Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Colin_Pernett

The hero the Falcons need

12 posts in this topic

I love Matt Ryan, but this just feels right. Area kid who used to work for the team coming in with the new stadium. Every time we lose he will be the silver lining that keeps me from being too beat up over the loss. Plus the only way we can get him is if Matty Ice really blows it or is hurt, so replacing him would be on the table. 

Deshaun Watson plays a lot like Cam Newton without the size. He extends with his feet, and has a cannot arm. His accuracy, like Cam's, isn't great, but he makes up for it with chunk plays that cover up his shortcomings just like the reigning MVP. He also has the poise and attitude that Dan Quinn loves. He really loves the game and is a really great kid. He works for Habitat for Humanity and has that personality like Keanu Neal, Vic Beasley, and Devonta Freeman in that he is genuinely nice off of the field but is a dawg when the helmet is on.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Watson has some incredible talent. I would love this kid on our team, and he fits the WCO perfectly. I'm having my doubts about Ryan lately, but unless we tank, I doubt we will be able to get Watson. He's a top 3 pick, and I wish we could get him. 

If your going after Watson you then have to believe Ryan is done and will take the team no further.Personally I think Ryan will recover and all this madness of getting Watson will disappear.

Smiler11 likes this

5 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

If your going after Watson you then have to believe Ryan is done and will take the team no further.Personally I think Ryan will recover and all this madness of getting Watson will disappear.

If he wasn't from Atlanta then there wouldn't be all of this talk. I believe in Matt Ryan too, but I just love the hometown hero story. Plus me and Deshaun both played high school football at the same time and I have some friends that have played with and against him. Like with Myles Jack last year, who I went to middle school with, I'm very biased towards this specific player for more than just him being the best at his position in this class

kiwifalcon likes this

3 hours ago, AndySG said:

He's a monster - would also love Garrett if we were picking high, though.

Yeah he's the best player in the draft. 

Maybe he will be better than Ryan, or maybe he's the next talented young QB who doesn't pan out. There was a time when some Falcons fans would have fallen over each other to replace Ryan with RG3, Tim Tebow, every other young QB who has come along.