Totally Random thought

RYNE

Just wanted to bring some different type of discussion into this boring time. Seems like every post is the same right now. I hate the 4th preseason and the off week before the year kicks off. I was just thinking back to happy times when we had our good run in 2012 and made it to the NFC championship game and basically had the 49ers beat before blowing the lead late in the game. 

Then I was thinking about who we drafted in the next draft which was Desmond Trufant. 

Just think about what kind of difference 4 months could have made? If you dropped Dunta Robinson off that 2013 NFC title game team and put Trufant on there. Would that have been enough to bring that Super Bowl trophy to Atlanta?

There are a lot of factors that would have played into it obviously. And I know it's kind of stupid, and doesn't really matter to say what if....  but it kind of makes you think. 

Hopefully we can get this thing on track. From what I've seen so far this preseason I think it is looking like a 7-9 type of season. 

33 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I don't see us regressing in the 2nd year of a system with added talent.  

I can easily see us progressing/being a better team in the two systems and ending up with around the same record as last year or worse. I don't think we will but I can see it.

9 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I'm going with at least 9 wins.  10 wouldn't surprise me.  

Swap the numbers around and it's where I'm at. I'm thinking wild card but I wouldn't be shocked at 7-9 or 8-8 again. I honestly think we can have some progress as a team this year and end up with a worse or the same record as last year though. I don't put much stock in strength of schedule but starting the season off with 2 division games and 4 road games is a tough row to hoe. We'll know where we stand pretty quickly.

2 hours ago, RYNE said:

Just wanted to bring some different type of discussion into this boring time. Seems like every post is the same right now. I hate the 4th preseason and the off week before the year kicks off. I was just thinking back to happy times when we had our good run in 2012 and made it to the NFC championship game and basically had the 49ers beat before blowing the lead late in the game. 

Then I was thinking about who we drafted in the next draft which was Desmond Trufant. 

Just think about what kind of difference 4 months could have made? If you dropped Dunta Robinson off that 2013 NFC title game team and put Trufant on there. Would that have been enough to bring that Super Bowl trophy to Atlanta?

There are a lot of factors that would have played into it obviously. And I know it's kind of stupid, and doesn't really matter to say what if....  but it kind of makes you think. 

Hopefully we can get this thing on track. From what I've seen so far this preseason I think it is looking like a 7-9 type of season. 

I don't know. When I look back at that game, there were some turning points that really sunk the Falcons. The red zone fumble from Ryan was critical, because the Falcons were driving with confidence. Then there was a really tricky tack (BS) penalty on a 3rd and long, I think it was on Babineaux for literally brushing Kaepernick's facemark with a finger tip that gave SF a new set of downs, and led to a score. I recall seeing a replay that showed just about the same scenario with Ryan on one occasion that wasn't called. Then there were a multitude of defensive lapses that allowed SF to get back in the game. That game may be more painful than the 80's loss to the Cowboys for me.

3 hours ago, 4dabirds said:

I don't know. When I look back at that game, there were some turning points that really sunk the Falcons. The red zone fumble from Ryan was critical, because the Falcons were driving with confidence. Then there was a really tricky tack (BS) penalty on a 3rd and long, I think it was on Babineaux for literally brushing Kaepernick's facemark with a finger tip that gave SF a new set of downs, and led to a score. I recall seeing a replay that showed just about the same scenario with Ryan on one occasion that wasn't called. Then there were a multitude of defensive lapses that allowed SF to get back in the game. That game may be more painful than the 80's loss to the Cowboys for me.

Don't forget when one of our D-linemen retaliated and planted an O-lineman into the turf right in front of a referee. That negated a three-and-out like that BS hands to the face penalty did. If either of those don't happen or we kick a field goal when Ryan had the unforced fumble, we would have won those games. There, now I'm as mad as I was back then.

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, RYNE said:

Coming from a huge Ryan fan I see him having a repeat of last year if not worse. I had us going 8-8 now 5-11 the only good that comes from that will be getting Shanahan the **** out of here. We need a OC that fits Ryan game.

On 8/31/2016 at 0:49 AM, 4dabirds said:

Wow, I felt pain, BUT no, no, nothing like 1980! LOL! How depressing it was.

That's why I cried prior to the only SB the Falcons made it to.......Wasn't expecting a big win, but was hopeful. Thanks Robinson.....Er, and Elway.