Quinn will be fired after this season

TRUju2111

On 8/26/2016 at 1:53 PM, xmarksthespoy said:

Consistency in Coaching staffs is what makes teams winners.  The players have short careers and turnover is fast but keeping the system consistent is key. There will be ebbs and flows but you don't scuttle the ship when you have a spring shower.

THIS ^^^^ is the most intelligent thing said in this thread. Te Steelers have had the same system and philosophy since 1969. Only three coaches in 47 years. They have a prety good success rate.

Edited by Grandyman11

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Grandyman11 said:

THIS ^^^^ is the most intelligent thing said in this thread. Te Steelers have had the same system and philosophy since 1969. Only three coaches in 47 years. They have a prety good success rate.

Well said, you are correct... Quinn will be here long after these fairweather fans are long gone.

1 hour ago, Culain_04 said:

Well said, you are correct... Quinn will be here long after these fairweather fans are long gone.

Not sure about that, but the key to the Steelers success was that the Rooney family was very astute at picking their head coaches starting with Noll. 

Arthur Blank has had checkered success. Mora and Petrino were horrible choices. He fired Reeves after the year Vick was injured, although I only think he should have been relieved of his GM duties. 

Mike Smith was a great hire, a man who developed a ground and pound style that worked with a effective passing game, and a decent enough but developing defense. HOWEVER, how can we forget that Blank overreacted to the Green Bay loss and demanded we get more explosive, which was not Smitty's character. I think this was the downfall of Smitty. He was asked to coach a style that went against his own philosophy and he couldn't. Pin that on Blank. 

Blank is just not a very good owner, no matter his good intentions to bring a winner to Atlanta. Ted Turner eventually learned how to be a great owner. Hope Arthur can sooner than Ted did. 

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 2:13 PM, TheFatboi said:

Since when does a player have to speak ill of a coach just because he's lost the lockeroom? Smith's team was GONE after 2012. Lost most of his faves. Mostly new players that didn't really have allegiance to smith. Plus the fact you could tell the way they played he lost them. Plus I had friends on the team that told me. I hate pulling out the "my friends on the team told me card" but some of you guys force it.

I try to tell yall in a normal football discussion but then you reply with surety and emotional rhetoric. I'm telling you he lost the team. I used to sit with players families every home game. I hear from the wives, brothers, fathers what their player said about the team as well as certain players. No names but yea...lockeroom was lost. Half the team was mad because their friends got sent packing right AFTER playing in the NFCCG. Then the 2014 season. They were gone man. Trust me. 

LOL!  I have friend of a friend who is my friend who said...LOL!     

Edited by nomak

5 hours ago, Grandyman11 said:

Not sure about that, but the key to the Steelers success was that the Rooney family was very astute at picking their head coaches starting with Noll. 

Arthur Blank has had checkered success. Mora and Petrino were horrible choices. He fired Reeves after the year Vick was injured, although I only think he should have been relieved of his GM duties. 

Mike Smith was a great hire, a man who developed a ground and pound style that worked with a effective passing game, and a decent enough but developing defense. HOWEVER, how can we forget that Blank overreacted to the Green Bay loss and demanded we get more explosive, which was not Smitty's character. I think this was the downfall of Smitty. He was asked to coach a style that went against his own philosophy and he couldn't. Pin that on Blank. 

Blank is just not a very good owner, no matter his good intentions to bring a winner to Atlanta. Ted Turner eventually learned how to be a great owner. Hope Arthur can sooner than Ted did. 

Agree 1000%.  The Bucs are going to embarrass us come September.  Quinn was just another Blank hype hire, be honest Quinn simply inherited a very good defense in Washington, all he had to was manage it .  Quinn is allowing this once well respected offense to be one that is no longer a threat to any defense, yes even with Julio.  If he can't be man enough to do something about that but rather chooses to go down with the ship and keep his man...then let'er sink. 

Edited by nomak

2 hours ago, nomak said:

LOL!  I have friend of a friend who is my friend who said...LOL!     

Nah, I think if Fatboi says he's friends with some of these players, I believe him.

What's disturbing, tho, is the reasons he cited for Smith losing the lockeroom.

I mean, the players stopped trying because some of their friends were let go? Half the players talking about the other half?

What a bunch of children.

I was hoping that they would play their heart out for Smith there at the end, but if this is what happened it was time for him to move on.

• 1 month later...
On August 26, 2016 at 10:28 AM, TRUju2111 said:

Well his first move was hiring Shanny, then his biggest move was drafting Beasly..both terrible, both will set this franchise back..this team will be bad for a few more years..lol hes gotta go..Blanks looking at our offense and thinking wtf, looking at D and saying its the same **** pile.

Quinn took over a SB defense and we gave him to much credit for that..hes a lame..who hires Shanny anyways, bad teams that want to be terrible just terrible

How many plates of crow you plan on eating? Might as well make it a buffet at this point 

Some of the old school Quinn haters came out of their caves for this one. With our winning though, they're staying in those caves to brood.

It really is a shame to see previously good posters swear off the team and the board b/c they are just so adamant that a move we made is going to doom the team, as if they've been personally wronged by this somehow.

Not staying anywhere..5-0 last year, year before we started off hot and dismantled TB..I have been excited before..I am very happy now..but come on if you dont think things have a chance of falling apart then you havnt seen our D or ever paid attention to the falcons like ever..if we collapse this post is 100% accurate

21 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

Not staying anywhere..5-0 last year, year before we started off hot and dismantled TB..I have been excited before..I am very happy now..but come on if you dont think things have a chance of falling apart then you havnt seen our D or ever paid attention to the falcons like ever..if we collapse this post is 100% accurate

Oh jeez!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

On 8/26/2016 at 6:17 PM, Falcan Moore said:

HelI no. In just over a year he's transformed our defense from a laughing stock into something I legitimately think will be a top 10 D, and great for years to come. Quinn is the last thing wrong with this team.

Our defense kept us in games last year and that looks to be the case this year if Ryan can't get his sh*t together. "OH but Shanny won't adapt his scheme," like, you guys realize Ryan ran a WCO in college right? Ryan has shellshock from previous years and needs to get over that and be the good QB he's capable of being. This isn't Shanny's fault. I like his play designs and believe he's very capable of making this offense a playoff worthy one.

Quinn isn't the problem, Shanny isn't the problem, even Dimi isn't the problem. Ryan is. If Ryan plays well this year, we're making noise in the playoffs - period. If Ryan has a good year and the team does poorly, I'll eat my words, but I guarantee that won't be the case. Bookmark it.

Faith

29 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

You clearly haven't been watching our D yourself.

You talk about our D the same way as those mouth breathers who claim our D is bad based solely on points and yards allowed.

31 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

And when we don't collapse because this is a different team than those previous ones you're talking about, then that post is 100% f*cking stupid.

31 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

Also, your last statement is just awful. You'd rather us fail and you be accurate, then say you were wrong.

It's a woefully stupid, immature, and self-centered point of view.