Great news, Clayborn's injury not serious, he'll play in opener

gazoo

After I realized Julio was walking around smiling on the sidelines, his was the injury that worried me the most.  He's not the greatest pass rusher in the league, but on this team, he's one of the few legitimate threats.  We can't afford to lose anyone in that pass rush rotation, honestly.

That is indeed great news. Clayborn has looked good this preseason, as has Brooks Reed, as has R Hageman. I think our pass rush is going to be improved and will surprise folks this year ...including beasley and freeney, I think we'llhave a bunch of guys with 5+ sacks this season ....most folks  don't grasp  we don't necessarily need a 10+ sack guy to have a successful pass rush 

11 minutes ago, Vandy said:

That is indeed great news. Clayborn has looked good this preseason, as has Brooks Reed, as has R Hageman. I think our pass rush is going to be improved and will surprise folks this year ...including beasley and freeney, I think we'llhave a bunch of guys with 5+ sacks this season ....most folks  don't grasp  we don't necessarily need a 10+ sack guy to have a successful pass rush 

Other than lack of depth at LB, I don't know why we ever had Reed standing up last season. He is a totally different player, for the better, in this role. It's the same role he played in college at Arizona. 

1 hour ago, mdrake34 said:

Other than lack of depth at LB, I don't know why we ever had Reed standing up last season. He is a totally different player, for the better, in this role. It's the same role he played in college at Arizona. 

Outside of that complete brain fart he had the other night, I completely agree.

2 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

I liked the signing, but you still get a like because I too appreciate him being here. Now more than ever. Our pass rush is still 23 cents short of a quarter.

Freeney really has not been involved much so get ready for a full two bits..........

7 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

I agree, but Reed wouldn't have played well last year at either position due to his chronic groin injury which appears to finally have been solved by last year's surgery (and this year's offseason rehab).