Kansas State @ Stanford

Falconsfan567

12 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Really?

22 CAR, 126 YDS (5.7), 2 TD

7 REC, 40 YDS (5.7), 0 TD

97-yard Punt Return TD called back because of a penalty.

2 big runs is all he had. Take away those and he did nothing. Give a guy 22 carries and he is going to break one sooner or later. The punt return was impressive but at the end of the day it won't mean anything

Just now, tl;dr said:

2 big runs is all he had. Take away those and he did nothing. Give a guy 22 carries and he is going to break one sooner or later. The punt return was impressive but at the end of the day it won't mean anything

Fact is you can't take the runs away. They happened. I can't stand when people try to say (well take his long runs away and then look at his numbers.) WTF kind of logic is that? They happened. You can't take them away. They count.

Sure the punt return didn't count but it's gonna be on the highlight reels all season.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Fact is you can't take the runs away. They happened. I can't stand when people try to say (well take his long runs away and then look at his numbers.) WTF kind of logic is that? They happened. You can't take them away. They count.

Sure the punt return didn't count but it's gonna be on the highlight reels all season.

Yeah those runs definitely did count, but overall I just wasn't very impressed with him. The punt return was very impressive though. Only a fool would deny that. If it hadn't been for those 2 runs though his numbers would have been dreadful. While you can't take them away, he didn't have a very consistent game. I don't put all of it on McCaffrey though. Stanford's OL was vastly underrated last year. That's going to hurt them all year.

I'm in the minority of most people but I don't think he is anywhere near Fournette or Cook. Very good RB and one of the top 5 RB's in the nation though. I will continue to be in the minority, but I'm okay with that, just my opinion honestly.

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

Yeah those runs definitely did count, but overall I just wasn't very impressed with him. The punt return was very impressive though. Only a fool would deny that. If it hadn't been for those 2 runs though his numbers would have been dreadful. While you can't take them away, he didn't have a very consistent game. I don't put all of it on McCaffrey though. Stanford's OL was vastly underrated last year. That's going to hurt them all year.

I'm in the minority of most people but I don't think he is anywhere near Fournette or Cook. Very good RB and one of the top 5 RB's in the nation though. I will continue to be in the minority, but I'm okay with that, just my opinion honestly.

You watching Fournette? He doesn't look so hot today either.