Billy Ocean

Vacation & Travel Thread

174 posts in this topic

Didn't know where else to ***** about this at but it kind of fits here.

So I took a few days of vacation to go and visit my sister up in the Charleston area...and HOLY **** do South Carolina roads suck. I swear I took a few thousand miles off of the tires riding on those interstates. I live out in the sticks and I swear my little country road is in better shape.

falconsd56 likes this

11 hours ago, Jpowers said:

Didn't know where else to ***** about this at but it kind of fits here.

So I took a few days of vacation to go and visit my sister up in the Charleston area...and HOLY **** do South Carolina roads suck. I swear I took a few thousand miles off of the tires riding on those interstates. I live out in the sticks and I swear my little country road is in better shape.

For a longtime Virginia debated having the lottery.  They finally got VA residents to vote for it because a lot of the money would go to roads and schools.  Those thing are still bad.  South Carolina should be investigated for their lottery system because all lotteries say that's what the money is for.  

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 3:14 PM, falconsd56 said:

That is very cool...Italy is on places that I have to visit.

I have been all over the US but never out of the country

When you get ready to start planning, feel free to hit me up: I've been there dozens of times and will be glad to share my experiences, etc.

Took my 23 yr old grandson out to San Francisco for a long weekend June 23-26, his first West Coast trip. In addition to the normal tourist things (Chinatown, North Beach, Fisherman's Wharf, Alcatraz, etc.) we did a 20+ mile bike ride around the city, which turned out to be one of the best things I've done there.   Last weekend my wife and I took our 13 and 18 year old granddaughters to SF and surprised them with a catamaran trip around SF Bay, where we came across a pod of humpback whales who put on a terrific display for us!  Heading to Boston next week for a few days, then a few days back in ATL before we're off to Berlin for a week where we'll enjoy the annual Berlin International Beer Festival.  Retirement rocks. :D

20 hours ago, NewFalcon said:

Took my 23 yr old grandson out to San Francisco for a long weekend June 23-26, his first West Coast trip. In addition to the normal tourist things (Chinatown, North Beach, Fisherman's Wharf, Alcatraz, etc.) we did a 20+ mile bike ride around the city, which turned out to be one of the best things I've done there.   Last weekend my wife and I took our 13 and 18 year old granddaughters to SF and surprised them with a catamaran trip around SF Bay, where we came across a pod of humpback whales who put on a terrific display for us!  Heading to Boston next week for a few days, then a few days back in ATL before we're off to Berlin for a week where we'll enjoy the annual Berlin International Beer Festival.  Retirement rocks. :D

73 men sailed up from the San Franciso Bay

NewFalcon likes this

We have been in San Diego since friday.

Yesterday was a full day of Balboa Park and museums....the History of Man and the Natural History museum....I highly recommend both.

The History of man in particular is very very impressive

NewFalcon likes this

2 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

73 men sailed up from the San Franciso Bay

Ironically, the weekend we were in SF it was Pride Week, so there were lots more than 73 men sailing someplace.....just sayin'....  ;-)

WhenFalconsWin likes this

3 hours ago, NewFalcon said:

Ironically, the weekend we were in SF it was Pride Week, so there were lots more than 73 men sailing someplace.....just sayin'....  ;-)

We went to WDW in June of last year.  The particular week we went was during the "Gay Days" as it's called.  We were at a couple of the parks for the designated days and it really wasn't bad.  About the worst we witnessed were couples holding hands.  I really didn't know what to expect from the happiest people on earth at the happiest place on earth.

NewFalcon likes this

On 6/22/2017 at 2:54 PM, JDaveG said:

You're missing out.  Cour d'Alene is one of the prettiest spots on this planet.  And the Snake River has some outstanding scenery and fishing.  Idaho is fantastic.

I took the drive again recently and realized that I traveled through Cour d'Alene to get too Bonner's ferry.  I never new this was the amazing place I drove through.  The lakes and mountains were all beautiful with snow blanketing everything except the water.

JDaveG likes this

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:09 AM, WhenFalconsWin said:

I'm leaving lake Anna on Friday...not quite the same.  Enjoy Billy.

If you bass fish, I'll take a few after you cleaned and bagged them up. :lol:

9 hours ago, big_dog said:

If you bass fish, I'll take a few after you cleaned and bagged them up. :lol:

I catch and release most of the time unless my 96 year old father wants some.

9 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I catch and release most of the time unless my 96 year old father wants some.

God bless your dad. He obviously found the secret to a long happy life. :mmmhmm:

WhenFalconsWin likes this

Let's revive this now that summer is over and fall is on its way.  I didn't go anywhere over the summer, but did take a long weekend to the Smoky Mountains with a couple of photographer buddies.  I'm leaving next week to stop in St. Augustine, Fl for a day to visit family before heading to Disney with the family for a week.  What about you guys?  Any good trips that you've been on or have coming up?

Billy Ocean likes this

Since October 2017 I've:

- Spent two weeks traveling in Oxford/London, then to Freiburg, Germany, then ten days in Tuscany.

- Spent a long weekend in Vegas, then flew to Hawaii for a week from Vegas.

- Spent two weeks traveling in Sweden, then the Azores

- Spent five days in upstate NY for the baseball hall of fame weekend.

I'm tired, but not too tired to go to Hawaii for 10 days for Christmas

Billy Ocean likes this

3 hours ago, mookie3127 said:

Let's revive this now that summer is over and fall is on its way.  I didn't go anywhere over the summer, but did take a long weekend to the Smoky Mountains with a couple of photographer buddies.  I'm leaving next week to stop in St. Augustine, Fl for a day to visit family before heading to Disney with the family for a week.  What about you guys?  Any good trips that you've been on or have coming up?

Spending Fall Break at Jekyll Island for some biking and golfing.  Gosh it's so inexpensive there!!   

Domed Outter likes this

Taking my wife to Rome  ,Florence and Venice in October. We will be with a tour group most of the time ,anybody have recommendations on things to see or do ? Spending 4 nights in each city.

Been on a road trip for the last two weeks.  Started in Salt Lake City, traveled the scenic byways (and fishing) up to Missoula, then over to Coeur D’Alene, up to Seattle for a few days, and now I’m spending the next two weeks doing the West Coast Highway all the way to L.A.  Stopping over in Oregon for some salmon fishing, of course.  Then finishing the trip with a few days in Vegas and a few days in the Colorado Rockies.  

Washington -> Oregon -> California -> Nevada -> Colorado

Highway 420 the entire trip.  :D

SpongeDad likes this

Wifey and I just returned to Atl from Foxboro where we saw the Pats play the Dolphins. Words can't express the jubilant jam packed Gillette Stadium (before and after) and the awesome support those fans show their team. Not one empty seat even up in the nosebleed section. Kraft addressed the crowd from a stage at halftime. Fans were super friendly around us. Can't wait to return next year. What an experience.