McKissic and Simms will get poached off PS

Capitalist

2 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Well they would technically only get poached off of waivers.  If they clear waivers Im aure we'll bring them back to be on our PS.  However if some team takes them off our PS they have to put them on their roster.  They cant go from PS to PS.

Along with Capi for that matter.

Very true. That's why I doubt McKissic will get poached. It would mean that a team would have to sign him to their 53 - I just dont see that happening. I don't see Capi going to anyone's 53 either. But with Simms being a decent QB, I could see that.

Every single year we have players who we thought should make the roster and don't that we think won't clear waivers, and very very rarely do they not make it to the PS.

As far as them getting signed from the PS during the season. The team whose PS it is, is always aware when another team is attempting to sign one of their PS players, which is why you've seen us make a move to escalate them to our 53 on numerous occasions. 

If a players actually gets signed from our PS, it's b/c we let them be signed.

No offense meant, but this same thread appears every year last few years. Some popular player gets cut and people worry about him not making it to the practice squad and the player usually gets signed to the falcons practice squad.

We only see these players going against other 2nd & 3rd stringers in preseason, Falcons coaches see them going against first stringers in practice. Think they may look much different going against the first team.

43 minutes ago, Capitalist said:

Can understand maybe rolling with 2 QB's...

But not McKissic

I agree, 100% --- I don't think I've EVER been so mad/disappointed to see a player released, as I was to see this!!! 
I have no problem with any of the other moves --- but to see them release McKissic is totally ridiculous! 
I mean, to me,   he was the "star" of the whole pre-season --- smh...

39 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I doubt either does. 

the only thing I can say I've honestly considered is that the taints pick up McKissic. They might would want to go after Simms after him having spent all year last year on our PS and having some knowledge of the system here, but then He could do like he did last year and say no thanks....

2 minutes ago, papachaz said:

the only thing I can say I've honestly considered is that the taints pick up McKissic. They might would want to go after Simms after him having spent all year last year on our PS and having some knowledge of the system here, but then He could do like he did last year and say no thanks....

It's part of the risk you take. 

I personally would have kept McKissic and gone with 3 TEs, but something tells me Quinn has his eyes on a CB that might get cut on another team. 

3rd CB is a huge concern on this team, not 3rd QB or 6th WR.