was Brady or Brees guys might get ejected 

Exactly. Vick used to get lit up in the pocket, but because he's *cough "mobile" *cough he doesn't get those calls. There's been a history of only "mobile" QBs complaining about it. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/09/broncos-derek-wolfe-wants-trai-turner-fined-after-injuring-neck-against-panthers/

Their offensive linemen were targeting. No. 70 should be fined. Write that,” Wolfe said. “If they care about player safety they will watch what’s happening along the line. They were targeting (us). Just play hard.”

I wonder if this played into the Bronco's headhunt

By "code" I assume you mean QB's over 240 pounds?  Is there a hidden agenda here?  Are you a weightest?  Yes, lots of "big" QB's get hit without the benefit of penalties.  There is not doubt the NFL protects the lightweights like Brady and Breeze. I fear for Brock Osweiler this year, don't you? 

To bring the point to TATF, has Matt Ryan been blasted with no penalty?  Yup, a ton.

For some reason the Denver Defense is also protected, where as a team like Pittsburgh is considered "dirty".  I love great aggressive defense, but some referees love to throw flags and it is wrecking the game.  Way too many "roughing the passer" penalties are just a touch to the helmet.  I get the whole "protect the head" thing, but come on.  To your point, what is an illegal hit to the QB?  That is not quite in line with what fans are seeing.

The penalties never seem to be called equally.  Maybe it is a personal bias, maybe not.  I get as frustrated as anyone with missed calls, but sadly it is part of the game.

1 hour ago, ballfan said:

By "code" I assume you mean QB's over 240 pounds?  Is there a hidden agenda here?  Are you a weightest?  Yes, lots of "big" QB's get hit without the benefit of penalties.  There is not doubt the NFL protects the lightweights like Brady and Breeze. I fear for Brock Osweiler this year, don't you? 

To bring the point to TATF, has Matt Ryan been blasted with no penalty?  Yup, a ton.

For some reason the Denver Defense is also protected, where as a team like Pittsburgh is considered "dirty".  I love great aggressive defense, but some referees love to throw flags and it is wrecking the game.  Way too many "roughing the passer" penalties are just a touch to the helmet.  I get the whole "protect the head" thing, but come on.  To your point, what is an illegal hit to the QB?  That is not quite in line with what fans are seeing.

The penalties never seem to be called equally.  Maybe it is a personal bias, maybe not.  I get as frustrated as anyone with missed calls, but sadly it is part of the game.

Nah...Big Ben gets the same treatment and he weighs 300. Are very on Upshaw will tell you about it 

I have to say I walked away from that game with a newfound respect for Cam.  He showed the kind of toughness and resolve that very few people could ever understand.  

Now that we have that out of the way...it's because he is black.  Period.  I'm hesitant about using race as a reason for anything, but it was clear watching that game that any white backup QB would have got those calls in the same situation.

Edited by pr0d16y

on one hand i hate Cam and hope someone knocks his head off... on the other that hit by 54 was blatant penalty. he left his feet and intentionally went helmet to helmet. should have drawn a suspension....

i want Cam to loose his head diving for the goal line.... a good, clean, legal, decapitation. :)

He should have been pulled after the hit where he layed there afterward. 

I didn't get to watch the whole game so I didn't see the context of all the hits, but regardless of the legality, whenever fans are griping about non-calls after a loss, it's not a good look. 

There are plenty of subjective calls made or not made in every game, it happens to every team. Period. 

12 minutes ago, pr0d16y said:

I have to say I walked away from that game with a newfound respect for Cam.  He showed the kind of toughness and resolve that very few people could ever understand.  

Now that we have that out of the way...it's because he is black.  Period.  I'm reticent about using race as a reason for anything, but it was clear watching that game that any white backup QB would have got those calls in the same situation.

Kinda seems like society today black on black crime goes largely unnoticed, black on white crime is front page material. 

Just now, Butudontseeme™ said:

whenever fans are griping about non-calls after a loss, it's not a good look. 

This does not apply when it is the fans from an unrelated team, **** a competitor of his, that is bitching about the no calls.  You don't get to come in here and make the blanket corporate statement that has been used to hide this stuff for decades now.  You are an even bigger part of the problem than the white refs who refuse to throw the flag in favor of the black QB.

Just for scientific purposes, I am a Georgia born and raised white boy...