Falcons Fans - Need Your Advice re Devonta Freeman

DFlo

Hey guys,

I've been wrestling over a fantasy football keeper league trade with Devonta Freeman.

Figured who better to ask for advice than Falcons fans. 

The offer is my Devonta Freeman for his Aaron Rodgers. This a 0.5ppr league with 6pt passing TDs.

Should I hop off the Devonta train and cash in for Aaron Rodgers now? Or Keep Devonta?

Would your answer change if I get Aaron Rodgers + Demarco Murray?

We get only 5 keepers + 1 rookie and re-draft everyone else + rookies.

This year I would be keeping LeSean McCoy, Devonta Freeman, Sammy Watkins, Travis Kelce, Kevin White (R) and John Brown.

If I got ARod I would keep McCoy, Watkins, Kelce, KWhite (R), John Brown, and ARod

If I got ARod and Murray I might keep McCoy, Watkins, Kelce, KWhite (R), ARod, and (Demarco Murray or John Brown)

5 minutes ago, DFlo said:

Bump, any advice?

Honestly, I think you could get pretty close to Rogers' FANTASY production out of Bortles or maybe even Carr, but you'll not get close to Devonta's production out of any draftable rb's...

Also, in pure fantasy football sense, Devonta is a first round pick while Rogers is a second round pick...

In a keeper/dynasty league QB and WR hold a significantly higher value than RB due to durability issues .

I have Devonta Freeman in a keeper league and would trade him in a second for a AROD D. Murray combo.

Freeman will ball out this year, but I think AROD and Murray together will netake you more total points.

Plus Murray is with Mularkey now and will be running his arse off.  I say take the trade and dont look back.

4 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

Honestly, I think you could get pretty close to Rogers' FANTASY production out of Bortles or maybe even Carr, but you'll not get close to Devonta's production out of any draftable rb's...

Also, in pure fantasy football sense, Devonta is a first round pick while Rogers is a second round pick...

I wouldn't even get Rogers in the 2nd

1 hour ago, Sui_Generis said:

In a keeper/dynasty league QB and WR hold a significantly higher value than RB due to durability issues .

I have Devonta Freeman Rodgers +a keeper league and would trade him in a second for a AROD D. Murray combo.

Freeman will ball out this year, but I think AROD and Murray together will netake you more total points.

Plus Murray is with Mularkey now and will be running his arse off.  I say take the trade and dont look back.

Rodgers + Murray  YES; Rodgers by himself NO...

I'd take Rodgers and Murray for Freeman...Rodgers is pretty much as consistent as they get and with Nelson coming back, his numbers will be great...Murray is going to get a lot of carries this year so I see it as a no brainer...Freeman died off at the end of last season but was as hot as they come the first couple of weeks..I think somewhere in the middle with Freeman this year bc teams know he's a threat now

3 hours ago, red falcon said:

Can you explain?

In a dynasty league you keep the same players for the duration of their career unless you trade or cut them.

So the way they figure it is you normally get 10 plus years out of a QB and 6-8 out of a quality running back due to nature of position.

Would you rather get 12 years of Tom Brady production or 6 to 8 of Todd Gurley type?

Also it's way harder to land a franchise qb than a running back. There are breakout running backs almost every year. QB that breakout come farther a few between. Dynasty is more like being a GM instead of just a well versed , one time, lucky fantasy drafter. 

5 minutes ago, Sui_Generis said:

In a dynasty league you keep the same players for the duration of their career unless you trade or cut them.

So the way they figure it is you normally get 10 plus years out of a QB and 6-8 out of a quality running back due to nature of position.

Would you rather get 12 years of Tom Brady production or 6 to 8 of Todd Gurley type?

Also it's way harder to land a franchise qb than a running back. There are breakout running backs almost every year. QB that breakout come farther a few between. Dynasty is more like being a GM instead of just a well versed , one time, lucky fantasy drafter. 

My thought process is the opposite of what you are saying. There are a lot of viable qbs, especially if you can only start 1.  I think you have a better chance  if you have greater depth at wr  and rb which makes your roster stronger. Rather than trading  for an elite qb or drafting 1 early and jeopardizing  depth of your team. I see your points though.

18 minutes ago, red falcon said:

My thought process is the opposite of what you are saying. There are a lot of viable qbs, especially if you can only start 1.  I think you have a better chance  if you have greater depth at wr  and rb which makes your roster stronger. Rather than trading  for an elite qb or drafting 1 early and jeopardizing  depth of your team. I see your points though.

Dynasty is a different animal. But also to your point the league I play dynasty in is a 2 QB league.