Our HC

ATLsuperfan247

Just wanted to start a topic to recognize our head coach Dan Quinn.

Since he has been the head coach. I have full repect for this guy. He has opened his world up to the fans and really built a story for us fans to really make our own. 

He has taken us through two drafts and a season. All of which he has, as much as he could, walked us through him living out his dream.

For those that do not like his performance as a head coach. Well, Its far enough to have you're own opinion. 

But even the biggest nay sayer can appreciate the time he has put in to creating a story that involves everyone. Not just the team, the coaches, or TD and Mr. Blank. But to all the falcons fans as well.

Edited by ATLsuperfan247

I'm playing the waiting game. Saw some things I liked last year and some things I didn't like as well. 1-5 in the division was very alarming to me. But, I loved his approach to the Carolina game last year and how fired up he was on the sidelines. I especially the loved the "Take a ******* picture!" moment. He took the panthers beat down personally and responded 

21 minutes ago, uup115 said:

Is the OP Quinn's mother?

Why would i need to be? This is one of if not the greatest sport on the planet. Why not recognize someones worth instead of what they can do for us.

Football has influenced our lives some way or another. One of those reasons has to include coach Quinn. Is he not a part of this journey?

11 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Yeah but the complete wrong answer.

Is the OP Dan Quinn's mom and he answers Shannahan?

He was saying that he would answer the question with Shanahan instead of Quinn's mom. As in Shanahan should be the most thankful to Quinn for hiring him.     It really kills a joke when you or someone else has to explain it though.

10 hours ago, Mr Plow said:

I pretty much like everything Coach Quinn has done except 1) hire stupid arrogant QB killer Shanahan; and 2) draft Vic Beasley.

Seems we've always had detractors concerning our OC's over the past several years.  Ironically, the one guy we had that I really liked was Hue Jackson.  But of course he was swept away in PetrinoGate. (I would have loved to have retained him and Zimmer).  I think Shanahan is a colossal joke.  I think he got a shot b/c of his Dad, and he continues to stink wherever he goes.  The only problem with my assessment is that I have no one to suggest to take his place, so I'm no help at all.  

I know there are Ryan supporters and haters, but I think his best years were under Musgrave as QB coach.  None of the changes at OC seemed to have done much for him.  That said,  IMO, KS is not going to help us win.

And....on an unrelated note:  Notre Dame fans are calling for BVG's head.   He's another one who passed through here that keeps getting hired for some reason.......?

I think the arrow is pointing up. He got the defense to perform at a much higher levels than the talent would have shown. The offense needs a lot of work. For me thats the "wait and see". He is the Head Coach so he is ultimately responsible for everything. He will HAVE to fire Shanny if the offense sputters through 6-8 games. It doesn't matter if it his fault or not

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

He's already grown on me, Shanny, withholding judgment for now.  

I suppose this is the approach I should have taken with shanny as well. I haven't made it any secret that I hated the hire, basically because he's his father all over again and I've hated ole Mike for a LONG time  LOL  well, that and he's come off like a jerk a LOT with the way he's treated some really good VETs through the years, (see McNabb, Donovan, White, Roddy, etc)

but in all seriousness, other than his offenses through the years putting up some decent to good numbers, he hasn't really accomplished anything that makes excited he's our OC, or to make me think it will be any different here. Year one it wasn't, sure it was good stats until the redzone, good QB stats, and a good running game. But aren't those usually really attributed to the WCO? 

I think Vic just needs to grow into it and will turn out to be a good player for us for (hopefully) a long time. And here's to hoping that Matt can master this OC's way of doing it, because lord knows we're apparently stuck with him. Doesn't mean I have to like him (shanny) though, LOL