Falcons vs Panthers, period

sharky

16 minutes ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

What's it like to watch be a fan of a team where you're not worried that your defense is out there needing to put pressure on the opposing QB? 

Man it used to be nice when we got the ball back with over 40 seconds and knowing Ryan and the offense would get us down field in position to win. Now I'm expecting a game ending INT

13 hours ago, *NiteFalcon* said:

I don't think its possible to be confident in Shanahan or our pass rush

Confidence is nice but it isn't necessary.  I would prefer the team to be confident, but that isn't necessary either.  Could be we're going to kick their butts one way or another.

Just now, sonnyjim said:

Confidence is nice but it isn't necessary.  I would prefer the team to be confident, but that isn't necessary either.  Could be we're going to kick their butts one way or another.

Maybe you didn't mean this literally, but confidence is most definitely necessary. 

8 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Not for nothing but last night should probably reinforce the notion that expectations aren't worth a whole lot once the games start. 

I don't follow, Carolina's offense was still good, defense wasn't what I expected so I'll give you that. Denver was still what I expected.

14 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I don't follow, Carolina's offense was still good, defense wasn't what I expected so I'll give you that. Denver was still what I expected.

Meh. The OL struggled quite a bit, IMO. The offense in general didnt do a ton in the second half and was super-reliant on Cam picking up chunk plays on 3rd down. I thought there were times they looked very dangerous but on the whole there were a lot of issues to correct. 

Denver was much better on offense than I expected, a couple of plays aside. Which, like you said, sort of implicates Carolina's D, particularly in the run game. 

I didnt think either team played the type of poor football you usually see in the first 1/3 of the season. I thought the quality overall was pretty decent. But I also didnt find either team to be more than pretty good. IMO, they didnt play at a level that made me think that the Falcons have no shot against them. I certainly wouldnt be chalking up a win against Carolina but last night made me think we can hang/win. Now we need to see our side of the equation. 

19 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Meh. The OL struggled quite a bit, IMO. The offense in general didnt do a ton in the second half and was super-reliant on Cam picking up chunk plays on 3rd down. I thought there were times they looked very dangerous but on the whole there were a lot of issues to correct. 

Denver was much better on offense than I expected, a couple of plays aside. Which, like you said, sort of implicates Carolina's D, particularly in the run game. 

I didnt think either team played the type of poor football you usually see in the first 1/3 of the season. I thought the quality overall was pretty decent. But I also didnt find either team to be more than pretty good. IMO, they didnt play at a level that made me think that the Falcons have no shot against them. I certainly wouldnt be chalking up a win against Carolina but last night made me think we can hang/win. Now we need to see our side of the equation. 

I definitely came away thinking we can split with them.