Did you guys know we had a female coach during preseason?

stizz

So I was watching some of the Mic'd Up vids and noticed that one of the people in Sanu's vid resembled a chick. Did a google search and saw this:

http://usafootball.com/blogs/u.s.-national-team/post/12654/u.s.-women's-national-team-alum-katie-sowers-named-a-coaching-intern-for-the-atlanta-falcons

I get it, the NFL is being forced to bring women on to deflate the domestic issues, but it needs to come to an end soon.

Before we know it, any chick with a heartbeat will be allowed to be a coaching "intern" on a club. This isn't meant to be a misogynistic post, but bringing on women with these types of backgrounds really take away from true coaches who have been busting their tail to get where they want like Becky Hammon with the Spurs. 

Realistically, what could a QB for a flag football women's team teach seasoned WRs in the NFL?

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, stizz said:

So I was watching some of the Mic'd Up vids and noticed that one of the people in Sanu's vid resembled a chick. Did a google search and saw this:

http://usafootball.com/blogs/u.s.-national-team/post/12654/u.s.-women's-national-team-alum-katie-sowers-named-a-coaching-intern-for-the-atlanta-falcons

I get it, the NFL is being forced to bring women on to deflate the domestic issues, but it needs to come to an end soon.

Before we know it, any chick with a heartbeat will be allowed to be a coaching "intern" on a club. This isn't meant to be a misogynistic post, but bringing on women with these types of backgrounds really take away from true coaches who have been busting their tail to get where they want like Becky Hammon with the Spurs. 

Realistically, what could a QB for a flag football women's team teach seasoned WRs in the NFL?

This post is exactly that.:munch:

1 minute ago, Asault86 said:

This post is exactly that.:munch:

Except I give credit to Becky Hammon and have applauded Sarah Thomas multiple times on here for doing her job and staying out spotlight.

Someone has got to tell the truth, whether you like it or not.

18 minutes ago, stizz said:

There I put what makes it a misogynistic post for you.

3 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

It's good PR for the team. We do about fifty different things purely for good PR every year. Do those bother you too?

It's false PR.

But then again, I'm talking to a guy who swore Tyler Starr would amount to anything with the Falcons and refused to acknowledge him missing tackles on Hard Knocks, so I don't expect you to see it.

Ok, answer this for me. How are women supposed to get experience in football in order to have a background? They don't play, and they haven't been associated in any other way in the past. Also, i dont know how the NFL does it, but i have two friends that spent some time learning how to coach as an intern. One during preseason in baseball, the other one in the NHL. Neither one has any experience other than playing intramural sports in the Army. Is it a big deal for their lack of experience just because they are men?

Edited by Asault86

1 minute ago, stizz said:

Tell me what I said was false regarding this particular person's background.

31 minutes ago, stizz said:

Pretty much everything in bold..... Wait........

2 minutes ago, Asault86 said:

Ok, answer this for me. How are women supposed to get experience in football in order to have a background? They don't play, and they haven't been associated in any other way in the past. Also, i dont know how the NFL does it, but i have to friends that spent some time learning how to coach as an intern. One during preseason in baseball, the other one in the NHL. Neither one has any experience other than playing intramural sports in the Army. Is it a big deal for their lack of experience just because they are men?

I guess I just can't comprehend a woman telling/coaching men in the NFL when they've never played anything close to that level. Like if you went to a gym for a trainer and the trainer they assigned you was out of shape and sloppy, would you take what they were saying seriously? It makes much more sense in the NBA and MLB.

Your friends are the exception. The NFL has been caught taking money to appreciate military services. You really think they'd promote women in the NFL just because? This is simply because they want to help the domestic issues they struggle with every offseason. 

1 minute ago, Jpowers said:

Do you understand what intern means?     I don't think you do.

You really do look like a jackass right now. Go look up the definition of intern and get back to me.

J, take it easy and relax on the name calling. I don't need to get back to you on that one.

2 minutes ago, stizz said:

I guess I just can't comprehend a woman telling/coaching men in the NFL when they've never played anything close to that level. Like if you went to a gym for a trainer and the trainer they assigned you was out of shape and sloppy, would you take what they were saying seriously? It makes much more sense in the NBA and MLB.

Your friends are the exception. The NFL has been caught taking money to appreciate military services. You really think they'd promote women in the NFL just because? This is simply because they want to help the domestic issues they struggle with every offseason. 

Have you ever been an intern in any job you have done? If you have you would know that she is not out there coaching them telling them what to do. She is out there being an intern, she doesnt have much of a background except being a quarterback in the womens league and an offenseive coordinator at a high school for 2 years. That is why she is there as an intern through OTAs and preseason, so she can learn the intricaciesof being a coach in the NFL. And, no it doesnt make any sense to do it in the NHL and MLB and not in the NFL.