How was Capi?

AndySG

Only looked at the box score. 3 solo tackles, 2 assists and a sack sounds pretty good. Did he look impressive or was it just "week 4 of preseason"? 

He is probably the most popular UDFA on the roster at the moment and I'm hoping he makes the team. He's not going to be a stud out of the gate but if he could make the roster and get a couple of sacks then that would be a great acquisition. 

He continues to impress me.  Since Friday Night Lights, every time he is in, he fires off the ball and has a lightning quick first step. He caused problems all night for Jax. 

I will be disappointed if he does not make the team. 

There are going to be some really difficult cuts.

4 hours ago, ballfan said:

He continues to impress me.  Since Friday Night Lights, every time he is in, he fires off the ball and has a lightning quick first step. He caused problems all night for Jax. 

I will be disappointed if he does not make the team. 

There are going to be some really difficult cuts.

Yep Capi, Robinson, and McKissic are my roster locks

Everyone knows I vouched for him a few weeks ago with a topic and some film of his college days...

#96 kept flashing at me each game.  His strength and ability to affect the passer showed up consistently.

Even when he was fought to a draw against a tackle, he was working the **** out of him & he came very close on several occasions where he was quite close to getting his hands on the QB.  

I do realize it was backups but he made me notice him.

13 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

The question is whose spot would he take?  

I think it's somewhat likely that we keep 10 defensive linemen.  

In the 10 scenario, it could look something like: Reed, Clayborn, Freeney, Shelby, Hageman, Jackson, Jarrett, Babineaux and then

Only 2 of Mbu / Upshaw / Capi / Starr / Goodman / Johnson.  My personal choices would be Mbu and Capi, just based on preseason play.  

Very interesting to see what we do across the DL, though, and who we try to stash on the practice squad.

2 minutes ago, virginiafalcon said:

I think it's pretty likely that we keep 10 defensive linemen.  11 seems unlikely, though.

In the 10 scenario, it could look something like: Reed, Clayborn, Freeney, Shelby, Hageman, Jackson, Jarrett, Babineaux and then

Only 1 of Mbu / Upshaw / Capi / Starr / Goodman / Johnson.  My personal choice would be Mbu or maybe Upshaw, because I feel DT depth is lacking.  

Very interesting to see what we do across the DL, though, and who we try to stash on the practice squad.

I think you listed 8, so then wouldn't it be 2 of following: Mbu / Upshaw / Capi / Starr / Goodman / Johnson ?

5 minutes ago, virginiafalcon said:

I think it's somewhat likely that we keep 10 defensive linemen.  

Only 2 of Mbu / Upshaw / Capi / Starr / Goodman / Johnson.  My personal choices would be Mbu and Capi, just based on preseason play.  

very tough decisions,  for me I liked both Capi and Johnson over the rest, but dont think Johnson makes roster, hopefully the PS, those two looked good together but again against the 2nd and 3rd teams

1 minute ago, Slappywhite said:

very tough decisions,  for me I liked both Capi and Johnson over the rest, but dont think Johnson makes roster, hopefully the PS, those two looked good together but again against the 2nd and 3rd teams

Yeah, my big fear for Capi is that if we try to keep him on the PS, he gets poached by another team starved for pass rushers (like Dallas, maybe).

3 minutes ago, Falcon Ben said:

Upshaw was all over the place last night. 

Upshaw has definitely looked better and better with each preseason game.  Given his salary, it's possible we do keep him, and maybe try to stash Mbu on the practice squad again.

I have to think we keep four defensive tackles overall, though, not counting Hageman.  We can't have only Jarrett, Jackson, and Babs in case someone gets hurt, so I personally think we're definitely keeping Mbu or Upshaw.

Just now, virginiafalcon said:

Upshaw has definitely looked better and better with each preseason game.  Given his salary, it's possible we do keep him, and maybe try to stash Mbu on the practice squad again.

I have to think we keep four defensive tackles overall, though, not counting Hageman.  We can't have only Jarrett, Jackson, and Babs in case someone gets hurt, so I personally think we're definitely keeping Mbu or Upshaw.

Joey may have been injured last night, which would seal the deal. 

Just now, virginiafalcon said:

Yeah.  :-\  He posted on Twitter that it's just a bruise / contusion, and that all it would do is make him not able to play FIFA that night.  But it could be that excuse the staff needs to pick Upshaw over him.

Good to hear it doesn't sound serious, he looked like he was in some serious pain last night. 

You also have to take into consideration that Upshaw has some considerable flexibility. He can probably play anywhere on the line, and even line up as a SAM/LEO in big packages or in an emergency injury situation.