Biermann Cut By Bills Two Weeks After Signing

PokerSteve

And he's gone. Very short stay, to say the least. Here's the link:

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/kim-zolciaks-husband-kroy-biermann-210200435.html

Edit: This is all about his wife, lol, but this is the first source I happened across for the story. Guess Ms. Zolchak went off the deep end right before he got his pink slip.

Edit 2: From the Bills website: "...undrafted free agent linebacker Bryson Albright made the team over veterans Manny Lawson and Kroy Biermann...

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2016/09/buffalo_bills_announce_full_list_of_cuts_for_53-man_roster.html

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

What it implies is definitely concerning.

We already knew that though didn't we? Time to move on. Things will play out and we'll know with this "new" regime. Basically Quinn and whatever he brings and can influence. We still don't know yet. He took over a depleted roster that's for sure. Hope he has the juice to affect change. That's what we have at this point. I wish him well. New Season. Leave it on the field...

2 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

We already knew that though didn't we? Time to move on. Things will play out and we'll know with this "new" regime. Basically Quinn and whatever he brings and can influence. We still don't know yet. He took over a depleted roster that's for sure. Hope he has the juice to affect change. That's what we have at this point. I wish him well. New Season. Leave it on the field...

From what we know and from what Arthur Blank's elite search party could figure out, Dan Quinn was the top HC candidate among the bright young coordinators. Other than Dan Reeves, that would make him by far the most promising incoming HC we've ever had. And his expertise is defense to boot, which has been a glaring problem for years. 

He's got a lot going for him, just hope it all comes together and quickly.

10 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Why have there been so many posts/threads about Biermann being cut? I don't understand the fascination.

1.) He was here for almost a decade.

2.) He was almost symbolic of a pass rush unit that was always one step away from actually getting to the QB.

3.) Always drew a lot of comments in TATF due to 2.)

1 minute ago, PokerSteve said:

2.) He was almost symbolic of a pass rush unit that was always one step away from actually getting to the QB.

4) He was a great guy off the field involved in many community activities (but most fans just wished he would give up playing)

20 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

From what we know and from what Arthur Blank's elite search party could figure out, Dan Quinn was the top HC candidate among the bright young coordinators. Other than Dan Reeves, that would make him by far the most promising incoming HC we've ever had. And his expertise is defense to boot, which has been a glaring problem for years. 

He's got a lot going for him, just hope it all comes together and quickly.

I agree PS. This is his chance to make his name. Funny thing is guys like Bill Belichick and Pete Carrol had early failures in the NFL and were afforded other head coaching opportunities. Times have changed. Quinn needs to make this work. He'll not likely get another opportunity. He has to have a dominate voice on this team. There has to be a clear chain of command. (If he's even allowed to be that type of head coach). That remains to be seen. It  remains to be seen if he's capable. This is what we have to root for. Hope for. I'd like to see a clearly defined plan. It takes time but not a lot of time in today's league. This organization is all over the place. I can't help but be skeptical from the top down. Quinn has a ton of pressure. I'll let it play out. Looking back doesn't help as fans but I'd like to think the organization can learn from looking back at the debacle of player research and development. If Quinn truly is the man for the job then folks in the Falcons front office need to get out of the way. Quinn needs to push them out of the way. (If he can). I believe he's trying to put his mark on the team. It shows in the last two drafts. Theorettically speaking... I hope it works. 

4 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

4) He was a great guy off the field involved in many community activities (but most fans just wished he would give up playing)

Despite being labeled an underachiever by me and many others, Biermann had some highlight reel moments:

"... Biermann scored his first NFL touchdown on November 2, 2009 in a Monday night game at the New Orleans Saints. He returned a Drew Brees fumble five yards for the score. On December 27, 2009, Biermann stepped in as the team's placekicker after an injury to the punter Michael Koenen during a game against the Buffalo Bills. Biermann, who had not kicked since high school, had kickoffs of 67, 58 and 54 yards. On October 10, 2010, he made headlines as he tipped a Jake Delhomme pass to himself for an interception and returned it 41 yards for a touchdown.[3] "

-- the above came from wikipedia

12 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

I agree PS. This is his chance to make his name. Funny thing is guys like Bill Belichick and Pete Carrol had early failures in the NFL and were afforded other head coaching opportunities. Times have changed. Quinn needs to make this work. He'll not likely get another opportunity. He has to have a dominate voice on this team. There has to be a clear chain of command. (If he's even allowed to be that type of head coach). That remains to be seen. It  remains to be seen if he's capable. This is what we have to root for. Hope for. I'd like to see a clearly defined plan. It takes time but not a lot of time in today's league. This organization is all over the place. I can't help but be skeptical from the top down. Quinn has a ton of pressure. I'll let it play out. Looking back doesn't help as fans but I'd like to think the organization can learn from looking back at the debacle of player research and development. If Quinn truly is the man for the job then folks in the Falcons front office need to get out of the way. Quinn needs to push them out of the way. (If he can). I believe he's trying to put his mark on the team. It shows in the last two drafts. Theorettically speaking... I hope it works. 

Well we know Quinn does have a plan and he's rapidly reshaping the roster with the speed guys he likes. His contract is for four years and I believe he'll be given the full four seasons to put it all together.

With these improved drafts you mentioned as a positive indicator, you have to feel optimistic he'll get it done and get the Falcons to the SB in the next few seasons. Very interested in seeing how the real team looks in a real game situation in a few days. It would be nice if the winning began immediately.

7 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Well we know Quinn does have a plan and he's rapidly reshaping the roster with the speed guys he likes. His contract is for four years and I believe he'll be given the full four seasons to put it all together.

With these improved drafts you mentioned as a positive indicator, you have to feel optimistic he'll get it done and get the Falcons to the SB in the next few seasons. Very interested in seeing how the real team looks in a real game situation in a few days. It would be nice if the winning began immediately.

I'm with you on the plan. It's still very early in his tenure. New blood on this team. That's refreshing. This is a young team. There will be  growing pains. Doesn't mean they can't win but folks need to chill out. Quit over analyzing rookies. Young players. It's ridiculous. Quinn deserves the 4 years. This is like a college football rebuild. It will take time. I hope it works. 

12 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Why some of our fans have a penchant for Rudy projects like Biermann is something to behold.

Why Dimitroff and Smitty was keeping him on the roster for so long just goes to show that one of them is a bullsh*tter when it comes to knowing how to find talent from the draft after the second round.

2 minutes ago, Statick said:

Why some of our fans have a penchant for Rudy projects like Biermann is something to behold.

I don't think a 5th rounder is a Rudy project.  He isn't a UDFA who nobody expects to make the team, and he also isn't an elite player who should be expected to be top 10 in sacks.

He is who we (should have) thought he was.