Are We Playoffs or Bust?

Nino11

I have been thinking about this for a while now. I'm Tryna look at this as objectively as I can, i.e not from a anxious fan wanting to see wins again. I was a Smitty supporter when people were calling for his head in 2013. **** I believed he could turn it around all the way up until we got blew out by the Panties. I'm all for patience and letting things run its course. At some point you have to hold people accountable.

If not for the 6-1 start I believe the 8-8 record Quinn lead the team to in his first year would have been looked at many as pretty decent compared to the previous 2 years before his arrival. I think the hot start raised expectations a lot so the finished we had looked a lot worse then it was. Granted we missed out on the playoffs but it was a **** of a turn around from the 13-14 seasons. I think moving into the new stadiums and the start of the 15 season has us in playoffs or bust mode. I don't know if Quinn gets fired if we miss that I think TD and Friends would be gone. Maybe one chosen as a successor but I think the Front office is cleaned out. If Ryan doesn't look like the Ryan of old I think Shannahan is gone. Quinn may get one more year to fix it but I can't see Blank allowing the team to go into the new stadium without some hope. 

For me personally it's put up or shut up time for Ryan and the "elite" talks. I have been singing his praises since the first pass to Jenkings. He's my guy. If he doesn't dominate I think he goes the way of a mid-tier QB at best. Just above average, not even great. I hope he bounces back because finding a QB is so **** hard but color anxious

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playoff or bust is high expectations.  The long difficult period from game 6 until the Panthers spoke volumes that we need allot more work than just training camp & preseason.    I would say 9-7 plus 65% or better TD success in the red zone or bust.   I sure hope we do make the playoffs.

31 minutes ago, Leggggggo said:

depends on how the season plays out honestly... There is almost always a 10-6 team that misses the play offs from a super strong division... And there is more times than not a 7-9 or 8-8 team from a weak division who makes it...

I'd take a 10-6 year and miss over a 7-9 and make...

---

I don't think I would.  I'd love to at least have a chance to do what the Seahawks did to the Saints a few years ago when they went in at 7-9 and kicked the doggie-doo out of them. 

I think it depends on your definition of bust....while I don't think we're going to see a playoff caliber team this year, I don't see a bust either.

I see a 5-7 win team, based on the schedule. yeah, I know, we can't base this year on last year because so many things change for every team, but there has to be SOME thing to use to start with. 

so is a 5-7 win team this year a bust, if the strength of schedule actually proves out right, but we see improvement in so many of the areas we need to? I wouldn't say so

Edited by papachaz

35 minutes ago, Leggggggo said:

depends on how the season plays out honestly... There is almost always a 10-6 team that misses the play offs from a super strong division... And there is more times than not a 7-9 or 8-8 team from a weak division who makes it...

I'd take a 10-6 year and miss over a 7-9 and make...

what wut kobe bryant wat amused

Bruh, the goal is to get into the playoffs. The Seahawks beat the Saints in the 1st rd of the playoffs after winning their division with a 7-9 record. Get into the dance, you have a chance. You know what you call a regular season 7-9 team who won the Super Bowl? Champs. 

**DISCLAIMER**  I don't want the Falcons to go 7-9. Smh. 

Neither.

This is a team in transition with a lot of first and second year starters.  With the one of the most difficult schedules and playing the first 4 of 6 on the road including an away game against the Saints and then back-to-back away games with the Broncos and Seahawks, I think a 7-9 record looks about right.  If they go 9-7 it would be a successful second season given we STILL, STILL, STILL can't protect the QB well and can't sack the opposing QB.

1 minute ago, Quarterback said:

Neither.

This is a team in transition with a lot of first and second year starters.  With the one of the most difficult schedules and playing the first 4 of 6 on the road including an away game against the Saints and then back-to-back away games with the Broncos and Seahawks, I think a 7-9 record looks about right.  If they go 9-7 it would be a successful second season given we STILL, STILL, STILL can't protect the QB well and can't sack the opposing QB.

You figured this out before the first game was even played?

I love the Falcons as much as anyone, but being realistic we are far from being a playoff team. I feel like we'll win 5-6 games this year and hopefully get some of our young guys experience. Anyone that honestly believes this team is playoff contender material can't pay attention to other NFL teams. I'll pull for the Falcons every week, but knowing we are the underdog to almost every team we face. But no, we will not be a playoff team this season.