Jump to content

Do we honestly think that the Falcons game planned


peoriabird
 Share

Recommended Posts

If the Falcons put a game plan together for last night's game, wouldn't you think that it would have been focused on the Dolphin's secondary especially Byron Maxwell and their line backers?  And why would you call a run up the middle right at the Dolphin's best player on 4th and 1?

If last night was a game plan then both coordinator need to be replaced!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, of course they did.

Obviously, no team/coordinator is going to show anything special or open up the playbook for real, but in the 3rd preseason game you'd better believe they had a game plan, albeit a basic one... Just like the Dolphins did.

The Dolphins game plan was to run the hurry-up and see what Tannehill could do in Gase's offense with the power to audible.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Radiohead said:

Yes, of course they did.

Obviously, no team/coordinator is going to show anything special or open up the playbook for real, but in the 3rd preseason game you'd better believe they had a game plan, albeit a basic one... Just like the Dolphins did.

The Dolphins game plan was to run the hurry-up and see what Tannehill could do in Gase's offense with the power to audible.

 

What was it then?  Who were they attacking?  A lot of short passes and off tackle runs?  How many snaps did freeman get?  And don't get me started on that zone defense where line backers were checking receivers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, peoriabird said:

What was it then?  Who were they attacking?  A lot of short passes and off tackle runs?  How many snaps did freeman get?  And don't get me started on that zone defense where line backers were checking receivers

Besides the drive that ended with Ryan's Redzone INT, whatever the plan was, they did a piss poor job of executing it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know its preseason. It is about talent eval, not game planning and I know this.

I don't think we really game plan anything in preseason. But another red zone turnover made me question everything. Are we really just this bad in the red zone? I don't like Shanahans passing attack at all. I believe Matt is a really good QB, but wtf with the INTs in the red zone!?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Radiohead said:

Yes, of course they did.

Obviously, no team/coordinator is going to show anything special or open up the playbook for real, but in the 3rd preseason game you'd better believe they had a game plan, albeit a basic one... Just like the Dolphins did.

The Dolphins game plan was to run the hurry-up and see what Tannehill could do in Gase's offense with the power to audible.

 

In fact, Shanahan was up in the booth for this one. Wanted to get a real good look at his offense..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, coastiemike said:

It doesn't matter whether you have a game plan or not, if your play and execution is piss poor.  There wasn't much good from last night.  Are you saying lack of a defensive pass rush is due to lack of game planning?  Did they tell them don't try to sack the QB?

No blitzing which is an option for a team without studs among the front 4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Radiohead said:

Yes, of course they did.

Obviously, no team/coordinator is going to show anything special or open up the playbook for real, but in the 3rd preseason game you'd better believe they had a game plan, albeit a basic one... Just like the Dolphins did.

The Dolphins game plan was to run the hurry-up and see what Tannehill could do in Gase's offense with the power to audible.

 

Thank you for saying that. These people on here are over reacting like the world is gonna end. It's preseason people. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, arrogantBEAST said:

Thank you for saying that. These people on here are over reacting like the world is gonna end. It's preseason people. 

We've all heard "it's preseason" the last several years.  Unfortunately, nothing changed when preseason ended and the regular season started. We saw the same...exact....mistakes over...and over...and over....

I'm just tired of waiting for the mistakes in preseason to end, only to see them continue in the regular season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, coastiemike said:

It doesn't matter whether you have a game plan or not, if your play and execution is piss poor.  There wasn't much good from last night.  Are you saying lack of a defensive pass rush is due to lack of game planning?  Did they tell them don't try to sack the QB?

Exactly.

They game-planned, alright, the execution was lacking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, atlGM said:

Game plan wasn't the issue it was execution. Missed tackles, throws in the dirt and int's are execution issues 

A good game plans is very important...if that was a game plan this team is in trouble.  A good game plan plays to the strength of the players, and if done properly can produce success.  I for one do not believe Scamahan's game plan or playbook is good for our offense...especially our QB.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, nomak said:

A good game plans is very important...if that was a game plan this team is in trouble.  A good game plan plays to the strength of the players, and if done properly can produce success.  I for one do not believe Scamahan's game plan or playbook is good for our offense...especially our QB.    

Check my thread on the Redzone int play calling wasn't the problem. The Dolphins weakness are their secondary and linebackers to an extent( not as big of problem as people are making it out to be).

So what did we do threw the ball deep to Julio hit Tamme a couple of times. 

Its a rough game plan they're not gonna go all out to try an expose every on of he Dolphins weaknesses

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, nomak said:

A good game plans is very important...if that was a game plan this team is in trouble.  A good game plan plays to the strength of the players, and if done properly can produce success.  I for one do not believe Scamahan's game plan or playbook is good for our offense...especially our QB.    

I don't think he game planned because if he did, Julio and Freeman would have been featured..not Tammy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, peoriabird said:

I don't think he game planned because if he did, Julio and Freeman would have been featured..not Tammy

He may not have...idk, maybe I was expecting to see fireworks from the offense and let myself down.  I really hopes that the case, but if we look like this when we play the Bucs, I'd be happy if they would just go ahead and give Shanny his walking papers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is cause for concern, but it's not time to panic or anything.  Part of preseason is playing towards areas of weakness to see how well the team handles it.  They won't do this in the regular season.  Preseason is ideally supposed to be about trying certain things to see what works. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, arrogantBEAST said:

Thank you for saying that. These people on here are over reacting like the world is gonna end. It's preseason people. 

Whatever. Go drink some more kool-aid.

It looks like Shannass still refuses to acknowledge his type of offense sucks and Quinn is only good for rattling off stupid cliches.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...