9. Bucs-W

10. Eagles-W

11. Cardinals-L

12. Chiefs-W

13. Rams-W

14. 49ers-W

15. Panthers-L

16. Saints-W

I see us going 10-6 and getting the #5 seed. We have what looks like a tough road, but we are due for a good season. 

Thoughts?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Bucs-W

2. Raiders-W

3. Saints-W

4. Panthers-L

5. Broncos-L

6. Seahawks-L

7. Chargers-W

8. Packers-L

9. Bucs-L

10. Eagles-L

11. Cardinals-L

12. Chiefs-L

13. Rams-W

14. 49ers-W

15. Panthers-L

16. Saints-W

Being as objective as possible from what I've seen, I'm thinking somewhere around 7-9. Hooper isn't going to be the secret Red Zone TD weapon everybody thought was going to happen, Ryan has already thrown his first Int in the zone and still looks uncertain in this WCO. Shanahan's patented conservative, predictable play-calling won't help matters either.

Add to that what appears to be lingering problems mounting even a vague semblance of a pass rush, way too many stupid penalties and holding calls and inconsistent play on both sides of the ball. These were all prominent issues the whole of last season. Sadly little if any of that has changed even though the talent level has been raised. Yeah, I know it was only preseason. I'd love to be dead wrong, but that's where I'm at.

1. Bucks- L

2. Raiders- L

3. Saints- W

4. Panthers-L

5. Broncos- L

6. Seahawks- L

7. Chargers- W

8. Packers- L

9. Bucks- W

10. Eagles- L

11. Cardinals-L 

12. Chiefs-L

13. Rams- W

14. 49ers- W

15. Panthers- L 

16. Saints- L

5-11 maybe 6-10 if we can pull off a win in Oakland or the Chiefs

Week 1 Home Buccaneers - W (they will be garbage this year) 1-0

Week 2 Away Raiders - W (they don't scare me) 2-0

Week 3 Away Saints - L (this game will be rigged for them) 2-1

Week 4 Home Panthers - W (at home and especially to make up the Saints loss) 3-1

Week 5 Away Broncos - L (maybe with their QB situation but high altitude kills us) 3-2

Week 6 Away Seahawks - L (unless Quinn knows something about his old team) 3-3

Week 7 Home Chargers - W (at home after a rough West Coast trip) 4-3

Week 8 Home Packers - W (really starting to gain some momentum) 5-3

Week 9 Away Buccaneers - W (they will be in next year mode by this time) 6-3

Week 10 Away Eagles - L (never like playing in Philadelphia) 6-4

Week 11 Bye

Week 12 Home Cardinals - W (at home and after a bye) 7-4

Week 13 Home Chiefs - W (at home and with momentum) 8-4

Week 14 Away Rams - W (really starting to get in playoff mode) 9-4

Week 15 Home 49ers - W (at home and they might be in political controversies) 10-4

Week 16 Away Panthers - L (their revenge on us) 10-5

Week 17 Home Saints - W (might be meaningless but we still remember week 3) 11-5

playoffs TBD

11-5

*assumes no year-ending injuries to Ryan, Julio, or Freeman

Edited by jlrfalcon

5 hours ago, BirdFan33 said:

1. Bucs-W

2. Raiders-W

3. Saints-L

4. Panthers-W

5. Broncos-L

6. Seahawks-L

7. Chargers-W

8. Packers-L

9. Bucs-W

10. Eagles-W

11. Cardinals-L

12. Chiefs-W

13. Rams-W

14. 49ers-W

15. Panthers-L

16. Saints-W

I see us going 10-6 and getting the #5 seed. We have what looks like a tough road, but we are due for a good season. 

Thoughts?

9 - 7, and hopefully enough for a Wild Card....that's where I'm at....anything better would be gravy! 

1 minute ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Seahawks Offense

2013:

• #8 Points Scored
  • #17 Total Yards

2014:

• #10 Points Scored
  • #9 Total Yards

2015: 

• #4 Points Scored
  • #4 Total Yards

Stats don't tell the whole story. They don't have much of an O-Line anymore, and it shows when they play real defenses. They also tried to force Graham into a position he didn't fit into, and it hurt them. Their run game has suffered, which was their bread and butter. No giant talent at WR... I'm not scared of them. 

Just now, Lornoth said:

Stats don't tell the whole story. They don't have much of an O-Line anymore, and it shows when they play real defenses. They also tried to force Graham into a position he didn't fit into, and it hurt them. Their run game has suffered, which was their bread and butter. No giant talent at WR... I'm not scared of them. 

Bolded is the key sentence right here.  Will Seattle be playing a real defense when Atlanta comes to town?

Their oline has suffered, but do the Falcons have the horses on the defensive line to make that matter?

They don't have any giant talent at WR, yet Doug Baldwin led the league in TD receptions last year.  

Their run game has suffered, yet in that 3 year stretch their worse finish was #4 in rushing in 2013.

Not to mention the quarterback is getting better and coming off a career year. (34 TDs against 8 ints, over 4000 yards passing and 68.1 percent completion).

I'm not scared of them either, but by any measure, that offense has gotten better since they won the title in 2013.

vs Bucs--Win. Solid team. I expect a war. There receivers will give us fits.

at Raiders--Loss.  Very solid team. They could threaten in that division.

at Saints--Win. It is possible. Their D really might be worst than last year. They really are just not a very good team.  Conspiracy theories won't save them.

vs Panthers--Loss.  We ain't there...yet.  Soon!

at Broncos--Loss. Solid D on the road at altitude.  I don't like it. If we couldn't move the Dolphins line, we won't move theirs.

at Seahawks--Loss.  This is winnable. But I don't have just cause to call a victory here yet. If we keep Newton in the pocket in week 4, I may flip flop on this call. I think they get very beatable if you can keep Wilson from improvising on 3rd down. 

vs Chargers--Win. Back home after a brutal stretch of games vs. the who's who of defenses. This solid team will look ordinary to our offense.

vs Packers--Loss. I don't trust us to be Rodgers...ever. 

at Bucs--Loss.  We are even with them this season.  I'm going home and home vs. Bucs. Even with them is good. They are up and coming.

at Eagles--Win. The just don't have the horses to run with us!

vs. Cards--Win. Coming off a bye vs. a Western team playing in the early time slot.  They may not be sharp for this one. 

vs Chiefs--Loss. They are a solid well coached team. I can see this going either way, but I'm leaning Chiefs here.

at Rams--Win. Solid team...but we are talented enough to challenge their D.

vs 9ers--Win. They are just not that good.

at Car--Loss. We ain't there yet. Soon!

vs Saints--Loss. Yes...they are still that bad.

That adds up to 7-9.  However, the Bucs, Rams, Chiefs, Cards, Raiders, and Chargers are all games that I can see going either way.  Despite the fact I'm predicting a worse record that last year, i think we will play much better ball. I think our defense will stir up some excitement. If we hit week 1, and we suddenly have a pass rush, then I could see that adding 3 wins for sure. I just am not seeing that materializing atm. 

If we can steal one win in weeks 4-6, I suddenly could see this as a wildcard team. I do think the Panthers clearly have us covered, and Tampa is a near equal. Saints are really bad on D yet again. 

4 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Bolded is the key sentence right here.  Will Seattle be playing a real defense when Atlanta comes to town?

Their oline has suffered, but do the Falcons have the horses on the defensive line to make that matter?

They don't have any giant talent at WR, yet Doug Baldwin led the league in TD receptions last year.  

Their run game has suffered, yet in that 3 year stretch their worse finish was #4 in rushing in 2013.

Not to mention the quarterback is getting better and coming off a career year. (34 TDs against 8 ints, over 4000 yards passing and 68.1 percent completion).

I'm not scared of them either, but by any measure, that offense has gotten better since they won the title in 2013.

It's changed in a way that makes them look better on paper, but I don't agree that it's better. I suspect their defense is more the reason for their yardage numbers than anything. I could be wrong though.

As for this, we'll see. I just think people are overestimating them. I might say I'm more worried about the Raiders and Rams than the Hawks; they aren't the unbeatable team people seem to think. 

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

Predicting each game before the season even starts is pointless. But, I think the Falcons will get around 7 to 9 wins this year. They will win some big games, lose some as well. They are talented enough to play with anyone. But I'm not sure the consistency is there just yet 

This is all the stock market is - a bunch a guys trying to predict the futures of corporations based on current knowledge.

Just now, jlrfalcon said:

This is all the stock market is - a bunch a guys trying to predict the futures of corporations based on current knowledge.

Right, but people saying things like "I don't trust us to beat Rodgers," is an assumption that the Packers will be a great team. How do we know Rodgers even plays in that game at all? Maybe he suffers a concussion that keeps him out for 1 game. Maybe Ryan does. You really don't know anything about games until that particular week