Upgrade TE

quickzero

I honestly believe Austin Hooper will be a great player for us...just not right now. Tamme is what he is...a pedestrian with great hands and ok route running. The Patriots aquired Barkevious Mingo with a 5th round pick...why arent we still trying to uprade? Trade for a balanced TE please. Toilolo, DJ, and Perkins are blocking Tes, while Tamme is the receiving threat. Hooper is balanced and Toilolo should get more looks in the redzone but we really need a viable weapon at TE that can stretch the field and box out defenders

Yall saw thatinterception...Tamme wasnt in the right spot...he was knocked off his route and couldnt even stop the defender from picking the ball off. I like our team...i really do but we could definitely stand to uprade at TE.

4 minutes ago, quickzero said:

I honestly believe Austin Hooper will be a great player for us...just not right now. Tamme is what he is...a pedestrian with great hands and ok route running. The Patriots aquired Barkevious Mingo with a 5th round pick...why arent we still trying to uprade? Trade for a balanced TE please. Toilolo, DJ, and Perkins are blocking Tes, while Tamme is the receiving threat. Hooper is balanced and Toilolo should get more looks in the redzone but we really need a viable weapon at TE that can stretch the field and box out defenders

Yall saw thatinterception...Tamme wasnt in the right spot...he was knocked off his route and couldnt even stop the defender from picking the ball off. I like our team...i really do but we could definitely stand to uprade at TE.

Hooper is the upgrade, but you are right, he will take awhile to get there. In the meantime, Tamme will suffice. We have too many other concerns bigger than TE right now. 

8 minutes ago, Dirtybird56 said:

TE group was real weak last year and kind of is this year. Should be better next year with Hooper's development + a new TE. We shouldn't be trading any picks tho

Yea...probably shouldnt trade any picks now, but we want to win now. Guess we gotta wait for that new TE.

Edited by quickzero

6 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

According to what I just saw on NFL channel, the Pats had to give up their 1st pick in 2017 for Mingo.  But yeah, we could use an upgrade at TE, until Hooper comes around ---

I was wondering why he was so cheap. I honestly think we should trade for James Hanna.

Hooper looked great on the catch he made early on, his hands were extended & he caught the ball away from his body like a pro. It was the prettiest catch by a Falcons TE I have seen since Gonzo...then he fumbled.

Still he looks very good for a rookie TE & once he gets more experience under his belt he'll be a great weapon, hopefully especially in the redzone.

7 minutes ago, quickzero said:

Those other concerns? Pass rush and what else?

Pass rush is still a big concern........ as is future DT ......OG is a concern.....CB is a concern........

We're better at TE than we've been since TG retired. 

Edited by Vandy

3 minutes ago, dozer said:

Hooper looked great on the catch he made early on, his hands were extended & he caught the ball away from his body like a pro. It was the prettiest catch by a Falcons TE I have seen since Gonzo...then he fumbled.

Still he looks very good for a rookie TE & once he gets more experience under his belt he'll be a great weapon, hopefully especially in the redzone.

That was only one catch. I dont know, i mean i like Hooper but I want to see a 'Charles Clay' in this offense.

4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Pass rush is still a big concern........ as is future DT ......OG is a concern.....CB is a concern........

We're better at TE than we've been since TG retired. 

I agree about those concerns but Tamme is our best option at a receiving Te? I just dont know why we cant do better than that.

28 minutes ago, quickzero said:

That was only one catch. I dont know, i mean i like Hooper but I want to see a 'Charles Clay' in this offense.

Me too, but we aren't going to see a rookie TE produce like a 5 year NFL veteran top TE. I guess my point is in a year or two Hooper will be a weapon for the Falcons at TE  & Tamme is the stop gap TE, who fills his role well enough to get by. We all know that the Falcons need more TE  production, especially in the redzone.

46 minutes ago, quickzero said:

Don't forget about that bet. You wanna go ahead and accept defeat now or nah

4 hours ago, dozer said:

Me too, but we aren't going to see a rookie TE produce like a 5 year NFL veteran top TE. I guess my point is in a year or two Hooper will be a weapon for the Falcons at TE  & Tamme is the stop gap TE, who fills his role well enough to get by. We all know that the Falcons need more TE  production, especially in the redzone.

I was just want them to do something for this season. I want to win now.

Hooper will help us down in red zone where Tamme is useless. Hooper is big, strong, long, boxes out defenders and catches balls at the high point........he already has this skill as witnessed in tons of college catches. 

This skill will be immediately avaiIable this year for Hooper, so red zone we are going to see him in there making TD catches. The rest of his game will develop over his rookie season.