Sanu to pay tribute to 9/11 Fallen

wartownfalcon

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This dude and Ricardo Allen with their wives have really embraced the city of Atlanta.

This just adds on to endearing himself. Very classy move.

Love Roddy, but it will be fun to watch a WR who doesn't go down as soon as he catches the ball to go alongside Julio.

11 minutes ago, stizz said:

What he's protesting against has nothing to do with the military and the values this country was built on.

Lol so the values of this country don't apply to "freedom and justice for all". Ain't that what the anthem says? The anthem doesn't belong to the military and isn't representative of the military. It's the "National" anthem. That means the whole country. People are more focused on what he's being "disrespectful" towards and not "why". Protest isn't supposed to be polite my friend. 

12 minutes ago, vel said:

Lol so the values of this country don't apply to "freedom and justice for all". Ain't that what the anthem says? The anthem doesn't belong to the military and isn't representative of the military. It's the "National" anthem. That means the whole country. People are more focused on what he's being "disrespectful" towards and not "why". Protest isn't supposed to be polite my friend. 

Welcome back!!!

Also totally agree.

4 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

And other players are going to take a knee during the national anthem on 9/11. I actually don't care about the knee thing, but not on 9/11.

They said they were going to honor military and the fallen. Again, the protest is not about disrespecting the military nor the 9/11 victims/survivors. Also, again, protests aren't meant to be polite or politically correct. It's supposed to ruffle feathers. 

58 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

And other players are going to take a knee during the national anthem on 9/11. I actually don't care about the knee thing, but not on 9/11.

Not gonna argue this here, Im just gonna excercise my right as a vet, and say i find it disrespectful, whether its 9/11 or not.

19 minutes ago, Slappywhite said:

Not gonna argue this here, Im just gonna excercise my right as a vet, and say i find it disrespectful, whether its 9/11 or not.

This

But hey, we fight/fought for their right to do it. Don't agree, but do appreciate amending sitting down to taking a knee after backlash from the military. 

And those are some clean a$$ cleats! 

Edited by Wjcorner

1 hour ago, vel said:

They said they were going to honor military and the fallen. Again, the protest is not about disrespecting the military nor the 9/11 victims/survivors. Also, again, protests aren't meant to be polite or politically correct. It's supposed to ruffle feathers. 

Time and a place. I know exactly what the protest is about, I don't need a lesson, but protesting the national anthem on the 15 year anniversary of the biggest national tragedy is in poor taste. Regardless of the reason. And I'm fully on board with this protest, any other day.