Trust when I say Quinn knows he will have to get creative to get the most out this defense.

Macintez

We will keep Dan Quinn here, he is a true head coach in every sense of the word. He knows how to develop talent and he's starting to do that here. No coach in this league, Bill Belichick included, could turn this defense around day one.

So, stop with all this gloom and doom crap. It's the preseason. We have weeks and weeks to turn this around. I don't mind being knocked down this early either; I know the whole team is doing some soul searching after that performance in Miami. Get it out the way during the preseason and hit the regular season with a different attitude.

I know everyone has a standard to which they judge defenses, and it's normally one of the best they've seen. But, Quinn hasn't even officially began year 2. 

Think about it... He hasn't even officially began his second season yet but a lot are pissed and underwhelmed. I know we haven't seen that gradual progression of Beasley, but he is still adjusting to the pro game.

Beasley is one of those players that the biggest adjustment he will have to make is his mind set. Keep in mind dude is still a kid playing in a league of grown men. I hate it's starting to show on the field too but let this season play out because the first 3 years are all about constant progression.

But for the rest of the defense? Don't expect one that will get us 40 sacks. It will probably be closer to the 2012 defense where we will force a bunch of turnovers until the pass rush comes around.

I really don't actually think Quinn is worried after the Miami game. He very well could have been just testing stuff. It was just preseason. It's not Quinn building the defense that's a concern for me. He's making it happen. He took over the leagues worst defense. He deserves time to build it. My worry is Shanahan and if this is really the right offense 

5 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I really don't actually think Quinn is worried after the Miami game. He very well could have been just testing stuff. It was just preseason. It's not Quinn building the defense that's a concern for me. He's making it happen. He took over the leagues worst defense. He deserves time to build it. My worry is Shanahan and if this is really the right offense 

Man, I actually feel the opposite. The offense looked terrible in Miami don't get me wrong. But I have faith in Matt Ryan making Shanahan look like a genius in this offense. I seen Matt escape pressure a few times and he did it decisively. Matt will be a lot more mobile and assertive this year. You have to be in this league now. The Matt Ryan from the 2014 season opener against the Saints is the Matt Ryan I want to see and with this offense I think he can play like that an entire year.

1 minute ago, Macintez said:

Man, I actually feel the opposite. The offense looked terrible in Miami don't get me wrong. But I have faith in Matt Ryan making Shanahan look like a genius in this offense. I seen Matt escape pressure a few times and he did it decisively. Matt will be a lot more mobile and assertive this year. You have to be in this league now. The Matt Ryan from the 2014 season opener against the Saints is the Matt Ryan I want to see and with this offense I think he can play like that an entire year.

I hope so man. Because the offense succeeding is more vital than the defense succeeding right now. This particular defenses ceiling is about 13th and 14th. The offense has the talent to be top 5. If they underachieve it will cost the team more significantly IMO

5 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I hope so man. Because the offense succeeding is more vital than the defense succeeding right now. This particular defenses ceiling is about 13th and 14th. The offense has the talent to be top 5. If they underachieve it will cost the team more significantly IMO

You are right about that. I'm hoping this offense can be top 5. It will have to be for us to be a playoff team and contender.

18 hours ago, Macintez said:

We will keep Dan Quinn here, he is a true head coach in every sense of the word. He knows how to develop talent and he's starting to do that here. No coach in this league, Bill Belichick included, could turn this defense around day one.

So, stop with all this gloom and doom crap. It's the preseason. We have weeks and weeks to turn this around. I don't mind being knocked down this early either; I know the whole team is doing some soul searching after that performance in Miami. Get it out the way during the preseason and hit the regular season with a different attitude.

I know everyone has a standard to which they judge defenses, and it's normally one of the best they've seen. But, Quinn hasn't even officially began year 2. 

Think about it... He hasn't even officially began his second season yet but a lot are pissed and underwhelmed. I know we haven't seen that gradual progression of Beasley, but he is still adjusting to the pro game.

Beasley is one of those players that the biggest adjustment he will have to make is his mind set. Keep in mind dude is still a kid playing in a league of grown men. I hate it's starting to show on the field too but let this season play out because the first 3 years are all about constant progression.

But for the rest of the defense? Don't expect one that will get us 40 sacks. It will probably be closer to the 2012 defense where we will force a bunch of turnovers until the pass rush comes around.

I think DQ is a natural optimist and very enthusiastic guy. He LIKES his players and they give him real effort. but as a head coach, if you are highly optimistic and you are dealing with real issues of talent,  you're going to pay a price if and when the team does badly. I was glad to hear him say after Miami that they had opportunities to teach and learn. With this schedule and our youth, it's just a good time to watch guys grow and break through. 

29 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Then everyone would start complaining about running the ball too much.  You know how it is around here.  No one likes the offensive coordinator until he goes off and starts having success with another team.

I notice. They hated Mularkey until he was gone. Then they loved Koetter until we fell off, now Koetter was the joint now that Kyle is here. Its insane man.

Just now, Knight of God said:

If you're running the ball that much, the other team is lucky to score 10.

Tell that to teams like Green Bay and New England. We'll pile up 3 and outs while they'll score TD's in response. That and lack of defense killed the Mike Smith Era.

7 minutes ago, Macintez said:

If you don't have a great defense like Denver or Seattle, you better be able to score at least 27 points a game. If you're running the ball that much you would be lucky to score 17 lol

I said this when people were complaining about Koetter abandoning the run.  You can't drain all the clock running the ball when your defense is letting them score on every drive.