Jump to content

Falcons 2016 - Rise Up or Get Gone


vel
 Share

Recommended Posts

It's been a while since I've been on here. I've lurked a little bit and this place gets worse by the day it seems. A lot of fans are jaded and I don't get it. We have a new season. We're 0-0 right now! Quit whining and complaining! I'm ready to see these boys Rise Up and kick some arse. Yall either need to Rise Up too or Get Gone! 

The main problem I see around here is too many people still are stuck in the "10 yards away" mentality. That 2012 team is gone! LONG GONE! Move on! The sooner you realize that 2013 and 2014 weren't fluke seasons, you'll accept that 2015 was the start of a rebuild. Refresh if you can't stomach the word. 

It amazes me that people really want DQ gone after only 16 games. We lost how many games due to turnovers? Stupid turnovers? If you were the HC, how would you have stopped those? That INT from Matt in the Vikings game? Tevin's fumble in the same game? Julio getting stripped by Kwon in the Bucs game? Please, tell me. Those are just a couple of examples from games we could have won and been 9-7 or better. Yes, DQ made some rookie mistakes. But the PRIMARY reason we went on that skid is turnovers that no coach could have prevented. You're an idiot if you want DQ gone after just 16 games. You have no clue what kind of head coach he really is yet. Again, either Rise Up or Get Gone!

Kyle is not a bad OC. He's not the greatest and he's definitely got his warts. He can be smug and head strong. So was Mike Smith, Mike Mularkey, and Dirk Koetter. It amazes me how much yall miss Koetter when, while he was here, all yall complained about was how many screens he ran and he needed to do something new because "I can call them from the stands so I KNOW the defense can!" Let me ask you this: If Kyle was so arrogant, head strong, and entitled, why did he create an ENTIRELY NEW PLAYBOOK for Robert Griffin the Third? A rookie...? Please. Enlighten me why a man with such arrogance would do that for a rookie who has not taken a single snap in the NFL? Yea ok. If Kyle is such a terrible OC, how did he generate 5,100+ total yards with Brian Hoyer, Andrew Hawkins, Taylor Gabriel, and Johnny Football as his QBs and WRs? HeIl, Brian Hoyer didn't seem to have trouble learning this ridiculously hard offense in Cleveland. This offense was 7th in total yards last year. Seventh. With a washed up Roddy, trash Hankerson, rookie who didn't know the playbook Hardy, and most hated Tamme, behind Julio and with Freeman breaking out. One proven player in that bunch going into last year. Yet, somehow the 5th most turnovers is somehow on Kyle? Lol. I think part of the problem is Roddy was washed, Kyle knew that and adjusted accordingly and it hurt both Roddy's and the fan's feelings. Fans got defensive. "Roddy's not washed!" Lol this isn't 2012. Stop trying to relive that magic. That's part of the problem. Roddy still hasn't been signed? Why? Because the only corner Roddy got open against after week one was a Charles Tillman with a torn ACL. Go watch the games. Teams stopped guarding Roddy because he wasn't good anymore. It happens. He wasn't good in 2013 or 2014. He was just targeted heavily. This offense now has weapons outside of Julio. Sanu isn't a world beater. But you have to guard him. Hardy showed towards the end of the season that he can play in this league. And Aldrick Robinson and Taylor Gabriel both showed what they can do in this offense. The main problem is our QB has never had to learn a new offense after his rookie year. I think he bit off more than he could chew and we lost because he was lost. It didn't help your favorite WR refused to be a team player, instead taking shots at the OC every chance he could. Again, it's 2016. Rise Up with this version of the offense or get gone and go watch 2012 highlights somewhere else. 

The defense is on the Rise. We've got a good number of young pieces. They finished 16th last year. Up from 32nd. I think they have a similar year against tougher teams. Sidenote: if "strength of schedule (SOS)" scares you, GET THE F GONE! It's the NFL. Everybody is good and it's tough every week. Who cares! Jones and Campbell look good but will have rookie struggles. Get ready for them. Add in Neal, and we've got the recipe for a young, speedy roller coaster defense. BUT! This defense finally has the makings of a top notch group. Just find a stud pass rusher and we're cooking. This defense will be together a long time and Matt won't have any excuse for not being able to rely on them. 

It's 2016! Tighten your jockstraps ladies and gentlemen! This is football! Being a Falcons Fan ain't for the faint of heart! I'm ready to kickas and take names! If you aren't RISING UP.....GET GONE!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Just let it all out Vel. 

Man I've seen so much stupid crap go unanswered around here it's ridiculous! I had to come back man. Debated it for a while but I'm back. Wish my man FFS70 was still wrecking these boys lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

Very good stuff. This is a big season for Ryan and Kyle. Let's hope they shock the world and take that division 

I honestly think Ryan has a very good year. His INTs weren't abnormally higher than normal. He averaged 13 INTs before last year. They were just poorly timed and concentrated in the redzone/other side of the 50. 

The biggest problem was the lack of talent on offense. Julio and Freeman were the only weapons. Roddy wasn't, despite how fans feel. Hankerson wasn't. Hardy wasn't until late. Tamme was our second best aerial weapon. You think Matt was confident in his weapons looking at that? Lol

Now he's got Julio, Sanu, Hardy and blazers for a change in Robinson and Gabriel. When's Ryan had that kind of speed? Never. Now, play action just got more dangerous because you have proven deep threats getting down the field. 

Also, one thing I wouldn't put past Kyle is a week one offensive identity switch. Who introduced the read option as a staple offensive threat to the NFL? Kyle Shanahan. How? He hid it all preseason, unleashing it week one on the Saints. I would not be surprised if Matt ran a good bit of no huddle Sunday and we suddenly take a large number of deep shots against the Bucs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, vel said:

It's been a while since I've been on here. I've lurked a little bit and this place gets worse by the day it seems. A lot of fans are jaded and I don't get it. We have a new season. We're 0-0 right now! Quit whining and complaining! I'm ready to see these boys Rise Up and kick some arse. Yall either need to Rise Up too or Get Gone! 

The main problem I see around here is too many people still are stuck in the "10 yards away" mentality. That 2012 team is gone! LONG GONE! Move on! The sooner you realize that 2013 and 2014 weren't fluke seasons, you'll accept that 2015 was the start of a rebuild. Refresh if you can't stomach the word. 

It amazes me that people really want DQ gone after only 16 games. We lost how many games due to turnovers? Stupid turnovers? If you were the HC, how would you have stopped those? That INT from Matt in the Vikings game? Tevin's fumble in the same game? Julio getting stripped by Kwon in the Bucs game? Please, tell me. Those are just a couple of examples from games we could have won and been 9-7 or better. Yes, DQ made some rookie mistakes. But the PRIMARY reason we went on that skid is turnovers that no coach could have prevented. You're an idiot if you want DQ gone after just 16 games. You have no clue what kind of head coach he really is yet. Again, either Rise Up or Get Gone!

Kyle is not a bad OC. He's not the greatest and he's definitely got his warts. He can be smug and head strong. So was Mike Smith, Mike Mularkey, and Dirk Koetter. It amazes me how much yall miss Koetter when, while he was here, all yall complained about was how many screens he ran and he needed to do something new because "I can call them from the stands so I KNOW the defense can!" Let me ask you this: If Kyle was so arrogant, head strong, and entitled, why did he create an ENTIRELY NEW PLAYBOOK for Robert Griffin the Third? A rookie...? Please. Enlighten me why a man with such arrogance would do that for a rookie who has not taken a single snap in the NFL? Yea ok. If Kyle is such a terrible OC, how did he generate 5,100+ total yards with Brian Hoyer, Andrew Hawkins, Taylor Gabriel, and Johnny Football as his QBs and WRs? HeIl, Brian Hoyer didn't seem to have trouble learning this ridiculously hard offense in Cleveland. This offense was 7th in total yards last year. Seventh. With a washed up Roddy, trash Hankerson, rookie who didn't know the playbook Hardy, and most hated Tamme, behind Julio and with Freeman breaking out. One proven player in that bunch going into last year. Yet, somehow the 5th most turnovers is somehow on Kyle? Lol. I think part of the problem is Roddy was washed, Kyle knew that and adjusted accordingly and it hurt both Roddy's and the fan's feelings. Fans got defensive. "Roddy's not washed!" Lol this isn't 2012. Stop trying to relive that magic. That's part of the problem. Roddy still hasn't been signed? Why? Because the only corner Roddy got open against after week one was a Charles Tillman with a torn ACL. Go watch the games. Teams stopped guarding Roddy because he wasn't good anymore. It happens. He wasn't good in 2013 or 2014. He was just targeted heavily. This offense now has weapons outside of Julio. Sanu isn't a world beater. But you have to guard him. Hardy showed towards the end of the season that he can play in this league. And Aldrick Robinson and Taylor Gabriel both showed what they can do in this offense. The main problem is our QB has never had to learn a new offense after his rookie year. I think he bit off more than he could chew and we lost because he was lost. It didn't help your favorite WR refused to be a team player, instead taking shots at the OC every chance he could. Again, it's 2016. Rise Up with this version of the offense or get gone and go watch 2012 highlights somewhere else. 

The defense is on the Rise. We've got a good number of young pieces. They finished 16th last year. Up from 32nd. I think they have a similar year against tougher teams. Sidenote: if "strength of schedule (SOS)" scares you, GET THE F GONE! It's the NFL. Everybody is good and it's tough every week. Who cares! Jones and Campbell look good but will have rookie struggles. Get ready for them. Add in Neal, and we've got the recipe for a young, speedy roller coaster defense. BUT! This defense finally has the makings of a top notch group. Just find a stud pass rusher and we're cooking. This defense will be together a long time and Matt won't have any excuse for not being able to rely on them. 

It's 2016! Tighten your jockstraps ladies and gentlemen! This is football! Being a Falcons Fan ain't for the faint of heart! I'm ready to kickas and take names! If you aren't RISING UP.....GET GONE!!!

You are right. I'm one of those folks. I don't think Ryan has been the same since he was driven in the turf.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MountainFalcon said:

I totally agree with you. Just last night, I googled and rematched the moment that Ryan was driven into the turf, hurt his shoulder, and then watched the interference that was never called. I think I am one of the people you described.

Lol majority of fans just have not gotten or nor moved on from that season. In my opinion, that's the primary issue with this fan base now. 2013 happened and most chalked it up to injuries, which was a valid reason for that lost season. But in the backs of fans' minds, that meant we were still that 2012 and we just needed to get back healthy, which didn't fully happen in 2014 and we were without Tony. So there was never closure for that 2012 season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, vel said:

I honestly think Ryan has a very good year. His INTs weren't abnormally higher than normal. He averaged 13 INTs before last year. They were just poorly timed and concentrated in the redzone/other side of the 50. 

The biggest problem was the lack of talent on offense. Julio and Freeman were the only weapons. Roddy wasn't, despite how fans feel. Hankerson wasn't. Hardy wasn't until late. Tamme was our second best aerial weapon. You think Matt was confident in his weapons looking at that? Lol

Now he's got Julio, Sanu, Hardy and blazers for a change in Robinson and Gabriel. When's Ryan had that kind of speed? Never. Now, play action just got more dangerous because you have proven deep threats getting down the field. 

Also, one thing I wouldn't put past Kyle is a week one offensive identity switch. Who introduced the read option as a staple offensive threat to the NFL? Kyle Shanahan. How? He hid it all preseason, unleashing it week one on the Saints. I would not be surprised if Matt ran a good bit of no huddle Sunday and we suddenly take a large number of deep shots against the Bucs. 

I hope so man. I agree with you 100% that a lot of fans are extremely irrational. But Shanahan has a pretty bad reputation. He hasn't left many jobs on the best terms. That worries me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I hope so man. I agree with you 100% that a lot of fans are extremely irrational. But Shanahan has a pretty bad reputation. He hasn't left many jobs on the best terms. That worries me

Another statement thrown around that cracks me up. Washington? Who left that team on good terms? Especially when your QB had the owner's ear and trumped everything you did, only to turn around and get cast aside once the dust settled. That's the only place. Left the Texans on good terms. Left Cleveland on his own volition because of the stupid stuff they were doing. Let's not turn one instance into multiple. I think that's the problem with fans and Kyle. Not enough facts. Just a bunch of heresy. 

Don't think Schaub would have came if he didn't like Kyle. Neither would Mack. Or even Robinson, who was in Washington. Only players that "don't like him" are washed up guys he moved on from (e.g. Donovan McNabb, Rodddy White). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, vel said:

Another statement thrown around that cracks me up. Washington? Who left that team on good terms? Especially when your QB had the owner's ear and trumped everything you did, only to turn around and get cast aside once the dust settled. That's the only place. Left the Texans on good terms. Left Cleveland on his own volition because of the stupid stuff they were doing. Let's not turn one instance into multiple. I think that's the problem with fans and Kyle. Not enough facts. Just a bunch of heresy. 

Don't think Schaub would have came if he didn't like Kyle. Neither would Mack. Or even Robinson, who was in Washington. Only players that "don't like him" are washed up guys he moved on from (e.g. Donovan McNabb, Rodddy White). 

Now, its not a secret I am no fan of Ryan. Thing is, with Shanny I think he can do well. We went 8-8 with almost no pass defense. The hurries arealmost null going back and seeing QB's still getting completions over the middle. I think that dies this year and we have a winning season. Its just going to take us out of the Garrett lottery.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

Now, its not a secret I am no fan of Ryan. Thing is, with Shanny I think he can do well. We went 8-8 with almost no pass defense. The hurries arealmost null going back and seeing QB's still getting completions over the middle. I think that dies this year and we have a winning season. Its just going to take us out of the Garrett lottery.

Luckily there's quite a few options this year. I had both Charles Harris and that DT Walker from FSU in my new mock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Falconphagist said:

Imo, Dan Quinn can spot talent.. But I don't believe he has the skills to build a team. We have good players but I don't see them gelling together.. I believe Mike smith could build a team, but he couldn't find talent. How do we get the perfect balance in a coach I have no idea 

I disagree. Again, you're basing this on a 16 game sample. You have no real basis for this opinion other than "My feelings are hurt we went 8-8 after starting 5-0". Had we won one or two more games, you feel entirely different with the same group of players. 

Remember, Carolina and Rivera couldn't get it together....until that team gelled. DQ inherited a team that won 10 games in two seasons, yet somehow we already know he's not the man for the job after winning 8 games with mostly Mike Smith's roster? Lol ok

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...