#18 Georgia vs #22 North Carolina

Carter

Well..... it's happening!! We are now less than a week away from GAME DAY!!

So as per usual, I thought we should get the thread started for talking about this weeks game.

It looks as if the starting QB job for the Dawgs is Jacob Eason's to lose. Kirby Smart has not made the announcement yet, but it seems pretty obvious from practice reports. Some notes from the pay sites have said that unnamed players on the team have indicated that Eason is the guy, but Lambert is going to be on short notice if Eason struggles. For whatever that's worth.

Chubb looks to be 100% but there isn't a definitive word on Michel. Freshmen RB's Holyfield and Herrien have been impressive in camp, so Michel may have the luxury of time to get his arm healed up. With one of the best in the business now coaching UGA's offensive line, it will be exciting to watch how the running game performs. UNC gave up a lot of rushing yards last year and only really have top caliber players on d at the cornerback position. UGA should find some good success on the ground, but Eason will be facing a respectable tandem of corners when he gets called on.

North Carolina is probably going to have a nasty offense this year, so if the Dawgs defense (which is not all that experienced in the front 7) gets ran around on the field it may just be a sobering reminder of the growing pains we'll need to be patient with as inexperienced players are learning a new defensive system. I am not expecting it to be a shootout type of game, but who really knows. UNC lost its opening matchup against a terrible South Carolina team last year and closed the season getting drubbed by Baylor, despite giving Clemson a decent scare.

It's less than a week away now.... that just feels amazing. I can smell it in the air. FOOTBALL IS BACK!!

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worry about how aware NC is of last yrs start and how big this game is for them... I think our d should be better than most of yall think- I guess I'm a Homer, our recievers should be good as well between stanley, ridley, Goodwin, Davis, mckenzie, and maybe wims, and others like chigbu, simmons, we have talent there and if they actually (unlike many of the previous richt yers) come out prepared and ready to play day 1 we will be good- just gotta get thru the NC dangerous game, and for gods sakes stay healthy

1 hour ago, MemphibianDawg said:

We may hate Saban but we certainly don't hate his results. :D

We're hoping that, one day, after the game in early December in Atlanta, Bama fans will look across the field at our Saban clone and think "You're so pretty when you're unfaithful to me".

Pixies?

11 minutes ago, Carter said:

He doesn't conduct himself like a 1st time head coach. Guy knows what he wants and how to get it. Just hope the winning follows suit.

Give it time. He's not lying when he talks about depth issues. Richt didn't leave you guys in great shape. Kirby knows talent. He's recruited it and coached it. The Dawgs need a few more draft classes. He'll get them though. Dude can recruit. Sell. He learned from the best and has already proven it. Flipping recruits left and right...

16 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Give it time. He's not lying when he talks about depth issues. Richt didn't leave you guys in great shape. Kirby knows talent. He's recruited it and coached it. The Dawgs need a few more draft classes. He'll get them though. Dude can recruit. Sell. He learned from the best and has already proven it. Flipping recruits left and right...

Yeah I'm more optimistic just on the fact we finally got a true S&C staff, plus a great offensive line coach. I'm pretty grounded regarding this season. The future is brighter than ever though.

UNC will be a big opening test.

Greatly appreciate CMR I really do,but I'm totally stoked to see how the Dawgs play and respond to CKS. While the Falcons look a little bit like the same old birds here's hoping, the Bulldogs establish a little bit more violent playing personality within the rules of course. Yes run the ball a bit,but I expect heavy dose of play action something Eason seems to excel at. On defense they really need to tap into that inner junkyard dog to overcome thier inexperience. As LT said I want you coming out there like a bunch of crazed dogs. Can not wait.....