It's all over vs there's still hope

SyCo

It's just preseason guise r.e.l.a.x. 

No I won't relax.  I'm wearing a 13 dollar falcons hat, I've purchased my right to panic so bite me ok? 

Yea, preseasons not a great indicator when you're looking at the score,  but when you're looking at the performance of your starting units... pretty good indicator. However. .

Remember last year?  Heres what we thought our team was going to be after the third preseason game...

A pass rush powerhouse. Remember? They were frikkin brutal.. regular season started up and they turned back into Mike smith's darlings.

We also thought we had no run game and the worst oline in the history of football. Then what happened.. for a good portion of the season, they were one of the best groups on the league.  Yea how bout dat? 

So who knows how this will shake out. Not me. I do feel like that corner that matt ryan was supposed to turn is not coming so it appears he turned around and went back home.  I love the fella, I hope he figures it out, but he fell off a cliff last year and looks no better.  Shannyhan isn't instructing him to throw off target.  Isn't happening guys...sorry.

1 minute ago, kelvin31063 said:

There's some here that just won't stand for any Ryan criticism... Ryan is that you? Go study the playbook some more and do some passing drills so when you occasionally complete a pass that isn't a check down you actually catch the receiver in stride.

I've said pretty consistently all day that I'm concerned about Ryan.

Having said that, he hit a receiver in stride with a beauty of a pass and the receiver fumbled.  Ryan is a big problem on the offense right now.  As with last season, unfortunately, he's not the only problem.

I said before the game  that I thought we might lay an egg in this one. They have been looking bad and got embarrassed enough to show up. Their defensive front is better than our O-line on paper and they came in motivated to show they could play. Still..it was just downright hard to watch. Even though I anticipated it I thought we would have a few bright spots. Nope.

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

There is nothing more helpless than being a sports fan. Either cheer for the team or don't. Buying a $13 hat doesn't change anything, when the team is building $2 billion stadiums.

jesus christ, you totally missed the point

Just now, EVIL Dan Quinn said:

I'm guessing you have a hat game...and matching shoes? all you need is a matching purse and some ladys draws

2 hats and one of them is about 3 years old. I was just cracking a joke but man you really are being sensitive today. Didn't take you long to start throwing out insults did it?

Just now, Jpowers said:

2 hats and one of them is about 3 years old. I was just cracking a joke but man you really are being sensitive today. Didn't take you long to start throwing out insults did it?

im just joshin ya..  be cool man

Guest since'66
11 minutes ago, EVIL Dan Quinn said:

Yea, preseasons not a great indicator when you're looking at the score,  but when you're looking at the performance of your starting units... pretty good indicator. However. .

Your statement above applies to the regular season as well. Especially the regular season actually.

Remember the first 5 games last season? Myself and many others were concerned about the performance on the field above and beyond the final scores which had the Falcons actually winning all of the first 5 games. Our concerns with those "performances" were that the team did not exemplify strength on the field in many critical areas, even though they won those games. We were chastised as "just wanting pretty wins". Remember that? Well, we see now that was not the case, never was, and never will be.

So the same thing is really happening again with those that keep calling out "it's just pre-season, relax". 

When you have watched this franchise for so long, or football in general, you usually can get a pretty accurate feel for when the team is going to be a good team throughout an entire season above and beyond wins, loses, and statistics.

So I believe that you are correct in how you are viewing these games---- only more so after the season begins.

Just now, since'66 said:

Your statement above applies to the regular season as well. Especially the regular season actually.

Remember the first 5 games last season? Myself and many others were concerned about the performance on the field above and beyond the final scores which had the Falcons actually winning all of the first 5 games. Our concerns with those "performances" were that the team did not exemplify strength on the field in many critical areas, even though they won those games. We were chastised as "just wanting pretty wins". Remember that? Well, we see now that was not the case, never was, and never will be.

So the same thing is really happening again with those that keep calling out "it's just pre-season, relax". 

When you have watched this franchise for so long, or football in general, you usually can get a pretty accurate feel for when the team is going to be a good team throughout an entire season above and beyond wins, loses, and statistics.

So I believe that you are correct in how you are viewing these games---- only more so after the season begins.

Yea exactly. great post.

27 minutes ago, Leggggggo said:

I'm just curious where I can pick up a Falcons logoed hat for $13?!

I tell you how to get rid of your misery .....  Trade your hat to me and get  a Saints hat and get a ticket on the front role of the Saints Falcon Game. See if that makes you feel better... :tiphat:

6 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

We are just rebuilding again. Although, I didn't know that we ever built anything in the first place.

From 2008-2012 (skip 2009) this franchise was something.

Matt Ryan was an upcoming class QB, Turner exploded onto the scene in the early years of that timeframe.

The defense was rocky, but was held together by trusty vets and then making the move for Julio in 2011 nearly sent them to the top in 2012, but you're right.

Since that no-call PI on San Fran that lead to their demise thereafter, it's difficult to see what identity this franchise has, if any at all.

3 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

I'm done as far as this season goes.  I'm resigned to the fact that this is a bad team especially on offense.  Gonna pay attention to next years QB class & hope we can find Ryan's replacement in next year's draft.

My expectations are low but I'm pretty excited for this season,  just to watch our young guys on D.