Billy Ocean

Vacation & Travel Thread

174 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, mookie3127 said:

Just got back from my trip to Wyoming and it was fantastic.  Captured a couple of "once in a lifetime" images (for me anyway).  That part of the country is breathtakingly gorgeous.  If you haven't been, I'd strongly encourage you to check it out.

What part?   I've visited Cheyenne and it was beautiful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, mfaulk57158 said:

What part?   I've visited Cheyenne and it was beautiful.

Stayed in Jackson Hole and did the photography tourist thing with a couple of buddies.  Went into Yellowstone a couple of days and wanted to bash some skulls by the time I left.  :D

NewFalcon and mfaulk57158 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mookie3127 said:

Just got back from my trip to Wyoming and it was fantastic.  Captured a couple of "once in a lifetime" images (for me anyway).  That part of the country is breathtakingly gorgeous.  If you haven't been, I'd strongly encourage you to check it out.

Yeah that part of the country is amazing.

About 3 years ago I drove from Washington state to the gulf coast in Alabama and I took 90 for most of it.......Washington,Idaho,Montana.....all just stunning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2017 at 7:21 PM, falconsd56 said:

Yeah that part of the country is amazing.

About 3 years ago I drove from Washington state to the gulf coast in Alabama and I took 90 for most of it.......Washington,Idaho,Montana.....all just stunning.

I was always told to avoid Idaho at all cost, but I've flown over it many times!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

I was always told to avoid Idaho at all cost, but I've flown over it may times!

I've been to Washington state, haven't heard the Idaho thing.  What's up with Idaho?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

I was always told to avoid Idaho at all cost, but I've flown over it may times!

You're missing out.  Cour d'Alene is one of the prettiest spots on this planet.  And the Snake River has some outstanding scenery and fishing.  Idaho is fantastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

I've been to Washington state, haven't heard the Idaho thing.  What's up with Idaho?  

I was told that's were all the white supremacist mofos lived, then when Bernie got his azz handed to him in SC and the south, I realized a lot of them were dems and lived on the east coast!!!  I might go out there now!!  :lol::lol:

WhenFalconsWin likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

I was always told to avoid Idaho at all cost, but I've flown over it may times!

Why is that??

 

I loved it...it was breathtaking ...I would move there but A I hate that kind of cold and B it rivals only utah in the amount of mormons.....and I am not big into huper religious areas.

 

mfaulk57158 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Andrews_31 said:

I was told that's were all the white supremacist mofos lived, then when Bernie got his azz handed to him in SC and the south, I realized a lot of them were dems and lived on the east coast!!!  I might go out there now!!  :lol::lol:

Gotcha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

You're missing out.  Cour d'Alene is one of the prettiest spots on this planet.  And the Snake River has some outstanding scenery and fishing.  Idaho is fantastic.

Yeah, might go to the Snake River to see where Evel Knievel misjudged the other side of that river!   :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

Why is that??

 

I loved it...it was breathtaking ...I would move there but A I hate that kind of cold and B it rivals only utah in the amount of mormons.....and I am not big into huper religious areas.

 

For real, I might go out there now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Andrews_31 said:

For real, I might go out there now!

Yeah dude you should.....if you are big into outdoors....even if you are not..if you appreciate natural beauty it is one of the best places I have even been.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Yeah dude you should.....if you are big into outdoors....even if you are not..if you appreciate natural beauty it is one of the best places I have even been.

Not necessarily into outdoors, but I do have a lot of places that I want to visit and can really appreciate the outdoors.  As for natural beauty, Lake Como Italy blew me away!  My wife STILL talks about it, and we're planning on going back.

 

Edit:  One of the STAR WARS movies (forgot which one, but I "think" it was the first prequel) made me want to visit Lake Como.  I was like "where did they film that scene?"  I was told it was Lake Como, and I knew I had to go!

NewFalcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

You're missing out.  Cour d'Alene is one of the prettiest spots on this planet.  And the Snake River has some outstanding scenery and fishing.  Idaho is fantastic.

Bonner's ferry is the most beautiful place I've ever scene not located near a beach.  I took a drive from Seattle to Bonner's ferry a few years and decided that's where I will retire.  

falconsd56 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

Not necessarily into outdoors, but I do have a lot of places that I want to visit and can really appreciate the outdoors.  As for natural beauty, Lake Como Italy blew me away!  My wife STILL talks about it, and we're planning on going back.

 

Edit:  One of the STAR WARS movies (forgot which one, but I "think" it was the first prequel) made me want to visit Lake Como.  I was like "where did they film that scene?"  I was told it was Lake Como, and I knew I had to go!

That is very cool...Italy is on places that I have to visit.

I have been all over the US but never out of the country

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We went over to Idaho to photograph a "falling in" hops barn last week.  The Teton pass was gorgeous with some downright spectacular views.  We found the barn and it's ended up being one of my favorite images that I've processed so far.  The friends that I went with swore by a little country stores huckleberry milkshakes.  They're evidently a big thing out that way.

JDaveG and falconsd56 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, mookie3127 said:

We went over to Idaho to photograph a "falling in" hops barn last week.  The Teton pass was gorgeous with some downright spectacular views.  We found the barn and it's ended up being one of my favorite images that I've processed so far.  The friends that I went with swore by a little country stores huckleberry milkshakes.  They're evidently a big thing out that way.

Well, the Huckleberry milkshake? Did you get one?  How was it?  What is in it exactly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Well, the Huckleberry milkshake? Did you get one?  How was it?  What is in it exactly?

I didn't partake.  My stomach can be a volatile game of minesweeper with lactose products at times, so I didn't chance it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mookie3127 said:

I didn't partake.  My stomach can be a volatile game of minesweeper with lactose products at times, so I didn't chance it.

Wise, and I'm sorry I asked.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Well, the Huckleberry milkshake? Did you get one?  How was it?  What is in it exactly?

Pumpkin and huckleberry ice cream out in Seattle. Interesting combination!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-6-22 at 9:14 PM, falconsd56 said:

That is very cool...Italy is on places that I have to visit.

I have been all over the US but never out of the country

Currently in Sardinia. Clear water, plenty of heat, good food and the women are classy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2017 at 2:55 PM, Andrews_31 said:

I was told that's were all the white supremacist mofos lived

Naw, dude. That's Boston :ninja:

Andrews_31 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now