MagnusXXIII

I like our starting OT's and OC better than our starting OGs, but our depth at OG is much better than our depth at OT and OC. 

I could see Person and Schweitzer starting by the end of the year. They have better upside than our starters, IMO, but might need a little more development time.

I will say I always thought Person was a decent guard, but man the "C" experiment last year was absolute total failure. Should have been scrapped quickly once it was shown he just couldn't grasp it. 

having said that, I do NOT think he's the best guard on the squad, better than so many of the scrubs we've had that have been shown the door, but no way 'the best'

Just now, rugger8 said:

I like our starting OT's and OC better than our starting OGs, but our depth at OG is much better than our depth at OT and OC. 

I could see Person and Schweitzer starting by the end of the year. They have better upside than our starters, IMO, but might need a little more development time.

Starting Chester and Levitre could be more of a continuity thing....Schraeder/Matthews.  Mack being the only new starter.

I hope we have a bright future with either Person or Schweitzer.

7 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Starting Chester and Levitre could be more of a continuity thing....Schraeder/Matthews.  Mack being the only new starter.

I hope we have a bright future with either Person or Schweitzer.

Part of it is that Levitre got a decent contract out of us and will be given a shot regardless.

You can tell the coaching staff must like Person to keep him on despite failing at center.

Just now, MagnusXXIII said:

Part of it is that Levitre got a decent contract out of us and will be given a shot regardless.

You can tell the coaching staff must like Person to keep him on despite failing at center.

Yep, and Chester has a lot of familiarity in KS offense.

I think it makes sense how the guard position and overall line is being handled by the staff.

2 hours ago, MagnusXXIII said:

My thoughts on person is this he is very avg, which does not mean bad. it means  he is consistent. the problem with andy is one series he looks quite good but the nthe next series he looks like an undrafted rookie who only has played football for a yr

Even i can't get behind this. Person out Of the cowboys game last year, i thought was one of the best centers in the league. After week 5 he turned into a complete joke.  Harvey dahl was an absolute monster in 08.  Type of guy who would risk himself for a block .  After that year, he got extremely soft. Maybe a change in offense with Tony g.  pass first run second .  

6 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

Even i can't get behind this. Person out Of the cowboys game last year, i thought was one of the best centers in the league. After week 5 he turned into a complete joke.  Harvey dahl was an absolute monster in 08.  Type of guy who would risk himself for a block .  After that year, he got extremely soft. Maybe a change in offense with Tony g.  pass first run second .  

Dahl was never asked to play center.

Ignore Mike Bell and watch Person play guard.

3 hours ago, Lornoth said:

Worse than Levitre, not any better than Chester. Wes amd Garland both may start before Person does.

Worse than Levitre? 

Levitre is undertoasted milk toast.

Person is that year-old fruit cake you got from your Aunt Betty.

Now tell me who or what would you rather have on your offensive line?

you heard me.