The Official Julio for 2,000 Thread

falconfrenzy70

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope.

(1) Quinn is a defense first guy who wants a balanced attack, he's made it clear we will run the ball more in 2016 with both freeman and Coleman to keep falcon defense off the field as much as possible.

(2) we need to keep Julio healthy, he is a guy who is susceptible to injuries anyway. 

(3) this is a team culture  built around winning football games more than it is about personal achievement. Good news is  Julio is a team first kind of guy who buys into that.   Ball should be spread around more  in 2016 than it was in 2015. 

Edited by Vandy

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Nope.

(1) Quinn wants a defensive guy who wants a balanced attack, he's made it clear we will run the ball more in 2016 with both freeman and Coleman to keep falcon defense off the field as much as possible.

(2) we need to keep Julio healthy, he is a guy who is susceptible to injuries anyway. 

(3) this is a team culture  built around winning football games more than it is about personal achievement. Good news is  Julio is a team first kind of guy who buys into that.   Ball should be spread around more  in 2016 than it was in 2015. 

Yea if Quinn wants Julio to play another 6 years, he's gotta make him a piece to the offense, not the focal point 

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Nope.

(1) Quinn is a defense first guy who wants a balanced attack, he's made it clear we will run the ball more in 2016 with both freeman and Coleman to keep falcon defense off the field as much as possible.

Qft 

What's that gonna do for out goal of reaching the SB???????  I say trade him and Ryan...Build a treacherous defense, get a Game managing QB, a possession receiver, Dominate T/E, stout RB, and a second receiver that can stretch the field every now and then. Ryan has reached his ceiling and is on the way down... 

Julio is fragile, some might label him injury prone. He can't take a lick without leaving a game, then missing tons of practice..........always being held out. THIS will keep him from being really a great WR.

He's like a thoroughbred race horse..........a real threat...........but very, very fragile.

4 minutes ago, Bring It said:

Julio is fragile, some might label him injury prone. He can't take a lick without leaving a game, then missing tons of practice..........always being held out. THIS will keep him from being really a great WR.

He's like a thoroughbred race horse..........a real threat...........but very, very fragile.

Julio has only missed one game since recovering from his foot surgery in '13. Also, aside from that season, he's only missed 4 games his whole career. I'm not sure durability is all that much of a concern for #11. Not saying I want him over-used, but calling him fragile isn't really accurate. 

Do I want Jones to get 2000 rec yds?  I don't care really, I don't think he does either.   Is it possible? Yes.  If our line protects better and our other receivers/TE's/RB can be an actual threat, I can see Jones getting way more YAC per pass than he has in the past.   He'll definitely have less opportunities if we're up late in games where Shannahan will grind it out though.  I just want the W's and the W in February and I think that's all Julio wants also.