CB Marlon Humphrey

ike barn87987

A trio of redshirt sophomores turned in exciting 2016 debuts and showed undeniable NFL potential in the process.

Scouts have little more than one year of tape on Notre Dame quarterback DeShone Kizer, Alabama cornerback Marlon Humphrey and Michigan's jack-of-all-trades Jabrill Peppers, but their talent -- and potential impact on the 2017 NFL draft -- is obvious.

Much will change between now and next spring's draft. Based on the film review completed this summer, here is my ranking of the top 32 draft-eligible prospects in college football, The Big Board.

15. Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama, rSoph, 6-1, 198, 4.53 
One of the corners nipping at King's heels this year is Humphrey, who wowed last year in his debut season after redshirting in 2014. The son of former Alabama (and NFL) standout Bobby Humphrey, Marlon looks like a chip off the old block with his easy change of direction and acceleration. He's well-built for a young player at a solid 6-1, 198 pounds and is an aggressive tackler, including in run support. Humphrey's pick-six in the second quarter against USC turned the Tide, transforming a close game into what would become a blowout.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/25661263/nfl-draft-big-board-draft-eligible-sophomores-turn-heads-in-week-1

Marlon is a really outstanding corner. He, along with the help of that beastly Alabama defense, shut down one of the best WRs in the country.

I usually think Alabama CBs look better than they are because of how stout their front seven usually is. But Humphrey is different, and he is better than any recent Bama CBs that have come out. 

7 hours ago, A-TowN.- said:

Marlon is a really outstanding corner. He, along with the help of that beastly Alabama defense, shut down one of the best WRs in the country.

I usually think Alabama CBs look better than they are because of how stout their front seven usually is. But Humphrey is different, and he is better than any recent Bama CBs that have come out. 

He is the real deal. He's very physical and smooth in his technique . He's my #1 corner. My top 5 in this order are:

Humphrey 

King

Tabor

White

Awuzie 

Humphrey is a 1st rounder in my book.

Watch his speed in the tape below almost at the end when he and Jackson run down the guy.

— Which cornerback do we need to keep an eye on? One area scout said, "Don't sleep on [Marlon] Humphrey. He could be CB1 in a few weeks." The Alabama cornerback opened eyes against USC wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster (who has some Round 1 buzz). Humphrey has the size (6'1", 198 lbs) and technique to impress as a man-coverage cornerback.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2662022-matt-millers-week-1-nfl-scouting-notebook

• 2 weeks later...

Again, its' early but I wouldn't necessarily feel satisfied unless our first couple of picks are along the line of scrimmage. Just look at the past 2 games as your sample size. We have no business asking our corners to cover for 5 and 6 seconds every 3rd down. Our opposing QB's can nit a sweater back there if they wanted too. Humphreys' isn't going to help that.  I don't know how y'all are looking at the last 2 games, looking at our last couple seasons at least, and seriously want a corner back in the first round.

1. Myles Garrett

2. Jonathan Allen

3. Malik McDowell

4. Lowell Lotulelei

5. Charles Harris

6. Tim Williams

7. Isaac Rochell

8. Derek Barnett

9. D.J. Smoot

10. Taco Charlton

2 hours ago, datchrisb1 said:

Again, its' early but I wouldn't necessarily feel satisfied unless our first couple of picks are along the line of scrimmage. Just look at the past 2 games as your sample size. We have no business asking our corners to cover for 5 and 6 seconds every 3rd down. Our opposing QB's can nit a sweater back there if they wanted too. Humphreys' isn't going to help that.  I don't know how y'all are looking at the last 2 games, looking at our last couple seasons at least, and seriously want a corner back in the first round.

1. Myles Garrett

2. Jonathan Allen

3. Malik McDowell

4. Lowell Lotulelei

5. Charles Harris

6. Tim Williams

7. Isaac Rochell

8. Derek Barnett

9. D.J. Smoot

10. Taco Charlton

I want Feeney 1st Rd. Ijs Humphrey is 1st Rd talent in my book