Ball State @ Ga State

AF89

52 minutes ago, atl falcon 89 said:

You clicked on thread WoR, admit it your curious despite your better judgment;)

I will definitely watch tonight if I remember to. 

I've always felt terrible that I could never give two ***** about GSU athletics lol. 

If I watch tonight.....it'll be the third gsu football game I've ever seen. 

2 hours ago, WORilla said:

I will definitely watch tonight if I remember to. 

I've always felt terrible that I could never give two ***** about GSU athletics lol. 

If I watch tonight.....it'll be the third gsu football game I've ever seen. 

If GSU(n) can come into the GSU(s) game with 6 wins or so (tough but not impossible) the lower dome is gonna be rocking.

Do yourself a favor,  nov 19th go to Walmart get you a $5 dollar panther shirt and come to the Dome. UGA's playing the the Cajuns or something so no excuses. I hate you guys but after the year they had last year they deserve the support.  (And I want someone on the board I can talk internetz smack too :p )

1 hour ago, atl falcon 89 said:

If GSU(n) can come into the GSU(s) game with 6 wins or so (tough but not impossible) the lower dome is gonna be rocking.

Do yourself a favor,  nov 19th go to Walmart get you a $5 dollar panther shirt and come to the Dome. UGA's playing the the Cajuns or something so no excuses. I hate you guys but after the year they had last year they deserve the support.  (And I want someone on the board I can talk internetz smack too :p )

Nov 19th. I can do that. 

I think I'll be much more excited when GSU gets their own stadium. There's just something about playing in the dome that kills all my school spirit. 

42 minutes ago, atl falcon 89 said:

The talent recruiting area + alumni size (you guys have like twice the alumni of Auburn) could equal something special if the team can stay relevant and they can get some support.

But is the quality of alumni the same? There's a different connection for the Auburn grad who sees their school as a place of great memories from their youth and many GA State grads who just view their's as a place they went to night school in their 30s. 

33 minutes ago, atl falcon 89 said:

The talent recruiting area + alumni size (you guys have like twice the alumni of Auburn) could equal something special if the team can stay relevant and they can get some support.

The problem is that EVERYBODY recruits this area so the competition for good players is fierce.  I think they can build into a pretty solid "mid-major" program but it will take time. If they keep making bowl games better local players will take notice. 

11 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

But is the quality of alumni the same? There's a different connection for the Auburn grad who sees their school as a place of great memories from their youth and many GA State grads who just view it as a place they went to night school in their 30s. 

Oh no its not even close to being the same type of pride. I'm just saying the sheer numbers are there for SOMETHING to show up.  2nd biggest base in the state and it's like Gwinnett College out there sometimes.

11 minutes ago, frankly88 said:

The problem is that EVERYBODY recruits this area so the competition for good players is fierce.  I think they can build into a pretty solid "mid-major" program but it will take time. If they keep making bowl games better local players will take notice. 

Solid mid major is probably their celing im just saying the tools are there. Southern as has done some nice things with kids from Atlanta who don't want to be career backups at bigger schools. As a matter of fact so has App St.

Just now, atl falcon 89 said:

Solid mid major is probably their celing im just saying the tools are there. Southern as has done some nice things with kids from Atlanta who don't want to be career backups at bigger schools. As a matter of fact so has App St.

Agreed.  It may also help once they rebuild Turner field into their own stadium.

8 minutes ago, atl falcon 89 said:

It's a testament of how strong a football state Georgia is when after all of the SEC teams get their players, teams like Georgia Southern and App State can still field good teams.

Of course, Georgia Southern has a pretty good pipeline in Florida too.

12 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

It's a testament of how strong a football state Georgia is when after all of the SEC teams get their players teams like Georgia Southern and App State can still field good teams.

Of course, Georgia Southern has a pretty good pipeline in Florida too.

Yep not just SEC, but the ACC,  Conf USA and Sunbelt all have schools that target Georgia/Atlanta heavily