Jump to content

3 CB's 4 TE's WTF?


ryanadonis
 Share

Recommended Posts

Brian Poole will probably cross between CB and S.  Thank god for him.  But 4 Tight Ends?  Really?  If they thought Perkins was so good, than cut Tamme or Hooper.  Toilolo can at least be a blocking tight end and a very good one.  Tamme and Hooper are about as soft as cookies and are the anti Gronk.  Perkins at least reminds me of a young Alge Crumpler, so he at least has that.  

 

This front office is having major issues and this has gone too far.  What the **** are we going to do with 4 TE's?  Run 3 TE sets?  Oh if Hooper lets another pass up in the air, we got Perkins to take reps from him?  

There are plenty of stories about rookies who get over valued and over drafted that look like complete crap in the NFL.  We can't just let Hooper off on a free pass because he is a 3rd round pick.  He is no Luke Wilson, he never will be.  His hands are like Ice blocks and he can't even block himself. 

 

Yes Falcon fans, put your franchise on the line for this man, ONLY because he was 3rd round pick. OH NO can't lose a 3rd round bust!!!!

0664172001460843406_usatodaysportsimages

 

And btw. This pick smells of TD all the way.  This guy represents every bad TD pick he has ever had in 3rd rounds. 

Another thing, Babs hasn't performed in 5 plus years.  Just been a guy getting washed out in the middle of the defensive line on passing downs.   When is enough, enough?

Edited by R_The_Great
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Romfal said:

math is hard

 

Trufant

Alford

CJ Goodwin

Poole

 

 

Collins after a few weeks

Poole is listed at S.  So he can't really be considered a CB.  We are rolling with 3 true corners, with 1 converted WR btw.  Poole is a rookie as well, so that's not exactly the best combination to start the season with. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

Poole is listed at S.  So he can't really be considered a CB.  We are rolling with 3 true corners, with 1 converted WR btw.  Poole is a rookie as well, so that's not exactly the best combination to start the season with. 

Poole is the starting nickel CB at this point, so he's definitely more CB than S.

That said, I expect us to bring in a veteran CB and cut Perkins, Reynolds, or Wheeler.

We also have 3 backup interior OL and only 1 backup OT at the moment.  Might bring in a vet there and cut Person / Garland still.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

Brian Poole will probably cross between CB and S.  Thank god for him.  But 4 Tight Ends?  Really?  If they thought Perkins was so good, than cut Tamme or Hooper.  Toilolo can at least be a blocking tight end and a very good one.  Tamme and Hooper are about as soft as cookies and are the anti Gronk.  Perkins at least reminds me of a young Alge Crumpler, so he at least has that.  

 

This front office is having major issues and this has gone too far.  What the **** are we going to do with 4 TE's?  Run 3 TE sets?  Oh if Hooper lets another pass up in the air, we got Perkins to take reps from him?  

There are plenty of stories about rookies who get over valued and over drafted that look like complete crap in the NFL.  We can't just let Hooper off on a free pass because he is a 3rd round pick.  He is no Luke Wilson, he never will be.  His hands are like Ice blocks and he can't even block himself. 

 

Yes Falcon fans, put your franchise on the line for this man, ONLY because he was 3rd round pick. OH NO can't lose a 3rd round bust!!!!

0664172001460843406_usatodaysportsimages

 

And btw. This pick smells of TD all the way.  This guy represents every bad TD pick he has ever had in 3rd rounds. 

Another thing, Babs hasn't performed in 5 plus years.  Just been a guy getting washed out in the middle of the defensive line on passing downs.   When is enough, enough?

Stopped reading at "cut hooper"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got to love Courtney Upshaw making the team.  1 year deal for a guy who put on at least 20 pounds since being removed from the Ravens.   A human water bed that gets completely washed out on run plays.  His pass rush is pretty questionable, only time he showed up was vs the 4th string Jags.   If Upshaw was 260 and could play the edge at OLB or DE, I would be ok with the player but this 315 pound DT experiment is really something. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MayorWest13 said:

I can't believe our rookie TE isn't an all-pro yet better cut him he has no room to grow being a rookie. 

It's not about being an all pro.  At least look like you know what playing the TE position is all about.  First, he lets Kyle get a pick off Matt Ryan in practice that resulted in a fine.  Last game, he lets the ball tip up in the air twice and he could care less.  Any other rookie who would let that happen would probably be on the streets now.  

My point is, where is the leadership and the discipline?  Why is it ok for Hooper to play so horrible this whole preseason and he gets a pass?  Why keep Perkins if Hooper is such a great player?  

Edited by R_The_Great
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, R_The_Great said:

It's not about being an all pro.  At least look like you know what playing the TE position is all about.  First, he lets Kyle get a pick off Matt Ryan in practice that resulted in a fine.  Last game, he lets the ball tip up in the air twice and he could care less.  Anybody other rookie who would let that happen would probably be on the streets now.  

Yes because he has a higher ceiling than other rookies. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

Got to love Courtney Upshaw making the team.  1 year deal for a guy who put on at least 20 pounds since being removed from the Ravens.   A human water bed that gets completely washed out on run plays.  His pass rush is pretty questionable, only time he showed up was vs the 4th string Jags.   If Upshaw was 260 and could play the edge at OLB or DE, I would be ok with the player but this 315 pound DT experiment is really something. 

We asked him to put on weight so he could play on the line...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, MayorWest13 said:

Yes because he has a higher ceiling than other rookies. 

What ceiling?  From what I have seen from him, is that he can maybe run a good route, but his hands are like bricks. His blocking isn't very impressive.  He is not a strong big tight end.  

If you guys need to know what this offense looks like at its best, just rewatch Toilolo starting in the Cowboys and Texans game last year.  Toilolo can block, and he is a great run and pass blocker.  The offense can revolve around him cause he does such a good job blocking.  Even Zimmer the coach of the Vikings called Toilolo the secret weapon.  So yeah, Tamme went down early in the Cowboys game til the Redskins game.  From the time Tamme was down and Toilolo was starting, the offense was crisp, confident and controlled.  Why?  Because Matt didn't have to force himself to look at Tamme for a bail out.  

If it was my team, I would have Toilolo start, with Perkins and another young rookie that has actual upside behind him.   Tamme makes a good catch every now and then, but with him on the field, it makes Matt Ryan too focused on forcing himself to look Tamme's way because he is a bail out tight end. 

Edited by R_The_Great
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

Poole is listed at S.  So he can't really be considered a CB.  We are rolling with 3 true corners, with 1 converted WR btw.  Poole is a rookie as well, so that's not exactly the best combination to start the season with. 

hes been playing nickel all camp. listed where? af.com? those guys suck *** at keeping the roster updated. Probably why Jay got fired

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

Hooper was one of the best TEs in the draft. Sorry he wasn't Tony Gonzalez the first week of preseason. He did miss some of TC, you know finishing school. It must be so hard living in a world where things are not as perfect as you imagine them to be.

 

that doesn t matter, he needs something to complain about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

Hooper was one of the best TEs in the draft. Sorry he wasn't Tony Gonzalez the first week of preseason. He did miss some of TC, you know finishing school. It must be so hard living in a world where things are not as perfect as you imagine them to be.

Him going to school and missing some TC has nothing to do with the basic fundamentals of making a catch.  What he did last game, was the exact opposite of what your suppose to do when trying to receive a pass

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, R_The_Great said:

Him going to school and missing some TC has nothing to do with the basic fundamentals of making a catch.  What he did last game, was the exact opposite of what your suppose to do when trying to receive a pass

 

yeah. rookies aren t allowed to have ups and downs. find something better to do with your time. your posts are going down hill. take some time off. go skip rocks on a lake or look for a stone to crawl under.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...