Falcons working out Barrett Jones

gHost83

Just now, etherdome said:

Really?  Five days before the regular season and we don't have our OL and its depth set?  

WTH is going on?

Our starters are set bro.  Shuffling the depth on the team.  Every team in the league shuffles their roster a bit b4 the season starts...

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

If anyone other than Mack has to snap the ball this season these thoughts run through my head:  creek, paddle, excrement, canoe...

Garland played well throughout the preseason.  Kinda baffling that we work out Jones in my mind.  I think this may be a TD move as we took a look at him b4 the draft.  If his versatility includes tackle, like in college, then I can see the value here.  We have a ton of guards right now...

5 hours ago, etherdome said:

Really?  Five days before the regular season and we don't have our OL and its depth set?  

WTH is going on?

are you forgetting the changes the starting OL got last year the week before the season started? we're much better off this year than we were last year when we were just a few days into having signed a new starting LG and the guy who had been starting C was shown the door and replaced with a guy who'd never played center before the preseason that just ended...

yeah, we're much better off this year looking at depth instead of signing guys to start on sunday

3 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

He's a perfect ZBS depth guy who can easily start on Sunday. Not all start talent, but can help. I like this. Now, see if there are any edge guys. Its ok to trade.

Call philly heard their having a fire sale up yonder 

but it would be nice to see the Falcons make a trade like we did for JA55. A man can dream right?

6 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

He's a perfect ZBS depth guy who can easily start on Sunday. Not all start talent, but can help. I like this. Now, see if there are any edge guys. Its ok to trade.

haven't seen anything saying we've signed him, I'd be all for it though. I posted up some of his accolades in the other thread, Outland Trophy one year, Rimington Trophy the next. One of only two people to ever do that. Played RG, LT and C on some championship teams.....

hard to comprehend he hasn't stuck somewhere, especially, as someone mentioned, as bad as the Rams were on oline when they had him